Let the racing begin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camelman

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
I have sent my entry off to the WCOC for the Swartland 200.

This will be my first motorcycle race ever and a big thanks to my sponsors for making this possible. For the past couple of years I have put every cent I have into Amageza with not much left for myself. You are making a big dream possible!

A big  :thumleft: to Offroad2 and WCOC  for the discounted entry fee. I know how difficult it is to create a event, and the costs involved, and this is really appreciated!

I recon a feel for close quarters racing may come in handy on the NAR where it will also be fast-paced and open.

My weapon of choice for this weekend will be my Kawasaki KLX450R.

For some reason I have yet to figure out, it tires my forearms out. This has never happend on any bike, and definitely not on my KTM 690 Oryx RR.

The suspension also needs a tune as I have the idea the the previous owner was a 140kg farmer as the set-up is very hard. The bike also pulls like a horse, and the throttle very sensitive. But I have thousands of kilometres on the KTM and only about 200km on the KLX. Will also try and take around to Dirtrider Motorcycles to check out the suspension and set it up for my weight. Also thinking of a  sprocket setup of 14/47 instead of the current 13/50 to save the engine a bit. Bike also has no electric fan. Hopefully there is no bottleneck where the bike has to idle excessively long.

I think this is going to be quite fun. If you okes are doing nothing and want to make it part of a Saturday morning outride. Come pitch up at the event. I will have my gas braai there if you want to tan a wors and have a good laugh at me, as I find out how many times I can ride the circuit in the three hour limit.  :imaposer:

The location is at: S33 15 58.24    E18 57 0.10

The Swartland 200 thread: https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=142132.0

Attachments

• Swartland200.jpg
    Swartland200.jpg
    391.7 KB · Views: 256