Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: 2014 Amageza Cross-Country Rallye - build up thread  (Read 103339 times)

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
Re: 2014 Amageza Rallye
« Reply #180 on: March 11, 2014, 05:52:39 pm »
Alex, you are my brother from another mother man! :laughing7:
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline Cracker

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #181 on: March 12, 2014, 12:21:52 am »
hmm - same father?  :biggrin:
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline N[]vA

• Adventure Geek Extreame!
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Suzuki DR-Z 400
  • Adventure Geek Extreme!
    • Adventure Geek
« Reply #182 on: March 12, 2014, 10:37:13 am »
So having sat down and crunched number for some of the larger plans over the next year(s) I have decided that it wouldn’t be very responsible of me to chase the Amageza as a competitor for the next few years  :-\ Having just returned back to SA and starting to setup shop here again I am supporting my girl over the next year; saving for a wedding and then later kids. Just not financially viable for me to allocate funds to racing the Amageza at this stage in life.

I plan to try and follow the Amageza as either support or meida, media being my RC quadrocopter with gimbal and GoPro. I still really want to support the Amageza in any way I can and I feel this would be an awesome way to help get media cover and thus exposure... also its pretty sick having aerial HD video footage :D

On one hand it sux on the other hand it does free me up for some other very cool things.

Will be posting up my race bike(s) in due course and then getting something more suited to dual sport / social riding
So much of win it hurts! ^.^

http://www.adventuregeek.co.za/

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #183 on: March 12, 2014, 11:44:38 am »
So having sat down and crunched number for some of the larger plans over the next year(s) I have decided that it wouldn’t be very responsible of me to chase the Amageza as a competitor for the next few years  :-\ Having just returned back to SA and starting to setup shop here again I am supporting my girl over the next year; saving for a wedding and then later kids. Just not financially viable for me to allocate funds to racing the Amageza at this stage in life.

I plan to try and follow the Amageza as either support or meida, media being my RC quadrocopter with gimbal and GoPro. I still really want to support the Amageza in any way I can and I feel this would be an awesome way to help get media cover and thus exposure... also its pretty sick having aerial HD video footage :D

On one hand it sux on the other hand it does free me up for some other very cool things.

Will be posting up my race bike(s) in due course and then getting something more suited to dual sport / social riding

WTF? Unfortunate ... But yes life happens ... ask me.  ::)  Hope you will be there though.
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline N[]vA

• Grey hound
    • Adventure Geek
« Reply #184 on: March 12, 2014, 12:26:28 pm »

WTF? Unfortunate ... But yes life happens ... ask me.  ::)  Hope you will be there though.
Yea I hope to be there too, really wanna film the special stages

Offline g1_

« Reply #185 on: March 12, 2014, 12:54:22 pm »
Now we just need a back bone gopro to fly in your quad!

Offline clutch

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
« Reply #186 on: March 12, 2014, 12:59:03 pm »
 :-[

Offline N[]vA

• Grey hound
    • Adventure Geek
« Reply #187 on: March 12, 2014, 01:09:21 pm »
Now we just need a back bone gopro to fly in your quad!
huh?

Offline g1_

« Reply #188 on: March 12, 2014, 01:22:56 pm »

Offline N[]vA

• Grey hound
    • Adventure Geek
« Reply #189 on: March 12, 2014, 01:23:57 pm »
huh?

GoPro with a c-mount:
http://www.back-bone.ca/
Nice!

Plan is just the stock GoPro 3 black I use currently with a polarised filter

Offline MaxThePanda

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Vespa (all models)
  • As in 'Even more Panda'. Also likes sharks.
    • Team 525
« Reply #190 on: March 12, 2014, 02:14:49 pm »

Nooit! That's a shame man... sorry to hear it, but yes. I'll forge on into the land of irresponsibility on my own then ;)

Offline N[]vA

• Grey hound
    • Adventure Geek
« Reply #191 on: March 12, 2014, 02:18:51 pm »

Nooit! That's a shame man... sorry to hear it, but yes. I'll forge on into the land of irresponsibility on my own then ;)
was very envious reading your thread yesterday and knowing what had to be done.

