Buff's 2014 Offroad Series (WC) - Caledon RR on Pg2 with pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buff

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
Following on from my thread of last year, https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=116500.0 , I'll be documenting and reporting on my 2nd season in the WC Offroad series, in the hope of attracting even more WD's to this awesome sport.

I'm hoping to take it up a knotch this year and also do the full Enduro season in an effort to improve my technical skills which are sorely lacking at the moment. For me it'll mean a lot more suffering, for the guys reading my ramblings, it'll mean a lot more entertaining reading  ;)

I've also moved up a class this year, into the geriatrics class aka Masters. Next step Wheelchair racing :eek:  
This means I'll be racing against all the old ringers of yesteryear like GJ and co. and having my ass handed to me every race  :-\ But like they say, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and while I'm still heathly and able, I do my best at every event  :thumleft:

I've also taken the plunge and bought myself a dedicated enduro bike. The choices were endless and I hummed and harred over which bike to go for but I finally settled on a bike that I know has a great dealer network behind it (Cayenne@Droomers) and comes standard with a 2 year warrantee, which is unheard of with other manufacturers.

Meet my 2014 Beta 300RR, a little gem of a 2 stroke that has amazed me every time I had the privilage of riding the demo bike. I've tricked the bike with most of the protective bits (some not shown here) and it will hopefully serve me well in the year ahead.

Being a Yamaha freak, I've kept my YZ250 and that'll be my training bike for the days we spend chugging around the MX track.

The first race is the 25th Jan in Caledon. We're doing final route marking on Sat and I'll post a preview of what the riders can expect come race day.

Attachments

• IMG_4965.jpg
    IMG_4965.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_4967.jpg
    IMG_4967.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_4968.jpg
    IMG_4968.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 377