Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Biker shot dead in road rage incident  (Read 44183 times)

Offline Rynet

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
Re: Biker shot dead in road rage incident
« Reply #160 on: February 14, 2014, 04:28:49 pm »
Thanks Arcangel . : " Eyewitness, Jedde Kasamba, said he saw a white man on a motorbike stop in front of the car and start shooting at an older black man who then ducked down for his gun and shot back"

Not really surprised that race played a part. Sadly that tends to escalate things even quicker . :'(
Do then, as per IOL's article the biker did not have a gun ..... and was shot. WTF has race got to do with it? We have had a number of stories of bikes been knocked over by cagers and in the main white's, so now it is a race thing and a road rage thing ......... yeeees lets blame apartheid.

Not blaming apartheid . Saying that people tend to have less sympathy with someone that is not like them. So more potential for misunderstandings when 2 people come from different sexes , races , cultures. But yes good point , there is probably a greater divide between bikers and car drivers than between the races.

Its impossible, said pride. Its risky, said experience. 

Its pointless, said reason. Give it a try, whispered the heart.

Offline Vintage_Mania

« Reply #161 on: February 14, 2014, 04:37:16 pm »
Johannesburg - A motorcyclist shot dead in an apparent road-rage confrontation in Johannesburg on Friday had assaulted the man who shot him, police said.

The 39-year-old biker and the sedan driver, 44, had an argument while driving on Malibongwe Drive just after Witkoppen Road, said Lt-Col Katlego Mogale.

They both pulled off the road, the biker confronted the driver and the argument got heated.

The biker allegedly assaulted the motorist who in turn fired shots, fatally wounding him.

The motorist was injured. He was treated on the scene by paramedics before being transported to hospital under police guard.

His condition was described as serious.

Police recovered firearms from both men. They had been taken for ballistic testing, said Mogale.

Police had opened a murder docket.

Just hurd the same story on 702. Only added detail was the driver was assaulted by the biker in the face with the butt of his pistol. He was treated for head and face injuries and isnow in police custody.

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. And doing nothing often leads to the very best kind of something.

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #162 on: February 14, 2014, 05:37:01 pm »
Fork but the reporting in this country is pathetic, the incident happened this morning and the story has gone viral, eye witnesses have been questioned and still there is nothing but vague reporting and more questions than answers..

Useless.  :sip:
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline arno

• Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • Toppie......Gooi Mielies!!
    • http://www.princealbertcycles .co.za
« Reply #163 on: February 14, 2014, 06:02:40 pm »
Fork but the reporting in this country is pathetic, the incident happened this morning and the story has gone viral, eye witnesses have been questioned and still there is nothing but vague reporting and more questions than answers..

You will have to wait at least 12 months for the real facts....when people testify in Court under oath . Untill then all is speculation and sensation . Look at the Oscar thread . Now at 141 pages all based on rumours and sensational reporting .
Fietse van die verlede: BMW F800GS ,BMW 1150 GS, Honda 305 cc, Honda 400 FOUR, Honda 550 FOUR, BMW 600/6 , DR 650

Tans:  Trapfiets

Offline Just Blip It!

• Forum Vendor
  • www.adventureriderssa.co.za
« Reply #164 on: February 14, 2014, 06:21:51 pm »
Based on the Facebook comments, the victim was a great guy and much loved by everyone. >:( RIP.
Riding Africa's lesser traveled tracks, discovering true adventure!
2007 KTM990 Adventure S
2012 KTM 990R Adventure.

Offline Kneeslider

• Bike: AJS (all models)
    • Classic Cycle Cabin
« Reply #165 on: February 14, 2014, 06:42:33 pm »
they are/were both d*o*o*s*e.
period.

No, no, no, the taal poliste we catch you,
It is not d*o*o*s*e, it is dees.
One goose, many geese
One d*o*o*s, many dees
Now lets not talk about this again.  :thumleft:

Offline SuperDavexlv750r

• Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
    • My business
« Reply #166 on: February 14, 2014, 08:41:28 pm »
very sad indeed and it will be good if the facts come out  :'(

from FB it seems like this was the biker

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200170532725575&set=pb.1219129762.-2207520000.1392370735.&type=3&theater

I believe you are right. Young lady working for me told me it was a friend of hers and he was generally not a hot head?
If you don't wings - you will never fly!

Honda XLV 750 R, Suzuki DR 650 R, Honda CBR1100xx (Blackbird), Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin

Offline Offshore

« Reply #167 on: February 14, 2014, 08:58:37 pm »
I would like to know what that cnut did to provoke the Biker to get into a Rage like that.  Don't misunderstand me I am totally against Road Rage but we get tested every day with these Arrogant Fuckers.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 09:32:23 pm by Offshore »

Offline ChrisMann

• Every day above ground is a good day.
« Reply #168 on: February 14, 2014, 09:12:26 pm »
I am sure ALL of us had met our share of idiot drivers. Did you pull a gun on the cager that nearly took you out?

What is the difference between what Oscar did and this oke?

