Newbie Roadtrip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Having read some of the other posts I feel under pressure to post and share my 1st Roadtrip

Took delivery of my F800GS on 11 Dec'13 and thought it best to get some kms under the belt before venturing off-road in 2014.

With some good advice from the Forum I invested in a soft bag at Flying Brick and headed out on 3rd Jan. Battled a bit with the Gopro which had been left to gather dust for the previous 18 months so didn't get any pics for the fisrt leg from Cape Town via Betty's Bay, Hermanus, Stanford and Gansbaai to Swellendam

Z8h1GJ8.jpg

Unfortunately the staff at the Backpackers were rather unfriendly so I've taken this stop of my list for future trips.

Day 2 I headed for Koedoeskloof, but first aimed for 7 Weeks Poort.

aEhZ9Q8.jpg

Got my first speeding fine in Ladysmith for doing 78 in a 60km/h zone :-( But on the upside I met a Dutchman (a real one from the Netherlands) in 7 Weeks Poort. Jaap had just completed a 3 month trip through Africa on his KTM and had chosen to spend his last 3 days exploring the Klein Karoo. I invited him to join me at Koedoeskloof.

OkgKWz9.jpg

That's him on the bottom right of the pic. Jaap shared some videos shot during his trip south. The fact that he is a professional cameraman added to the quality and definetely motivated myself and the other guests at Koedoeskloof to tackle longer routes in future.

I have to thank Debra and Eugene at Koedoeskloof for their amazing hospitality. Great venue that must be highly recommended!

Day 3 next