Best of luck to ya mate!

Offline Cracker

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #192 on: March 12, 2014, 07:11:15 pm »

not on your own, pandaman - I am very good at irresponsible too
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline Camelman

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • If it was easy, everyone would do it.
    • Amageza Rallye
« Reply #193 on: March 13, 2014, 10:35:07 am »
My heart goes out to those of you that had parted with so much money, time and effort to then let 'life' beat your dreams to dust.

In this racing business it seems irresponsibility is the name of the game. Who defines responsibility anyways. The everyday dude who gets his kicks from watching reality shows? Where was the days when TV was a imitation of life, now its the inverse.

I say 'up the system'. One life, live it. I might only have this year, this day, this hour left on planet earth. Best I spend it on what I want to do, than what society expects from me.

If you overthink things, you won't even get out of bed!

I decided to try and use one word never, 'But'. Its a lame three letter word which is mostly always followed by failure, unless its in the context of 'She hit a massive donga with her 1200, but bleeding and battered she picked up her bike, and finished the Amageza 2012. ' That was Rynet. A very tough lady!

Like Nike says: 'Just do it, dammit'.

I can think of a million reasons not to have started the Amageza, or not to continue the Amageza. But we will never know what could have been, if we stop now. Note the 'WE' in the sentence. Both YOU and I are in a partnership. While YOU enter the race, I'll make sure YOU and I have something to stand up for, train for, and talk about. Amageza has no sponsors. YOU and I pay for this race, for this dream.

Everybody always have excuses. You read on 'Planning a Ride', hear it in conversations, etc. But where's the guy who says: 'Up that'. I work my ass off, I deserve this. I deserve to be a man, and do man things with men. Or the lady who says, why can't I do it, then shows the men how to bite down and persevere against all odds.

When I started the Amageza I got a lot of flack from my wife and family. I was irresponsible, why don't I rather spend that money on new furniture, bigger house, holidays with my wife, buy my mother a present. My answer was:' I like our furniture and house, I am on holiday the moment I start my bike, my mother sees my success and happiness in an impossible dream as a present.'

Last year when all of a sudden Amageza had competition, big stories, big ads, big sponsorship money, and legislation killed the original Amageza 2013 and I was in ashes, it was motivating emails, calls and support from YOU that picked me up and out of bed every morning. When I heard how my competitor had hit pay-gold in my backyard with sponsorship deals, and I was working 18 hours a day to finance Amageza, YOU were the ones that kept me going. Everytime N[]va posted something on his bike build, everytime Mark Cambell called from the rig to hear how things were going, that kept me going. YOU keep me going. So now its my turn to keep YOU going. YOU enter, and I'll make sure that with my super team of helpers like Pleco, Andy660, Crossed-up, Rynet and others give you a experience the Dakar had back in 1980.

I remember something I read once, it went something like this:
'Ere ever a race is won, not by the fastest, but the one who wanted it the most'.

I want our own rallye in Southern Africa. Not driven by greed or money, but by people like us that will just not give up.

Offline clutch

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
« Reply #194 on: March 13, 2014, 10:56:13 am »
I did it last year on a shoe string budget! Anybody can do it, where there is a will there's a way!

Amen Alex!

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #195 on: March 13, 2014, 03:20:26 pm »
This years one will be the best one yet!
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline T9ER

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Adventure R
  • Fortune favors the brave
    • Joeyevans.co.za
« Reply #196 on: March 13, 2014, 03:52:00 pm »
Dam it Alex, you made me get all teary at work, I had to pretend I had something in my eye!
100% behind you all the way.
Give me an "A".......give me an "L".........give me an "E"............give me a "X". :wav:
The only disability in life is a bad attitude.

KTM 450RR

Offline >>Thump°C

« Reply #197 on: March 13, 2014, 05:56:49 pm »
I like it when the men on this forum are man enough to show respect when a lady does exceptionally well!
+100 CAmeldude
Boys will be Boys.
And girls are darn thankful for that

Offline MissM

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
« Reply #198 on: March 13, 2014, 06:01:42 pm »
 :peepwall:

What's a "shoestring budget"?
“Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world.”

Offline N[]vA