Stuff you've witnessed/encountered while commuting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bomskok

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
I know this is not a 'commuting' forum but maybe we can share some experiences that has either happened to you or you've seen while commuting. It's been a long week (for me) so hopefully we can all have a chuckle (or a fright  :eek7:).

- Few years ago while still doing the Centurion to JHB CBD run (or is that the Gauntlet  :)) Was on my way home just past Samrand. Ahead of me was one of these beastly 500cc+ scooters. For some reason he and the car next to him picked up a scrap. He sort of waved to the car and the next thing you know the car swerves towards him and knocks him on the back of the bike with his bumper.  :eek7: For the life of me I cannot think how he stayed upright but he did and sped off ahead of the car. Wasn't my fight so I simply opened up and let it go. I sure was not going to challenge that driver!  :lol8: :lol8:

- I once had a Fortuner drive over my foot at the Old Jhb offramp while we we're all creeping forward towards the traffic light. Was bloody sore as the steel tip of my boot actually bent down towards my toes.  :'( :'(

- last one for now: Also on the PTA/CBD run there was this guy on a superbike that was incredibly aggressive. For no reason he would stand on the pegs while passing a taxi, slow down to the same speed and give it a mighty kick on the door.  :eek: :eek: Even if the taxi would make way for us. Can't imagine getting to work in such a a mood? Sjoe..!

I'm sure there are more stories to tell. Not to mention the countless beauties you get to see on a hot summers day.  :thumleft: