Support BB to The Dakar Rally

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueBull2007

Bachelor Dog
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Guys, I have been putting off this thread for weeks but it has to start, and so after three false starts here it is.

My name is Neil and I am going to try for Dakar 2015. Don't know how but I have to try.

RRae-XL.jpg

Sertoes_web_0013-M.jpg
1j-M.jpg

What I have going For me:
  • I'm 42 this year
  • I'm South African and proud of it
  • I finished the Sertoes and the Amageza 2012.
  • I have raced with a three broken bones for two days which shows how motivated I can be
  • Most of my rides end up being somewhat epic, I enjoy pushing the limit of endurance
  • The longer the day the more I like it
  • I have the race bike to do it.
  • I have the wilddogs to provide me with advice and support.
 :thumleft:
  • I speak spanish
  • I'm on the right continent
  • I LOVE racing, especially desert racing
  • I can ride reasonably well
  • I have the right marketing plan that will get my sponsor more coverage from people who count than the pro riders thanks to wilddogs and other social media.

Against me (I need to knock these all off to get to the start):
  • I'm 42 and working my ass off
  • I'm an amateur
  • My rally bike does not have plates and the authorities say it as illegally imported ::)
  • I need to raise a million Rand I don't have this year to do all the rallies I have planned including the Dakar. (R700K just for the Dakar)
  • I have only done one international rally so far
  • I need to do two more this year.
  • There is a chance my application will be turned down
  • The Missus is strongly against me doing it - she thinks I might not come back
  • My leg is still not 100% yet after an injury and my riding is not up where it as
  • I dont have medical insurance right now
  • I'm unfit and overweight.
  • This kind of sport is frowned on by my clientele (the people who I work for). They don't want me taking any risks

So in others words nothing that cant be overcome. Anything is possible. :laughing7:

Sertoes_s_0116-M.jpg

So I'm going to make up a sponsor pack and shirts for you to buy. More on that soon. I also need to think about riding for a worthy human cause. I will design my bike to be the colour and look of my main sponsor.  Failing that the Springbokkie will ride again.

I need a website.

Sertoes_w_0014-XL.jpg

I need a team name (any ideas?)

I need a sponsor who will help me through the next couple of hundred days and the Dakar itself. This is a great opportunity to really get a Company name out there to a huge market, because I am good at that, and this is the kind of adventure that people love to follow.

:sip:
Any ideas/references will be very welcome.

I'm not going to get there without your help, guys.

i-cxVGrsB-XL.jpg

Okay that's enough for now. I'll tell you more about myself and what I'm doing so far soon.

Its 00h27 a.m. over here and I'm hitting the sack. I'll be doing my second training ride in just over 4 hours. Its just a 250km technical ride up into the Andes, topping out at 3,700m. I'll be taking it easy and getting use to my rally bike.

Sertoes_w_0041-XL.jpg

Hope you follow me along.  :thumleft:  :ricky:  :ricky:  :ricky:

My heart is in my mouth right now....