A KTM and a PIG on the Rock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funacide

Race Dog
Administrator
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 890 Adventure R
Saturday morning arrived and Popipants and myself had decided that the rock was worth a revisit since his new PIG and my KTM had not yet seen the top of the rockâ?¦

Met at the Wimpy other side the dam wall and headed out on the 1st canal out towards the rock. Interestingly some sections of canal 1 have been blocked off by serious barbed wire fences with warning signs of no entry all over them.

We were navigating on my memory, so we probably took a few wrong turns but eventually made it to the town by the rock at about 10h00 where we decided to have a beer at the local shabeen before going up the rock. Well what service we received as plastic chairs were brought around in a hurry for us to sit on while enjoying our beers in the shade of the tree.

rock1.jpg

After the beer, we made our way up the rock with no mishaps only to find 6 4x4â??s at the top.
rock2.jpg

These guys had all come up the middle route. After chatting with the guys for a short while and seeing quite a bit of oil spots lying around from them, the guys in the Land Cruiser decides to show everyone how to do it up the steep sectionâ?¦

A few pics of him going up and then back down again on the steep section. Low range and 4x4 helps a lot.
rock3.jpg

rock4.jpg

rock5.jpg

rock6.jpg

rock7.jpg

rock8.jpg

Just some pics of my baby and Popiâ??s new 1150 Adv at the top of the rock, man it is a beautiful view from up there but it gets damn hot very quickly.
rock9.jpg
rock10.jpg
rock11.jpg

Isnâ??t she Beautiful!!
rock12.jpg

It was getting very hot so we made a beeline straight back to the shabeen for some more refreshments. Again the service was good and we did not even have to go into the bar to fetch our beers, they were brought out to us under the trees.
rock13.jpg

From here it was a quick ride back to Harties for some lunch and beer at oâ??Hagens then home on tar.

Thanks for the ride Popipants, good as usual.