Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Never fear SA  (Read 5194 times)

Offline Fidel

• Capo di Rompe Coglione
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
  • U KANTE KILLE ME
Re: Never fear SA
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2008, 04:59:08 pm »
was wondering how long you were gonna take?

dustsucker

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2008, 05:26:40 pm »
Fidel, the dif between humans and animals are that humans have 'ego`s' and animals don`t. Some humans have bigger ego`s that others, that is why you get a KTM, BMW, HARLEY, KWAKAJAKI etc clan.  With each brand name is a level of ego attached.  You can probably guess where the biggest ego`s are stuck???Hugh?? There are humans that live very much in their "Animality" state (10 levels of humanity)but no animal living in the "Humanity" level of life.....u gonna be sorry when we go for that next beer  ;D ;D Is that the backpage girl you are smiling at on that newspaper?

« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 05:36:06 pm by dustsucker »

Online fixit

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2008, 06:50:47 pm »
If I may indulge??????.............. The last trip around good old SA with you guys was a real eye opener for me!

I think more South Africans should do trips like that when they feel the need to escape.

Adaptability seems to be the only way we will get to enjoy our lives In SA. With the good things that are happening at the moment, like ZIM, who knows, maybe things will get better much sooner. After all, I think great lessons are being learnt by what is going on with our neigbours.

And so, Fidel, I think it is time to draw a straight line accross your map to Harare and plot the long way round. What do you think?
Happiness is not getting what you want, but appreciating  what you already have.

dustsucker

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2008, 08:25:55 pm »
+100 fixit, i just wish we had more time to mix with the locals along the way...that also makes the trip worthwile. I had a great time with you guys.  ;D

dustsucker

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2008, 09:06:18 pm »
Fidel, i thought my earlier post would generate some chirps but you caught onto me too quickly. What i mean is that alot of people think off "cause and effect" as in a "now thing". You will hear alot of people say: i was too young for "apartheid" so why am i being "punished". I smack my boss, tomorrow i get fired. I show you a zap sign,you hit me.There is also a thing called "latent effect". Sorta like when you hurt your knee in rugby when you`re 20, all ok but when you are 50, you can not walk anymore.
Another example is when you take an acorn seed(cause) and you put it in fertile ground(effect),the tree is not  imeadiately there but you made the cause and effect has manifested itself, many years later you have a mighty acorn tree. We are sitting with a "latent effect" of a "cause/s" our forefather`s make. Not your forefathers though cause they stayed in Europe, too scared to travel to deepest Africa. ;D We are stuck with the Karma made by causes very long ago and there is only one away to change/alter Karma couzzie. ;D "I think the priciple of that letter of Allan Knotcraig is what you are saying as well. We have this situation, inherited, complaining and harping on the past is not going to solve anything either, so lets look forward,keeping the past in mind(as a tool and not as a weapon) so that this will not happen again and see what we can do together?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 09:11:08 pm by dustsucker »

Offline allover

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2008, 04:39:11 pm »
Man, Hou jou bek, rot gefrieet.  ;)

Did you look at what your wifes ouma, se ouma, se ouma did before you accepted her. No.
We should not keep on harping of what was. Who ever makes kak in life will get his kak, and narrow minded appartheit regime of the past did. We live in today.

I as you, im sure, had fokall to do with the previous regime.

As regards our land. Humans are animals of adaptability. Wherever we find ourselves we will need to choose weather or not we want to adapt to survive.

Is it worth adapting to the crime, corruption, short sighted culture in this land as a trade off to the weather, beauty, diversity?

We need to make a choice.

So what if i had something to do with the old regime, does this make you a better person than me? Mayby your age says something about your comments!
If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?
Why tip-toe through life only to arrive safe at death's door?

Offline chiefengineer

• Puppy
  • Bike: Triumph 1050 Tiger
    • Middle-Aged-Crisis-Club
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2008, 05:22:24 pm »
Gents

I intend coming down to SA next year on a biking trip with a SA chap I work with. In the meantime I enclose a picture of sunny Britain, taken today, in spring, from my house. You may have problems but you can nip outside and hop on a bike without freezing your balls off.

Offline Fidel

• Capo di Rompe Coglione
  • Race Dog
  • U KANTE KILLE ME
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2008, 08:16:40 am »

Did you look at what your wifes ouma, se ouma, se ouma did before you accepted her. No.
We should not keep on harping of what was. Who ever makes kak in life will get his kak, and narrow minded appartheit regime of the past did. We live in today.

As regards our land. Humans are animals of adaptability. Wherever we find ourselves we will need to choose weather or not we want to adapt to survive.

Is it worth adapting to the crime, corruption, short sighted culture in this land as a trade off to the weather, beauty, diversity?

So what if i had something to do with the old regime, does this make you a better person than me? Mayby your age says something about your comments!

Allover, I dont know you and therefore am not commenting on your character directly. I'm not sure what you are insinuating about my age, perhaps that i am too young to know about the 'apartheit days'.

If this is so, i have been around long enough to know what is right and what isnt. Besides, that mentality continues today, therefore one can still see and understand in certain peoples actions, what it was about.

If you are suggesting something about my character, then you dont know me, so don't comment.

My man, it is clear that the line of thought of the ap regime was warped.
If you were subject to it but not active in it, then i feel sympathetic that you where exposed to it.
However if you where actively involved in promoting and upholding that line of thought, then you where an ass, and perhaps still are.

If you have negative comments, please PM me, as we should not expose our visiting WD (chiefengineer) to any further banter of this nature.

dustsucker

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2008, 09:27:23 am »
i also noticed that age thing :o ...a bit young to be calling me 'rotgefrieet', it is 'Oom rotgefrieet' for you couzzie. ;D
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 09:28:08 am by dustsucker »

Online fixit

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2008, 09:30:03 am »
Ja, you "wet behind the ears laatie"! ;D
Happiness is not getting what you want, but appreciating  what you already have.

Offline Fidel

• Capo di Rompe Coglione
  • Race Dog
  • U KANTE KILLE ME
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2008, 11:49:46 am »
oohhhh..... so its a conspiracy then?

Online fixit

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2008, 01:06:13 pm »
You forgot the smiley?

Offline allover

• Pack Dog
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2008, 02:47:44 pm »

Allover, I dont know you and therefore am not commenting on your character directly. I'm not sure what you are insinuating about my age, perhaps that i am too young to know about the 'apartheit days'.

If this is so, i have been around long enough to know what is right and what isnt. Besides, that mentality continues today, therefore one can still see and understand in certain peoples actions, what it was about.

If you are suggesting something about my character, then you dont know me, so don't comment.

My man, it is clear that the line of thought of the ap regime was warped.
If you were subject to it but not active in it, then i feel sympathetic that you where exposed to it.
However if you where actively involved in promoting and upholding that line of thought, then you where an ass, and perhaps still are.

If you have negative comments, please PM me, as we should not expose our visiting WD (chiefengineer) to any further banter of this nature.

I see that you are quick to comment about my ass, it might be that you are one of those "laaitjies" . I do not always agree with or always disagree with the actions of the past but i take a realistic look around me and see the shit standing high in flower. Maybe you are as young as your comments reflect as it illustrates your obvious ignorance of the situation in this country. Why should i PM you?; thus doing so hiding the fact that there is difference of opinions in this country from a foreigner.
If that puts him off the country so be it

Offline allover

• Pack Dog
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2008, 02:53:03 pm »
 see that you are quick to comment about my ass, it might be that you are one of those "laaitjies" . I do not always agree with or always disagree with the actions of the past but i take a realistic look around me and see the shit standing high in flower. Maybe you are as young as your comments reflect as it illustrates your obvious ignorance of the situation in this country. Why should i PM you?; thus doing so hiding the fact that there is difference of opinions in this country from a foreigner.

dustsucker

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2008, 03:03:27 pm »
see that you are quick to comment about my ass, it might be that you are one of those "laaitjies" . I do not always agree with or always disagree with the actions of the past but i take a realistic look around me and see the shit standing high in flower. Maybe you are as young as your comments reflect as it illustrates your obvious ignorance of the situation in this country. Why should i PM you?; thus doing so hiding the fact that there is difference of opinions in this country from a foreigner.

