Sat 2nd Feb Brits District

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lourens

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha TW200
Brettp, Malgat and me got together at 7 am by the Engen garage for the first leg of our Saturday ride. We also met funacide and popipants who were going to ride "The Rock"
As we got ready to leave a Duanne and his son Devon pulled in on their XT.  We convinced them to join us for the first leg down the northern side of the mountain, over the mountain(Breedsnek) and back to the Engen on the Hekpoort side. 

brettp with his KTM at Engen
img0639.jpg

First stop.  FLTR Our guest Duanne with his son, brettp and malgat.
img0640.jpg

On top of Breedsnek. FLTR brettp, Malgat, Duanne and son.
img0641.jpg

Our guests, Duanne and son Devon
img0642.jpg

We stopped for a beautiful backdrop.  FRLT brettp and malgat.
img0643.jpg

brettp, and me.
img0644.jpg

We met up with Beemer Man back at the Engen and from there we hit the canal roads and other dirt road to about 61km on Thabazimbi side of Brits.

The previous afternoon, Friday, I picked up a slow puncture on my rear tyre. I filled it with Tyre Fix and hoped it will block the hole but it didn't work.  We had to stop every 20-30 minutes for a tyre pump break. It worked out great because everybody had more chance to chat. 

One of the many pomp-stoppe.  ;D  FLTR brettp, Beemer Man and Malgat.
img0645.jpg

Time for rehydration at Bakgat Bottle store.  FLTR Beemer Man, Malgat and brettp.
img0646.jpg

FLTR Beemer Man, brettp and malgat.
img0647.jpg

This is what can happen if your legs are to short for your bike!  brettp had a little mishap with a mounting.  ;D
img0649.jpg

I felt like helping him to get his bike up but I quickly laid down in the road and the feeling went away.
img0650.jpg

Lunch at Beestekraal Stasie.  It is worth the trip, believe me. I'll be back!
img0653.jpg

img0652.jpg

brettp cleaning his face with a wet cloth supplied by the nice lady at Beestekraal Stasie,
img0654.jpg

Beemer Man wrestled the hosepipe down to rehydrate his fancy liquid cooled jacket.
img0655.jpg

Shock!Horror!  Beemer man getting his Bling machine dirty!
ldl1263.jpg

It seems like Beemer Man enjoyed the splash!
ldl1267.jpg

malgat taking his Africa Twin for a splash!
ldl1275.jpg

malgat on his Africa twin.
ldl1283.jpg

Then it was brettp's turn.
ldl1287.jpg

brettp on his KTM
ldl1294.jpg

I realy enjoyed the ride with the guys and had a great time!

Thanks brettp, malgat and Beemer Man.
Thans to Duanne and his son for joining us over Breeds Nek.

Untill we ride again!