Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Biker shot dead in road rage incident  (Read 43630 times)

Offline Rynet

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
Re: Biker shot dead in road rage incident
« Reply #180 on: February 15, 2014, 09:20:05 am »
I would like to know what that cnut did to provoke the Biker to get into a Rage like that.  Don't misunderstand me I am totally against Road Rage but we get tested every day with these Arrogant Fuckers.

That is the million dollar question for me too, I was just too scared to ask it in case someone gets offended. :biggrin:  If we go into life or death situation, logic and reason can shut down and instincts/rage can take over. Disclaimer , I am not defending what anyone did , we don't have enough facts , but I am curious as to how a seemingly normal guy just snapped one sunny day.  

And it can sometimes takes a long time to reconstruct exactly what happens , can't blame the reporters. Always difficult when one of the witnesses can't testify.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 09:24:30 am by Rynet »
Its impossible, said pride. Its risky, said experience. 

Its pointless, said reason. Give it a try, whispered the heart.

Offline Lord Knormoer

• is nog 'n kinders :-)
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Wassie ekkie!
« Reply #181 on: February 15, 2014, 09:28:51 am »
This could serve as a lesson to all who are so quick to want to deal out PK's, let me tell you if I was assaulted in any way, I would retaliate.

If facts here are correct, the motorist can claim self-defence, unless he shot the biker in the back.

Motorist 1, biker fokkol.

Agree!

Offline Parkinoff

• Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
« Reply #182 on: February 15, 2014, 09:35:56 am »
Sorry for both families.  I just ride: if there is way I go otherwise I wait.  I don't hoot, I don't bang or talk to anyone except if it is courteous.  Soberness will in all cases work in your favour.  If you should think that you are the angriest person on the road, wait until to find someone even more angrier than you.  The consequences are often tragic.
:thumleft:
My rides:

Super Hex TTI Alexithymia with completely unnecessary, but very expensive Nemophilistic suspension. Electroflux Gogglemaster Oenophilia Edition. 1983 (very rare) Yonderly Bawhair with heated grips.

Offline Lord Knormoer

• is nog 'n kinders :-)
  • Wassie ekkie!
« Reply #183 on: February 15, 2014, 09:37:38 am »
I would like to know what that cnut did to provoke the Biker to get into a Rage like that.  Don't misunderstand me I am totally against Road Rage but we get tested every day with these Arrogant Fuckers.

That is the million dollar question for me too, I was just too scared to ask it in case someone gets offended. :biggrin:  If we go into life or death situation, logic and reason can shut down and instincts/rage can take over. Disclaimer , I am not defending what anyone did , we don't have enough facts , but I am curious as to how a seemingly normal guy just snapped one sunny day.  

And it can sometimes takes a long time to reconstruct exactly what happens , can't blame the reporters. Always difficult when one of the witnesses can't testify.

In my experience when something really scary happens there is very little argument, one party normally shaken and the other apologetic.

Most road rage incidents develop from something small and the ego's and tempers take over escalating it into violent outbursts.

Then there is also a part of the population that takes it upon themselves to dish out education by means of PK's in traffic. These guys will jump out at the first sign of anybody even remotely offending them. They brag about throwing keys into the veldt, smashing mirrors and headlights etc. These you should watch out for.

Offline Offshore

« Reply #184 on: February 15, 2014, 09:57:35 am »

Then there is also a part of the population that takes it upon themselves to dish out education by means of PK's in traffic. These guys will jump out at the first sign of anybody even remotely offending them. They brag about throwing keys into the veldt, smashing mirrors and headlights etc. These you should watch out for.

A Powderkeg
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 09:58:32 am by Offshore »

Offline Just Blip It!