My friend, you don`t know the man you are chirping here at all and if you are serious in your post above i can assure you that you are way off.  ;D

Offline Fidel

• Capo di Rompe Coglione
  • Race Dog
  • U KANTE KILLE ME
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2008, 05:04:47 pm »

Oom, my age is available for everyone to see. I have nothing to hide, and when you are proud of youself and your actions, you play open cards. Age is actually irrelevant, just as colour is. This open minded understanding of life, is clearly not appreciated by everyone.

There are older people that have less vision and life sense than youngsters. This is called maturity, not age.

Oom, we are completely off the subject and it smells of the 'stuff under the flowers' as you put it, this is why i suggested the PM. We do not need to be personal on this site.

I'll gladly listen to your opinion, and everyone elses for that matter. My wish is to be positive and make this beautifull country of ours a pleasant place to live in. We, have to live in it, afterall.

Online fixit

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2008, 07:54:08 am »

Hi Allover

Unfortunately we are all standing in that shit, some a bit deeper than others, only that the remaining majority have found ways to learn to cope with it. Nobody is ignorrant of what is happening around us. We are just making the most of a bad situation and looking to the positive rather than the negative. I was born here (and so was Fidel) and we aint planning to leave.

I think we should take a look around the rest of the world every so often and really think about how bad things are in SA......or are they?

To sum things up, I think that your posting is rather abusive, and you comments unfair. I'm probably older than most of you, judging by the bike you ride, but wish for just one day to have the knowledge and maturity of Fidel. So yes, I agree, don't PM one another. You are worlds apart.

Moena.......stop feeding him!

Offline Fidel

• Capo di Rompe Coglione
  • Race Dog
  • U KANTE KILLE ME
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2008, 08:17:23 am »
Fixit, thanks my man for the kind words. Small correction, i was not born here, but consider myself South African more than anything else.

I dont mind the abuse, not everyone has the ability to express their thoughts in a constructive manner. Im sure Allover has good intentions but perhaps needs to work on some issues, as everone does.

Hopefully both Allover and Myself can learn something from this discussion and this forum.

About the foreigner, we do need to watch what we say, cause we need them in this counrty. My view is that if the previous regime allowed more foreigners, with different backgrounds and religions, into the counrty, we would be better off right now.

We certainly need the skills that have gone overseas right now. Your reasoning on this issue needs to change, my man.

dustsucker

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2008, 11:18:36 am »
Fixit, thanks my man for the kind words. Small correction, i was not born here, but consider myself South African more than anything else.

I dont mind the abuse, not everyone has the ability to express their thoughts in a constructive manner. Im sure Allover has good intentions but perhaps needs to work on some issues, as everone does.

Hopefully both Allover and Myself can learn something from this discussion and this forum.

About the foreigner, we do need to watch what we say, cause we need them in this counrty. My view is that if the previous regime allowed more foreigners, with different backgrounds and religions, into the counrty, we would be better off right now.

We certainly need the skills that have gone overseas right now. Your reasoning on this issue needs to change, my man.

I KNEW IT,  Gwhaa!!....when you bought daai blerrie Alfa.... ;D
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 11:36:40 am by dustsucker »

Online fixit

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2008, 11:25:27 am »
Oops!, so sorry...., I've known you so long that I forgot for a moment there, but then again, arn't we all immigrants afterall?

I think you missed my point there, or maybe I didn't expess myself clearly.  
Looking around at the rest of the world, I'd rather be in SA for quality of life. This country still has more to offer than most of other countries and if we could just find a way to change the mindset of a couple of idiots in parliment, this could really become the ultimate place to live.

On the other hand, have you ever really thought what SA would be like if we had no crime, no strikes etc.........just think about it.........

It would probably be an over populated powerhouse concrete jungle filled with foreigners and no gravel roads...... just imagine!