Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Biker shot dead in road rage incident  (Read 42799 times)

Offline Lommies

• Bike: Honda XR600
  • Previously, the artist known as ArsŤne Lupin
Re: Biker shot dead in road rage incident
« Reply #200 on: February 15, 2014, 01:52:21 pm »

Ah,its perfectly clear.

When I read the description of the driver,I just knew...

That he is black or that he's a lawyer ? Tell us... we're not all so perceptive.

That he is the kind of person that shoots people in the back,of course.

Jup, jy't in daai pothole ingehardloop... ;)
Vertel my, hoe laat kry die Stormers op hulle moer teen die Chiefs vandag?
Final score: Stormers  34-26 Chiefs

Offline jagter

• Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #201 on: February 15, 2014, 02:14:57 pm »
One messed up story with polar opposite witness accounts.

In 1 scenario the driver is 100% guilty of murder, and in the other scenario it was self defence.

Still a bad move from both of them to stop to fight. But like others have said, everyone has their breaking point,  especially when a cager tries to use his car as a weapon.

Offline LeonDude

• A very quiet
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • DR650 - The next adventure
    • Leon de Kock - Author pages
« Reply #202 on: February 16, 2014, 06:16:24 pm »
Having had some time to think about this, Iíve now decided there are two parties responsible, maybe indirectly, for this incident.
One party are the metro police, who are known to regularly take bribes. Their bribe-taking leads to the total anarchy which is Gauteng traffic.
The other party are the group of people who bribe the metro police. They drive in any way that they want to, in the safe knowledge that a Mandela or two will smooth over any problems.
Get rid of these two parties and suddenly everybody will be forced to obey the rules, or to pay the penalties. If people knew that someone who regularly breaks the law will be caught and penalised, they will probably be far less inclined to take the law into their own hands.
But most importantly, the roads would be safer.
Great news, my book 'Sniffer' has seen the light of day on Amazon Kindle!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N664WIH
Check out my website for free short stories!
http://www.leondekock.com/short_stories.html

Offline Lord Knormoer

• is nog 'n kinders :-)
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Wassie ekkie!
« Reply #203 on: February 16, 2014, 07:57:05 pm »
Having had some time to think about this, Iíve now decided there are two parties responsible, maybe indirectly, for this incident.
One party are the metro police, who are known to regularly take bribes. Their bribe-taking leads to the total anarchy which is Gauteng traffic.
The other party are the group of people who bribe the metro police. They drive in any way that they want to, in the safe knowledge that a Mandela or two will smooth over any problems.
Get rid of these two parties and suddenly everybody will be forced to obey the rules, or to pay the penalties. If people knew that someone who regularly breaks the law will be caught and penalised, they will probably be far less inclined to take the law into their own hands.

Is that not the root of the problem? Blame "them/it" for our mistakes without taking personal accountability!

Modern society uses excuses like ADD, apartheid, racism, biker, cager etc. instead of standing up and admitting "I f_cked up!" or "I choose to not just move on and insist on teaching the guy a lesson!"

I get the blind anger theory but even that can be avoided by using the big brain we were born with, evaluating the options and choosing the grown-up action.

There is no excuse for what happened. It was a fight like any other you see on schoolyards, in bars etc. As a father and husband you choose to avoid certain situations because you are responsible for others. You give up extreme sports because you need to be there for your daughters wedding and your sons education. You avoid altercations because you know the other guy might just be more upset, more desperate or better armed. You grow to accept that your's is not always bigger and even when it is, you choose to not prove it because you have grown up and developed self confidence.

Anarchy cannot be blamed on anyone but the people perpetuating the acts. Stop doing it because you should, not because you can get caught. It's called a paradigm shift.

Edit: One of my favourite songs by the Eagles lyrics' articulates it very eloquently:

http://youtu.be/1H-Y7MAASkg

Offline elandsrider

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #204 on: February 16, 2014, 08:01:11 pm »
We live in a lawless society. A law abiding society is such due to the consequence of breaking the law being effective.
 Have crossed roads in european countries at pedestrian crossings where people walk when the green man appears and wait when the red man is up. Cars will stop when green and will only go when road is clear. Generally law is abided, in this banana rep its everyone to themselves, very unfortunate incident. Guns dont kill, its the idiot behind it
KLR 650, KDX 200, XTZ 750, XL 500

Offline Phacochoerus

« Reply #205 on: February 16, 2014, 08:18:27 pm »
Just heard on 702 that a biker has been shot dead in a road rage incident on Madibongwe road in Randburg! Apparently the traffic was slow and the biker and motorist had some kind of argument and the biker stopped and got off his bike and went to talk to the guy - and now I am not 100% sure if the biker pulled a gun first but apparently he walked back to his bike and the motorist shot him twice. ( My facts are here say from the radio and I am sure that news story's will surface soon with the proper facts...)