• Forum Vendor
  • www.adventureriderssa.co.za
« Reply #185 on: February 15, 2014, 10:03:17 am »
Seems like the biker only dealt the car driver a PK and when he turned around to walk back to his bike he was shot in the back and in the arm. That to me is straight murder, not self protection! He didn't even fire his weapon!

http://www.volksblad.com/nuus/2014-02-14-padwoede-eis-pa-van-vierjarige

JOHANNESBURG. Douglas Pearce het nie die kans gehad om Valentynsdag saam met sy vrou en vierjarige dogtertjie te vier nie hy is gister omstreeks 07:00 in n padwoedevoorval in Randburg doodgeskiet.

Pearce (39) het op sy oranje Kawasaki Ninja ZX10 deur die vroegoggendverkeer op Malibongwe-rylaan in die rigting van Randparkrif, waar hy saam met sy vrou, Tammy, en dogter, Nicole, woon, gevleg toe daar n onderonsie tussen hom en n 44-jarige prokureur in n Chevrolet-motor uitgebreek het.

Dit het tot n woordewisseling gelei en albei het op di pad, tussen Witkoppen- en Boundary-straat, links van die geel lyn aan die linkerkant van die pad afgetrek, het lt.kol. Katlego Mogale, polisiewoordvoerder, ges.

Dit blyk dat die oorledene van sy motorfiets afgeklim en na die motor geloop het. Hier het die mans kwaai woorde gewissel en die oorledene het die man in die Chevrolet na bewering geklap of geslaan.

Na verneem word, is die prokureur, wat in die landdroshof in Roodepoort op aanklag van moord sal verskyn, vir n ernstige kopwond in die hospitaal behandel.

Albei mans het vuurwapens gedra, wat tot die plofbaarheid van die situasie bygedra het, het Mogale ges.

Pearce was volgens n ooggetuie besig om na sy motorfiets terug te draai om weg te ry toe die eerste skoot val.

Dit het hom regs agter, laag in die rug, getref en het dwarsdeur sy lyf getrek.

Die tweede keer wat die sneller getrek is, het die vuurwapen nie n geluid gemaak nie, vermoedelik omdat daar nie n patroon in di silinderkamer van die rewolwer was nie.

Maar die derde skoot het weer getref  di keer in Pearce se linker-boarm.

Hy het hom op die toneel doodgebloei.

Volgens ooggetuies het Pearce nie n skoot afgetrek nie.

Hy is op die toneel dood en Netcare 911 het die prokureur onder polisiebewaking na n hospitaal geneem.

Pearce het by SportsApp, n Gautengse maatskappy wat sporttoerusting aan skole verskaf, gewerk, en Tammy is n kleuterskoolonderwyser.

Pearce se jonger broer, Nigel, het ges sy broer sou enigiets vir sy vriende en familie doen.

Tammy is in n toestand.

En Nicole . . . ons weet nie mooi hoe ons di aan haar gaan verduidelik nie.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 10:04:59 am by Just Blip It! »
Riding Africa's lesser traveled tracks, discovering true adventure!
2007 KTM990 Adventure S
2012 KTM 990R Adventure.

Offline Rynet

« Reply #186 on: February 15, 2014, 10:03:19 am »
 Yes perhaps the rider regularly swore at motorists and bashed mirrors , but perhaps not . I am curious what made a seemingly happily married ,non-criminal rider, on a nice bike, snap so badly this one time.  I have a feeling there is more to it , that he was seriously provoked , that's all  . I also don't like it if bikers or anyone wants to retaliate , just curious as to the chain of events that led to this tragedy.   

Offline Just Blip It!

• Forum Vendor
  • www.adventureriderssa.co.za
« Reply #187 on: February 15, 2014, 10:09:23 am »
Got this off FB, someone who knows him and what actually happened it seems;

