Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: E-Tolls  (Read 6917 times)

Offline Dwerg

Re: E-Tolls
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2015, 09:47:44 am »
Was told at PO that they do not renew licenses anymore, have to go to licensing department.

I renewed two licenses at my local PO last week
Current: KTM 690R
Previous: KTM 790ADV, 640ADV, 950ADV, 250XCW BMW F650GS Single, F650GS Twin, F800GS, G450X, R50/2 Honda CRF450X, CRF230 x 2, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail Yamaha BWS100 x 2, LB80 Chappy

Offline Xchallenge

• Jou Ma is 'n...
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Braaap!
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2015, 09:49:31 am »
I agree.

The same could be done with etoll invoices. (Not that I will pay them ever, but imagine how many zillions they could save if hey emailed them?)

But as you say, the Printers, Admin Clerks, and everyone involved in the Tenders wouldnt have a job....or a mansion with a fire pool.

If they can catch me! Ha ha.

Just kidding about the disk, but it upsets me that we can be fined for an expired disk because the post office can't send out the renewal forms in time.

What that means is they are wasting millions of tabs on redundant pieces of paper because by the time you receive it, we generally have already updated and paid it.

Careful there Mr XC.
No plate with no disc and a cop in a bad mood might get your bike impounded.

One page form and the post office helped me quick a few months ago.

All these reminders can be done electronically but then the current back pockets wont get filled.
If you had a psychic midget who killed someone, you would have a small medium at large.

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2015, 10:03:51 am »
there is absolutely no valid reasoning behind having to "renew" licensing

just another backward money grabbing scheme , serves no purpose but to steal more money
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline Xchallenge

• Jou Ma is 'n...
  • Forum Whore
  • Braaap!
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2015, 10:13:11 am »
I agree, we have paid for it once, why pay again.

Im happy to pay it every year, provided I dont have to pay TAX, or a Fuel Levy, or VAT etc etc.

there is absolutely no valid reasoning behind having to "renew" licensing

just another backward money grabbing scheme , serves no purpose but to steal more money

If you had a psychic midget who killed someone, you would have a small medium at large.

Online Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2015, 02:32:30 pm »
vehicle licence fees seem to have shot up over the years - just another tax..... maybe the next thing we should stop paying?

anybody have any history by how much a specific vehicle type has increased over the years in Gauteng?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 02:32:57 pm by Bundu »

Offline mtbbiker

• Bike: Suzuki DR-Z 400
  • Meerkat V2.0
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2015, 03:52:32 pm »
Pay R50 for my local auntie and she sorts out my renewals for me.  :biggrin:
Where's this auntie - could safe me a lot of time  ;)
Without goals and plans to reach them, you are like a ship that has set sail with no destination - Fitzhugh Dodson
Project Meerkat:DRZ rally build http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=86025.0

Offline Xchallenge

• Jou Ma is 'n...
  • Forum Whore
  • Braaap!
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2015, 03:53:46 pm »
This auntie's name is "Drake Livingston"

:imaposer:

Pay R50 for my local auntie and she sorts out my renewals for me.  :biggrin:
Where's this auntie - could safe me a lot of time  ;)

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2018, 07:28:47 pm »
loving David makhura. he was one of the very few if only ANC  member to take stand against Jacob and the ANC... he is going to reap the rewards

Cape Town - Advocacy group the Organisation Undoing Tax Abuse (OUTA) has welcomed Gauteng Premier David Makhura's statement during his State of the Province Address on Monday that e-tolls have not worked.  

As News24 reported earlier, Makhura told the Gauteng legislature that it was “loud and clear for all to see that e-tolls have not worked”.

The Premier said that he would be meeting President Cyril Ramaphosa to devise an alternative funding model.

OUTA, which has long opposed e-tolling, said it agreed with the Premier’s call for “a new and more equitable funding model to expand Gauteng’s road network and public transport system”.

“E-tolls have failed and have added to the cost of living for many motorists and public transport users,” it said. 

It noted that according to the South African National Roads Agency's (SANRAL) 2017 Annual Report, the compliance rate for e-toll users was just 29%. 

“OUTA will support all initiatives to get this scheme halted,” it said. 

Negative impact 

Rudie Heyneke, OUTA’s portfolio manager for transport, said: “OUTA is preparing a submission for the Minister of Transport and the President and will engage with the executive to show the negative impact e-tolls have had on the public and on the SANRAL budget and to propose alternative funding models.”

