Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Sticking it to toptv and dstv going to get streaming tv  (Read 40441 times)

tonys and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
    • View Profile
Re: Sticking it to toptv and dstv going to get streaming tv
« Reply #980 on: July 12, 2017, 09:23:59 am »
i'm currently using this build: https://kodiapps.com/how-to-install-one-alliance-build-on-kodi-17-krypton
works nicely,  no issues,  am able to stream motogp without any hassles.
it also has a music section,  so sunday afternoon braais are:  select lazy sunday pm house music,  and hit play.
one thumping tune after another.
i've tried multiple builds.   they all have tv and movies,  some have more sport,  the other more news,  there's a build for whatever you prefer to focus on.

Sounds like I need to try that
:paw:

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline IDR

• <insert bias disclaimer here>
  • Administrator
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: July 12, 2017, 10:44:54 am »

Have you found any builds that include Plex?

Plex Media Server is a DLNA server as well - you shouldn't need to include a Plex app to be able to watch shit from your Plex server, though I expect you may not have all the functionality, like, eg. resuming where you left off.

I'm seriously bought into Plex - I absolutely love it!  You still need to provide the content but using Plex as a distribution medium is fantastic.

PS: With the clamp down on Kodi plugins, I maintain that downloading is still the way to go : Sabznbd+, SickBeard, CouchPotato
The three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40 and a hammer.  If it moves and it shouldn't, use the duct tape.  If it doesn't move and it should, use the WD-40.  Otherwise use the hammer.

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: July 12, 2017, 11:13:06 am »

Plex Media Server is a DLNA server as well - you shouldn't need to include a Plex app to be able to watch shit from your Plex server, though I expect you may not have all the functionality, like, eg. resuming where you left off.

I'm seriously bought into Plex - I absolutely love it!  You still need to provide the content but using Plex as a distribution medium is fantastic.

PS: With the clamp down on Kodi plugins, I maintain that downloading is still the way to go : Sabznbd+, SickBeard, CouchPotato

Exactly and if you can round up a bunch of mates to share with each other then you can still stream a lot of stuff

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline IDR

• Administrator
  • Forum Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: July 12, 2017, 11:31:34 am »

Exactly and if you can round up a bunch of mates to share with each other then you can still stream a lot of stuff

Yep, I share the cost of my NNTP subscription with another guy, and my Netflix subscription with 3 others ;D  It inevitably comes down to a couple of beers, but hey.  Better than a kick in the balls.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 11:32:03 am by IDR »
The three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40 and a hammer.  If it moves and it shouldn't, use the duct tape.  If it doesn't move and it should, use the WD-40.  Otherwise use the hammer.

Offline Koet

• T-Rex 700N "The Beast"!
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Splash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: July 12, 2017, 11:33:52 am »
Yep, I share the cost of my NNTP subscription with another guy, and my Netflix subscription with 3 others ;D  It inevitably comes down to a couple of beers, but hey.  Better than a kick in the balls.

Which NNTP host/provider/service are you using?
Only Bikers understand why dogs love to stick their heads out car windows.

Offline IDR

• Administrator
  • Forum Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: July 12, 2017, 11:37:18 am »

Supernews.  Nice because they have servers in both the US and EU and I split my connections across the two - so I hardly ever have an NZB fail because of takedown notices.  Nzb.su as indexer.

Offline Koet

• Splash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: July 12, 2017, 11:41:03 am »

Supernews.  Nice because they have servers in both the US and EU and I split my connections across the two - so I hardly ever have an NZB fail because of takedown notices.  Nzb.su as indexer.

:thumleft:  will investigate

Offline Nish

• View Profile
« Reply #987 on: July 12, 2017, 03:41:50 pm »
I bought this today mostly because the BT on the Pi is terrible. Now I can finally use my Speaker Bar with the Pi on the SPDIF.

Where did you get this spliter ?
4 wheels move the body
2 wheels move the soul..

Online Vintage_Mania

• Bike: Suzuki DR 800S Big
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: July 12, 2017, 05:02:35 pm »
I bought this today mostly because the BT on the Pi is terrible. Now I can finally use my Speaker Bar with the Pi on the SPDIF.

Where did you get this spliter ?

takealot
Verantwoordelikheid mors al my tyd en geld!

Offline Swanniebraai

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • BLESSED!!
    • View Profile
    • The NEW Multipurpose Swanniebraai QuickGrill withy FREE Smoker-Lid
« Reply #989 on: July 13, 2017, 09:32:45 am »
i'm currently using this build: https://kodiapps.com/how-to-install-one-alliance-build-on-kodi-17-krypton
it also has a music section,  so sunday afternoon braais are:  select lazy sunday pm house music,  and hit play.
i've tried multiple builds.   they all have tv and movies,  some have more sport,  the other more news,  there's a build for whatever you prefer to focus on.

Ganjora and anyone, help please, I went through the steps as outlined here but the notification comes which says "FAILED TO INSTALL"

What now?

« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 09:34:53 am by Swanniebraai »
MO CHUISLE!!

