Any one have a run inn with Inspector Gouws (Pows) , Cape Town ghost squad ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badseed

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
Wednesday morning myself and GAW were headinig out of town for a couple of days in the Karroo when Inspector Gouws pulls me over on the N1 just after entering from the new Black River off ramp . He didn't like my little LED indicators on the 690. Over about 40 mins he wasted my time , lectured me about my stupid indicators , made me twice walk back about 50meters to show me he couldn't see the flickers and then got GAW to put his indicators on and once again walk back the 50meters to show me how bright the GS800 indicators are . He continually threatened to impound the bike and went on how he and the rest of the cops are gonna sort out you illegal bikers. He landed up fining me R200 for a missing rear reflector and R200 for no number plate bracket . I have no problem with the fine , just the kak attitude and keeping me standing there for 40 mins while he had this smirk on his face.  I bit my tongue and sucked it up because we were already late and then having the bike impounded would have fucked up GAW's trip as well.

At least we went on to have over a thousand great kms riding in the Karroo over the two days. Beats working.