Helderberg Yamaha- Tankwa Stonehenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy660

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
Riders that did the route:

1.  Andy660  Tenere
2.  Steven B  Tenere
3.  3 Blind Monkeys  KTM990
4.  Keith 1200  BMW
5.  Gary super 10 Yam
6.    Erik 690 Ktm
7.  Kameelkop  690 Oryx

We had a good days ride on Sunday , all home safe , but tiered !

We refueled in Ceres and did the boring R355 to make good time for the day.

The route was 494 km fuel stop to fuel stop , but I had organized some fuel at the halfway point.
The R355 has taken quite a beating with heavy rains , but wasnt in too bad a condition.

We regrouped here at Karoopoort before hitting the long dirt ride to Padstal.
Karoopoort , the first Uitspan after ceres for the Oxwagons to rest and water the oxen and horses , now a national Monument.
The Outspans are all the way to Kimberly and beyond.

First stop was Padstal.

That nice little splash pool had some pretty "Lillie's" in it when we got there.(Lillies got out for the pic !)

Our Stock of good used tyres at Padstal are " Vol-op" and tubes too.
Thanks guys for dropping off your good used tyres & Tubes there.
Any WD that gets stuckout there, you know where to get sorted out.

We grabbed some cool drinks and chilled for a minute admiring the Lillie's !

Henk , The Owner  of Stonehenge popped in , on his way back from his Saturday Night sleep over at Stonehenge and confirmed the Braai Packs were organized for us.

We took the Tankwa Turn off and made our way to the Desert road that I had mapped that would take us to the Tankwa River and eventually ,Stonehenge.

The road had some serious rain damage and there  was a little more sand about now !

We made a stop at BH se plaas to check that all was still good there.

My WILDDOG sign out in the Tankwa ,  was still in tact, one day to be seen on Google Earth!!

We proceeded down the road , and started the sandy bits and badly eroded desert road , with a lot of wash aways  , "lekker riding" and quite a lot more sand than there was previously .

The road to Stonehenge had got a bit sandy again , but still manageable
In the heat of the sun and a little dehidration , I swore I saw a Slver Sailing Ship , so I took a pic of it,
LOOKS REAL HEY ???

Henk , JP and Socks have done some awesome work on upgrading the Stonehenge Tented Camp, There is the new bigger Pub , Under cover Lappa , Under cover Jacuzzi , that can be heating for the cold nights in Winter, white a few more tented dwellings , with solar geysers and solar panels,#
Keep it up Henk and partners , Looking Good.
To be cont.
Hier kan die WD kekker kuier, of hoe ???