“The collection costs and litigation costs are too high when measured against the revenue generated by e-tolls,” he added

Bike history:
Ital jet 50 - sold, DT 50 - scrapped - AR80 - sold DT185 - confiscated  KDX250 - sold ZZR400 - sold KX500 - XT660R Swapped for R1 YZF R1 - sold - XT660Z - current

The following users thanked this post: RobC

Online Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2018, 07:46:20 pm »
took them nearly 5 years to realise that........ I decided from day 1.. fukkem!

The following users thanked this post: RobC

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2018, 08:23:18 pm »
you an me both! good to see my outa contribution going to good use!
Bike history:
Ital jet 50 - sold, DT 50 - scrapped - AR80 - sold DT185 - confiscated  KDX250 - sold ZZR400 - sold KX500 - XT660R Swapped for R1 YZF R1 - sold - XT660Z - current

Online Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2018, 08:32:15 pm »
you an me both! good to see my outa contribution going to good use!

I'm just concerned that many may now stop supporting OUTA, seeing that they are still fighting the good fight on many fronts..... but, if all goes well, it will be good if we don't need OUTA any more

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2018, 08:36:01 pm »
“loud and clear for all to see that e-tolls have not worked”

On the one hand you hear feedback like that but then on the other hand you hear some people are being summonsed for non payment of e-toll. ???

Online Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2018, 08:42:19 pm »
“loud and clear for all to see that e-tolls have not worked”

On the one hand you hear feedback like that but then on the other hand you hear some people are being summonsed for non payment of e-toll. ???

I have gotten SMS threats periodically, but ignore the lot - I think it's just a bunch of companies contracted to try and get some money from idiots - that should soon stop.... and if it doesn't, who cares

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2018, 08:54:30 pm »
Not talking about the normal threats they send out.
Seen photos of proper legal documents on Facebook BAT site.  Not heard anything further though.

Online Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2018, 09:02:07 pm »
Not talking about the normal threats they send out.
Seen photos of proper legal documents on Facebook BAT site.  Not heard anything further though.

saw that as well, but nothing more......doubt the authenticity ........ I'm used to be in "ignore mode" with e-tolls - would have actually liked to appear in court and ask them for their evidence of every 'transaction'

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2018, 09:07:03 pm »

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2018, 12:06:29 pm »
its all a scam

just ignore
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline Herklaas

• Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • Do it, you only live twice.
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2018, 12:18:43 pm »
 :sip: On the 13th January I was in the Gauteng area visiting family, when I got back in Melkbos I received an account that I owe E-tol R3, 99. I wonder how much the postage cost them for the postage. I did stop at about 3 or 4 toll gates where I had to pay, one was something like R58.00 something like that.
Yamaha 50, Yamaha 400, 2 x Yamaha DR 350 LC, Honda CBX 550 F2, Honda TransAlp 650, Triumph Tiger 800 Xc,
Now 2015 Triumph Tiger 800 Xcx.and.. my favorite... 1996 Yamaha Tenere 660 5 valve single.

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2018, 06:12:32 pm »
bladdy  con artists. you almost feel sorry for them. clearly talented
Bike history:

Offline wiledog_X

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2018, 01:49:38 pm »
And now SANRAL is making serious threats again.....  let them come....  :dousing:

https://www.outa.co.za/sanrals-e-toll-threats-touch-reality/

"For SANRAL to suggest that motorists’ vehicle licenses will be withheld because of  e-toll debt, is ludicrous and illegal. Should they attempt to go down this road, OUTA will engage with its legal advisors and the public to challenge these developments.  The impact of using coercive tactics such as blocking vehicle relicensing or vehicle sales in order to force the payment of e-tolls, will have negative unintended consequences. It will drag the already cash-strapped municipalities into the e-toll fight. It will impact negatively on local government’s revenue streams and policing processes.

In addition to this, SANRAL has hinted at farfetched plans to have SARS act as their collection agents. This will be extremely difficult for them to do both legally and practically, adding further complexity to SARS’s collection woes. This is the last thing that SARS needs on their hands and will add significant legal challenges for them to do so.

“We find it remarkable that SANRAL even mentions the threat of dragging insurance companies into their fight, by suggesting that insurance companies should not insure vehicles with outstanding e-toll bills,” says Wayne Duvenage, OUTA’s CEO.  “This will be virtually impossible to introduce and OUTA will challenge this legally as well as wage a consumer movement to boycott insurance companies who seek to introduce such ludicrous practices and policies into their contracts with motorists.”  When the issue of the impact of unpaid e-tolls and unlicensed vehicles on vehicle insurance claims was raised several years ago, OUTA engaged with insurance companies on this matter and confirmed that these issues do not have any negative impact or consequences on motorists vehicle insurance conditions.”
"all your base are belong to us!!!"