Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: DRZ400 E Dripping fuel from Float bole over flow  (Read 586 times)

Offline Grumpleton

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Live life like there is no tomorrow, For F#$K sake
DRZ400 E Dripping fuel from Float bole over flow
« on: January 20, 2014, 08:49:14 pm »
Some advice.

My DRZ has started to drip fuel,   :-\ I had the carb out today and cleaned it and checked the float valve and all seemed fine to the eye. but still dripping  >:(
now reading on thumper talk , it is suggested that the problem lies with the O-ring behind the valve seat , now how can this be, if on a light or hard tap (depending on the mood  >:( ) the drip stops , only to start up again if I rev the bike. ??? What to do. Will I have to replace the whole assembly and can I get it from an aftermarket supplier, because the stealers want my next month pay packet for this assembly.
Bikes : 2003 KTM 950 adventure S, 2018 KTM 690 Enduro R , BigBoy Revival 150 for the dorp.

Sun, Wind and Sail and for those colder days, My Bike.
Live for today, because yesterday has gone and tomorrow may never come.

Offline Torque Curve

• Bike: AJS (all models)
Re: DRZ400 E Dripping fuel from Float bole over flow
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 09:12:25 pm »
Inspect that float valve again, use a magnifying glass if need be. The slightest ring worn on the black tip of the valve needle can cause a leak which is momentarily stopped if the carb is tapped.

The needle valve and seat of the FCR carbs can be replaced. The old seat simply pulls out of the carb base.

VALVE SEAT    13371-29F00        
O RING           13374-29F00    
SCREW           13601-29F00        
VALVE  13370-29F00

For the CV carb used on the DRZ400s and sm, one part numberis used for the assembly.
VALVE ASSY,NEED
13370-29FA0

many of the Japanese bikes use the same float valve so you might be able to buy a loose one if matched to the one in your hand.

“Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive”
― Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values

Offline Grumpleton

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Live life like there is no tomorrow, For F#$K sake
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 07:15:45 am »
Inspect that float valve again, use a magnifying glass if need be. The slightest ring worn on the black tip of the valve needle can cause a leak which is momentarily stopped if the carb is tapped.

The needle valve and seat of the FCR carbs can be replaced. The old seat simply pulls out of the carb base.

VALVE SEAT    13371-29F00        
O RING           13374-29F00    
SCREW           13601-29F00        
VALVE  13370-29F00

For the CV carb used on the DRZ400s and sm, one part numberis used for the assembly.
VALVE ASSY,NEED
13370-29FA0

many of the Japanese bikes use the same float valve so you might be able to buy a loose one if matched to the one in your hand.

I had a look on Thumper talk, is the S and sm or the E33 carb valve assembly not the same as on the E or E 3 carb the part number is the same except for the last digit, and the complete assembly is cheaper than the loose parts.
Bikes : 2003 KTM 950 adventure S, 2018 KTM 690 Enduro R , BigBoy Revival 150 for the dorp.

Sun, Wind and Sail and for those colder days, My Bike.
Live for today, because yesterday has gone and tomorrow may never come.

Offline Torque Curve

• Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 08:07:10 pm »
My guess is that the valve would be the same. More than likely you do not need a new seat, just the valve. I ordered one for my RMX250 2-stroke @ R360 from Suzuki here in PE. It is expensive, but I'll never have to buy another one for as long as I use this bike.
“Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive”
― Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values