Offline Haboob

• Bike: Triumph 800 XC
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: July 17, 2017, 09:22:28 am »
On One Day Only for R849. What do you think? Any good? Bargain?

https://www.onedayonly.co.za/4k-smart-tv-box-quad-core-73798.html?utm_source=OneDayOnly&utm_campaign=11b4c9debf-17_July_201717-07-2017&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_34763bf86d-11b4c9debf-403351373

The Telefunken 4K Smart TV Box transforms your ordinary TV into a Smart TV, giving you all the awesome features of a handheld device and a digital television for an awesome all in one multimedia device! Enhance your home multimedia capabilities by simply connecting this Smart TV box to your TV to watch your favorite YouTube videos, access streaming music, play games, surf the net and reply your emails, and more! Then switch to digital TV mode to pick up digital TV signals whenever you feel like a change. Truly a fully functioning Smart TV for a fraction of the cost.

Product Features
Quad core 4k smart TV box
CPU: Allwinner H3 ARM cortex A7 1.2GHz
GPU ARM Mali-400 MP2
Wifi802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth 4.0
Memory: 1GB + 8GB
1 x HDMI
2 x USB ports
Micro SD card reader
AV reader
IR receiver
100Mbps LAN DC IN
Product Code: TSTB-410
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines ...

Offline Coxwain

• Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Real men ride a pig...Mine's currently in kit form
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: July 18, 2017, 08:33:57 am »
No good ...it has an Android 4.4 Os.
You need at least Android 5.1 to run Kodi 17 or Kodi 18.
PIG LITE....Honda NX 650
Thel PIG... BMW R 1150 GS
The Black Bitch ...Yamaha XT 660 R Black Magic ....Yamaha XT 660 Z
Found my next ride .....BMW 1150 GS ...a mans bike

Offline Ganjora

« Reply #992 on: July 18, 2017, 08:42:34 am »

Ganjora and anyone, help please, I went through the steps as outlined here but the notification comes which says "FAILED TO INSTALL"

What now?

strange...
i have had occasions where it hasn't wanted to load immediately,  just try again or use a different server.
did you enable the 3rd party sources?
that step has wasted a few hours in the past.
critical that you follow each step to the letter,  and make sure you spell everything perfectly.

Offline Haboob

• Bike: Triumph 800 XC
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: July 18, 2017, 09:20:48 am »
No good ...it has an Android 4.4 Os.
You need at least Android 5.1 to run Kodi 17 or Kodi 18.

Thanks!
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines ...

Offline Swanniebraai

• Forum Whore
  • BLESSED!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: July 18, 2017, 09:29:16 am »

What now?

strange...
i have had occasions where it hasn't wanted to load immediately,  just try again or use a different server.
did you enable the 3rd party sources?
that step has wasted a few hours in the past.
critical that you follow each step to the letter,  and make sure you spell everything perfectly.

Ganja maybru, i installed Elysium, hy loep soes stroep nou!
MO CHUISLE!!

Offline Koet

• Splash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: July 18, 2017, 09:53:10 am »

Swannie, het jou Elysium Sky Sports?  Ek het die plugin probeer op 'n stadium maar daar was omtrent niks content nie.  Ek het 'n idee ek sal dalk my Kodi moet skoon begin en van nuuts af add-ons laai.

Offline Swanniebraai

• Forum Whore
  • BLESSED!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: July 18, 2017, 03:50:13 pm »

Swannie, het jou Elysium Sky Sports?  Ek het die plugin probeer op 'n stadium maar daar was omtrent niks content nie.  Ek het 'n idee ek sal dalk my Kodi moet skoon begin en van nuuts af add-ons laai.

Koet, ek sal gaan loer vnaand en jou se
MO CHUISLE!!

Offline Toothless

• Bike: Suzuki DL 1000 V-Strom
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: July 20, 2017, 12:00:03 pm »
Chaps you can moer me if this was covered already. I got my Pi3 yesterday and all I got working so far is Youtube. None of the other addons (Like Exodus and a few others the names I've forgotten) loads on the Pi. I'm going to try Ganjora's build this evening and hopefully that will work.
Then I'd like to download series and movies. I only have Vodacom wifi which is not very fast at all and sometimes dead slow so streaming my not work most of the time. 3G is mostly not available. I read 1190's thread on how to download using Exodus but with that being down, are there other alternatives?

Offline Ganjora

« Reply #998 on: July 20, 2017, 12:06:11 pm »
Chaps you can moer me if this was covered already. I got my Pi3 yesterday and all I got working so far is Youtube. None of the other addons (Like Exodus and a few others the names I've forgotten) loads on the Pi. I'm going to try Ganjora's build this evening and hopefully that will work.
Then I'd like to download series and movies. I only have Vodacom wifi which is not very fast at all and sometimes dead slow so streaming my not work most of the time. 3G is mostly not available. I read 1190's thread on how to download using Exodus but with that being down, are there other alternatives?

before trying to load the build,  enable unknown sources
http://koditips.com/enable-unknown-sources-kodi-help/

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: July 20, 2017, 01:40:53 pm »

I am assuming you loaded your Pi using one of the Kodi Images?

Exodus isnt all that stable lately and also only seemingly available through a build as per Ganjora,
I have started using Specto Fork now, works ok, but also prone to a lot of buffering, seems the providers are too slow to stream properly

Also tried using Elysium, that worked nicely but also only available via a Build and it doesnt support Trakt as yet, Big downer for me

I am seriously thinking more and more of starting a plex sharing group with a bunch of mates as previously mentioned on here and using that to share content with each other, that should eliminate the Buffering issues

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key