"This morning Doug got up 2 go 2 work.. he kissed his wife and 4yr old daughter goodbye, got on his bike and left.. on the way a motorist cut in front of him... they drove on swearing and gesturing as is normally the case in situations like this... a few mins later Doug pulled in front of the motorist, got of the bike, walked upto the car, words were exchanged and Doug fisted the motorist in the face and walked away.. mins later he lay dead, shot twice by this motorist.. 1nce in the arm and 1nce in the back... at no time was the motorist shot... All he has is a head injury from the punch. And is now charged with the murder of Doug... The hearing will b on Tuesday. Back at home a wife sits, family around her, devastated, no words r a comfort. Her 4yr old daughter runs around playing.. And she knows at some point,she has 2 tell her baby that her daddy isn't coming home. This is the facts of this tradgedy.. And I sit knowing theres nothing any of us can say 2 comfort Tammy. R.I.P Doug"
Riding Africa's lesser traveled tracks, discovering true adventure!
2007 KTM990 Adventure S
2012 KTM 990R Adventure.

Offline shark_za

• Old Boys Club
  • Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
  • KTM 300
« Reply #188 on: February 15, 2014, 10:19:48 am »
You could write that a whole lot differently....

Offline krazy-eyes

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #189 on: February 15, 2014, 10:23:43 am »
It's the same thing every time...."why would such a friendly guy snap like that and assault/kill someone?"

People, in a fight-or-flight situation it is a known FACT that your brainstem does the thinking FOR you and you have no control anymore.
The brainstem is incapable of reasoning or weighing up consequences of actions - There is no more reasoning, only survival....ie. eliminate the threat at all costs.
When both people allow their brainstem to take over, people die, plain and simple.

Offline shark_za

• Old Boys Club
  • KTM 300
« Reply #190 on: February 15, 2014, 10:25:24 am »
"Eyewitness, Jedde Kasamba, said he saw a white man on a motorbike stop in front of the car and start shooting at an older black man who then ducked down for his gun and shot back. "

Lets see what the evidence suggests.  You point a gun at me I will definitely return fire, back or not.
Bodyguard? Typical steroid aggro type found at clubs?

Offline Veldbrand

• Super Saaiber Slet
  • Vendors
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Hou die blink kant in!
    • Koedoeskloof Country Lodge
« Reply #191 on: February 15, 2014, 10:31:46 am »

Pearce was volgens n ooggetuie besig om na sy motorfiets terug te draai om weg te ry toe die eerste skoot val.

Dit het hom regs agter, laag in die rug, getref en het dwarsdeur sy lyf getrek.

Die tweede keer wat die sneller getrek is, het die vuurwapen nie n geluid gemaak nie, vermoedelik omdat daar nie n patroon in di silinderkamer van die rewolwer was nie.

Maar die derde skoot het weer getref  di keer in Pearce se linker-boarm..........

............Volgens ooggetuies het Pearce nie n skoot afgetrek nie..........

INDIEN hierdie deur ooggetuies bevestig kan word, het daai prokereur 'n lang en ongemaklike wagtydperk saam met 'n hele span ander lustige manne wat vir hom voorl.
Net jammer dat hy seker wel na 'n ruk sy vrou en kinders sal kan sien en voortgaan asof niks gebeur het nie.
Hoe dit ookal sy, Doug se gesin en familie sal nooit weer daai voorreg h nie.

Justice is a town that no-one's ever found. >:(
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 10:32:46 am by Veldbrand »

Co-ordinates: S33 30.300 E21 10.258  http://www.koedoeskloof.co.za/  facebook - Koedoeskloof Country Lodge, Dwarsrivier, Ladismith, WC
Life is like hitch hiking, just when you think you're not going to get a lift, you don't.

Offline krazy-eyes

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #192 on: February 15, 2014, 10:33:50 am »
"Eyewitness, Jedde Kasamba, said he saw a white man on a motorbike stop in front of the car and start shooting at an older black man who then ducked down for his gun and shot back. "

Ask five different so called eye witnesses what colour the car was. I guarantee you will get five different colours.

People cant remember facts in situations like these.

Offline shark_za

• Old Boys Club
  • KTM 300
« Reply #193 on: February 15, 2014, 10:34:05 am »
Sources  informed The Citizen that the driver of the car appeared to have marks to his face which may have been caused by the butt of a firearm from an earlier incident.

