660 tenere screen and blurred vision

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ezee Rider

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Hi Guys, i am trying to figure out if its just me or are there other guys having more or less the same issue with blurred vision on single cylinder bikes, i must confess, coming of an 800gs which was super smooth, no blurred vision, no vibrations, i was a tad spoilt, but having a 660z tenere now, i much prefer the off road ability of the yamie, i fully understand a twin will be smoother with less or almost no vibration, but i was wondering what you guys think or experience.

I have re installed my old bigger and heavier oem bar end weights, the small lightweight ones which came with the bark busters were terrible, massive high freaqency vibration, with the originals back on its much much better, no more tingly hands after a ride, my next step was to get the wheels balanced, did that, but did that at the same time i did the bar end weights, so not sure if my wheels were balanced or not, or better...also rode with three diferent helmets, it wasn't helmets or head shake from helmet, so end of story not helmet related, i am running mitas eo7's, so doubt it could be the tyres, although i run low pressures, 108 front and 1.9 back, as i do allot of gravel, could it be pressures..i doubt that..

The blurred vision starts from over 100km/h, its a very fine, high freakqency kind, but trying to read street signs etc...you notice its blurred, is this par for the course for singles, if so then its not the end of the world as when you off road there are know signs to read, just a bit concerned as i checked on google a study that showed future eye problems with continuous blurred vision, but maybe they talking about serious vibrations, not sure, oh almost forgot, also upgraded front and rear suspension with yaguar, so cant be suspension, what do guys say about blurred vision......