Not my type of "he was such a nice guy..." anyway.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4368317285638&set=pb.1219129762.-2207520000.1392370735.&type=3&permPage=1

It is sad what happened and I really do not want to judge, but sorry I feel safer in a world without trigger happy testosteronions. It could just as well be your wife sitting in that car...
Take my advice; I don't use it anyway.

Offline Edd

• Bike: Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
« Reply #169 on: February 14, 2014, 09:12:43 pm »
RIP Doug you will be missed.  >:(
Face your Fears, Live your Dreams

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #170 on: February 14, 2014, 09:14:46 pm »
very sad indeed and it will be good if the facts come out  :'(

from FB it seems like this was the biker

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200170532725575&set=pb.1219129762.-2207520000.1392370735.&type=3&theater

I believe you are right. Young lady working for me told me it was a friend of hers and he was generally not a hot head?

seems to not have been good enough today.... irrespective of what the cager did

I've been in situations recently where I wanted to punch people and probably would have 10 years ago.... just to risky these days

Offline detour

« Reply #171 on: February 14, 2014, 09:23:03 pm »
Het nog nooit in Gauteng op 'n bike commute nie, maar hier onder is die meeste "dees" wat ek teekom op 2 wiele eerder as 4. Baie van die manne ry volgens hulle eie stel rels en sommige vererg hulle dan sommer as ander ouens nie volgens daardie selfde fiktiewe rels bestuur nie.
BMW R1200GS Rallye, Husky 501, KTM 300

Offline RedRum

« Reply #172 on: February 14, 2014, 10:18:31 pm »
....maar hier onder is die meeste "dees" wat ek teekom op 2 wiele eerder as 4. Baie van die manne ry volgens hulle eie stel reëls....

ag jammer man, 'skies! Kannie Helpie! Moenie skietie!
 >:D

BRAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaap!

terug op topic...
Ek was nou onlanks daar bo vir n paar dae...
Die verkeer is k@k; mense het nie maniere nie.
Ek moes maar diep asemhaal elke keer as nog n voertuig doen wat hulle wil. Blatant. Geregtig. Herhalend.
Asof die reels van basiese dinge soos hoe rye werk in gemeenskap- net vir sommige is
Ek sien die ouens op bike wat commute is maar min; mens kan verstaan met die onvoorspelbaarheid van mense se interpretasie van die pad tekens and reels kan dit dodelik raak daar vinnig.

ek het my bike gemis om dit eerder te kon skip...

niks se dit beter as dit nie:
Either way...dis 'n fokkop......en so onnodig!

« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 10:21:51 pm by RedRum »

Offline Kameel

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure

2004 F650 GS Dakar (The X); 2004 BMW R1200 GS (GeelKameel); 2008 F650GS Twin (The X); 2008 BMW R1200GS (Silwervalk vir Biker Chick); 2009 BMW R1200GS (Pappa Smurf);
Currently 2010 BMW R1200 GSA (Mr Grey)

Offline ALLEN I

• Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
« Reply #174 on: February 15, 2014, 01:24:30 am »
Not just the 2 blokes involved any more. Im pretty shure they had families and friends and such so in the end it will take its toll on all of them. Stuff like this sucks. old saying (spuit kom te laat)
Biking since the age of 11 nothing beats the freedom when u out there on u baby. Been doing it over 40 years now  (that's life)
Born a Biker, Live like a Biker, Die a Biker

Offline Mzee

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • Bikes: DL 650 Suzuki; Honda 250 Suzuki 125; Vespa
    • Mzee-Jaki
« Reply #175 on: February 15, 2014, 06:10:13 am »
Sorry for both families.  I just ride: if there is way I go otherwise I wait.  I don't hoot, I don't bang or talk to anyone except if it is courteous.  Soberness will in all cases work in your favour.  If you should think that you are the angriest person on the road, wait until to find someone even more angrier than you.  The consequences are often tragic.
Life is kind to those who afford it kindness

XT1200Z Super Tenere

Offline 2StrokeDan

• I've been to paradise, but i've never been to me....
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #176 on: February 15, 2014, 07:28:46 am »
This could serve as a lesson to all who are so quick to want to deal out PK's, let me tell you if I was assaulted in any way, I would retaliate.

If facts here are correct, the motorist can claim self-defence, unless he shot the biker in the back.

Motorist 1, biker fokkol.

Offline TheBear

• Stalin was 'n sissy.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #177 on: February 15, 2014, 08:46:47 am »

So, do you reckon the police and prosecuting authority should have their reports in the press?
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline lecap

« Reply #178 on: February 15, 2014, 08:49:40 am »
i just heard on the news that the car driver was also wounded.
appears like a bit of an 'old wild west' shoot out...

Those who live by the sword die by the sword.
Very sad.

Traffic in the Mother City was somewhat crazy yesterday too. Slow moving, little if any space fro splitting, pizza oven heat.

Wooooooo sssssaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 08:55:04 am by lecap »
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." (Red Adair)

Offline shark_za

• Old Boys Club
  • Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
  • KTM 300
« Reply #179 on: February 15, 2014, 08:56:45 am »
Shooting someone in the back is not cut and dried, he could be moving to cover to carry on shooting, clearing a malfunction , pausing to reload.