Netcare 911 spokesperson Santi Steinman said that according to paramedics on the scene, the driver of the cars injury was definitely caused by a bullet.

Online 2StrokeDan

• I've been to paradise, but i've never been to me....
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #194 on: February 15, 2014, 11:52:55 am »
The sad thing is that the real guilty party here is not to be prosecuted at all. The SA traffic authorities, who speed traps all day and should actually do all in their power to bring road
lawlessness under control.

It remains UNACCEPTABLE to walk up to anyone and hit them in the face, regardless of how that person taunts you. If you struggle to control yourself, go for help.

Once again, the actions of people makes firearms look bad.

Offline Rynet

« Reply #195 on: February 15, 2014, 12:58:06 pm »
It's the same thing every time...."why would such a friendly guy snap like that and assault/kill someone?"

People, in a fight-or-flight situation it is a known FACT that your brainstem does the thinking FOR you and you have no control anymore.
The brainstem is incapable of reasoning or weighing up consequences of actions - There is no more reasoning, only survival....ie. eliminate the threat at all costs.
When both people allow their brainstem to take over, people die, plain and simple

Exactly my point on the top of this page . Thanks for making it clearer :thumleft:

And yes some will say what a nice guy  ,and others will paint him all bad, but I think we are all capable of doing something extreme in fight -or -flight situations , so yes it does irk me how self- righteous some people get when they point fingers and say they will never do it , all angels on this forum  :biggrin: >:D.

The biker paid the dearest price . As for the driver  ,  it will depend on whether he attacked in self defence and within the bounds of it , or whether he retaliated. Not fair to say we don't have justice.  Self-defence involves complex legal issues , and then after the Court has sat through months of testimony , to work it all out , people still come out and say it's unfair and the judgement wrong, despite not having put foot in Court or read the transcript .  ::) 

Offline superten

• has a magnificent
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 750 Z Super
  • ...XTZ 750 Super Tenere
    • the seals of nam
« Reply #196 on: February 15, 2014, 01:08:24 pm »
Ah,its perfectly clear.

Driver gets PK
Driver shoots biker
Driver's gun jams
Driver looks down barrel and pulls trigger
Drivers ear blown off
Driver shoots biker a second time in anger

When I read the description of the driver,I just knew...

It is time.

Offline Grrard

• AKA 'jupiter' maar noem my Gerard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • WAT KYK JY
« Reply #197 on: February 15, 2014, 01:34:54 pm »

Ah,its perfectly clear.

That he is black or that he's a lawyer ? Tell us... we're not all so perceptive.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 01:35:39 pm by jupiter »
...dis nooit te laat om n happy childhood te he nie !

Build a sidecar they said. It will be fun they said. Ja-nee !

Offline Andre.Bike

• BMW R1200GS Adventure LC
« Reply #198 on: February 15, 2014, 01:39:14 pm »
Ek dink nog steeds as jy na iemand stap en hom n PK gee, dan moet jy vat wat na jou kant toe kom, reg of verkeerd........ As jy dink dit is jou plig om iemand te oordeel en straf uit te deel gaan dit jou inhaal. Jy kry dit dalk vir n paar slae reg net todat jy by die verkeerde persoon kom. Ry eerder weg....
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. The only person that is with us our entire life, is ourselves-be ALIVE while you are alive. :-)
2017 Bmw R1200 GSA LC, 2014 Bmw R1200GSA LC(Sold)
2011 Bmw R1200GSA(sold), Honda CRF 450R(sold)
2010 Bmw F800GS(sold)
2009 F650 Dakar(sold) 1984 RZ50(sold)1999 PE175(sold)

Offline superten

• has a magnificent
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 750 Z Super
  • ...XTZ 750 Super Tenere
    • the seals of nam
« Reply #199 on: February 15, 2014, 01:40:53 pm »

Ah,its perfectly clear.

That he is black or that he's a lawyer ? Tell us... we're not all so perceptive.

That he is the kind of person that shoots people in the back,of course.
It is time.