Day tripper.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
OK, this is a ride report, not a photo report. It is also a short RR, since it only lasted a day.

Oh yes, I took no photos.

Got up at 06H00 this morning, got my clothes on, started my bike and left Stellenbosch at 07H00.  Franschhoek, Villiersdorp, the I turned off onto the Scherpenheuvel/Eilandia
dirt road, and arrived in Robertson.
Filled the fuel tank in Montiekie and took the Oubergpas road . This is the road that runs parallel with the Anysberg reserve road, only the Ouberg road runs on the south side of the Anysberge.
Exactly 100kms along this road you will find a turn-off to the right, with a signboard that reads;" Plathuis/Hondewater". In here is a farm where we spent some very good times on, hunting, motorcucling, etc, with GJ and his family. I saw a lot of waterdamage on this farm, called "Kruitfontein"
This farm got it's name from the waterfountain on the property that smelled like gunpowder due to minerals in the water, hence the name "kruit". which is Afrikaans for
gunpowder.
I then carried onto the Ladismith road, made a courtesy call at Koedoeskloof to say hello to Veldtie.
Then I rode to Laingsburg, and what a lot of waterdamage they have had! Here I filled up, bought Steers and coke, and stopped 25kms out on the Moordenaarskaroo road, where half the long bridge has washed away.
After eating my lunch, I continued along the Moordenaarskaroo road, and turned onto the Klein Roggeveld road. This tees into the Portugalsrivier road, where I turned left and
ended up in Sutherland.
I then rode down Oubergpass[the Sutherland one] , into the middelpos/Gannaga road which leads to the R355.
Stopped for a CokaCola at die plek met n ietsie van alles in die middel van nerens, Tankwa Karoo padstal, temperature in Tankwa at 40degrees today. I rode with a T-shirt.
I then continued back to Stellenbosch, where I arrived at 07H00.
I filled up the XT in Laingsburg and tried to go through to Ceres on one tank, and to my amazement it did the 365KMS WITHOUT going on reserve!!  I really nursed it.

Thanks for the few non-ADD Dogs that read my RR.