Wow man guy's be careful out there...
Stopping someone who annoys you by his actions can be dangerous and you should at most just give him the finger, ride away and stay alive for another day. Johnny Cash wrote a song called " Don't take your guns to town son, leave your guns at home"
But remember, please, the Law by which we live,
We are not built to comprehend a lie,
We can neither love nor pity nor forgive..
If you make a slip in handling us you die!
Rudyard Kipling - The secret of machines

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #206 on: February 16, 2014, 08:48:58 pm »
I can't believe that a road rage incident happens and people decide that it is a good idea to point the finger at the metro Police  ??? people need to take responsibility for their actions, I don't go around shooting people and blame the corrupt gov.

Really  ::)
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline spoedvark

• Forum Whore
« Reply #207 on: February 16, 2014, 10:19:55 pm »
Sad day with many more sad days to follow for a wife, mother and daughter!

All those valentine's days ahead, birthdays, Christmas's, etc.

Sad sad day which could easily have been avoided by passing the cages and as you carry on down the road just shaking your head!!!

Sad day!
Go Big!
or
Go Home!!!!
Previous bikes:
Yamaha XS 400 Special Kawasaki ZX 10 Yamaha XT 550 BMW 650 GS BMW 1200 GS KEEP THE RUBBER DUSTY!!!!

Offline Bernt

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • riding makes me smile
« Reply #208 on: February 16, 2014, 10:32:39 pm »
As an adventure rider I know I have to endure the uneducated on the roads but to know I will always enjoy the freedom of offroad trails or dirt keeps me sane....
Suzuki AC 50. Suzuki TC 200. Honda XL 175. Honda XL 185. BMW Dakar(2001). BMW R1200GS(2004). BMW R1200GS(2006). BMW R1200GS (2010) KTM 1190R (2015) BMW R1200GS lc (2016)

Offline BraLu

• Bike: Yamaha XT600
« Reply #209 on: February 16, 2014, 10:34:05 pm »
Hoor Hoor Lord Knormoer!
Previous bikes: Yamaha Thunderace 1000; Yamaha XT 350; Kawazaki AE 50

Offline Mev Vis Arend

• Bike: Honda CRF-250L
« Reply #210 on: February 17, 2014, 07:36:33 am »
Hoor Hoor Lord Knormoer!

SÍ ek ook. 
Honda XR250 - Given to daughter.  BMW 1200 GSA met Karretjie  -  Suzuki 125 Scoota with a KTM topbox - sold.  Honda CRF 250 L

Online Ganjora

« Reply #211 on: February 17, 2014, 07:41:25 am »

you know,  leon,  i have given this a lot of thought.
i fell responsible.
after my reported in the newspaper dodging of bullets, 
i think maybe this chap also thought he could dodge bullets.

i want to state categorically for the record:  dodging bullets is not easy to do,  and should not be attempted by people i have not trained.

Offline Gene

• Bike: BMW (all models)
« Reply #212 on: February 17, 2014, 07:59:44 am »
Got this off FB, someone who knows him and what actually happened it seems;

"This morning Doug got up 2 go 2 work.. he kissed his wife and 4yr old daughter goodbye, got on his bike and left.. on the way a motorist cut in front of him... they drove on swearing and gesturing as is normally the case in situations like this... a few mins later Doug pulled in front of the motorist, got of the bike, walked upto the car, words were exchanged and Doug fisted the motorist in the face and walked away.. mins later he lay dead, shot twice by this motorist.. 1nce in the arm and 1nce in the back... at no time was the motorist shot... All he has is a head injury from the punch. And is now charged with the murder of Doug... The hearing will b on Tuesday. Back at home a wife sits, family around her, devastated, no words r a comfort. Her 4yr old daughter runs around playing.. And she knows at some point,she has 2 tell her baby that her daddy isn't coming home. This is the facts of this tradgedy.. And I sit knowing theres nothing any of us can say 2 comfort Tammy. R.I.P Doug"
This is where the gun was stuck at some point and the driver shot himself in the arm, if the biker had a gun he did not use it, maybe to moer the oke on the head, yes?
Very sad... RIP

Offline Manic

• Vendors
  • Bachelor Dog
1250 HP GSA
H2 Supercharged
990 SM

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
« Reply #214 on: February 17, 2014, 08:32:26 am »
in a nutshell it all boils down to BAD DRIVING int his country in my opinion.
We all see it everyday, there are really bad drivers out there, its one thing being able to drive a car / ride a bike, but you have to be able to read traffic and use your mirrors and use your brain as well.

I regard myself as a good driver, and when I see the nonsense that  goes on out there it drives me insane, laws being broken, and most mainly because the drivers have no cooking clue what they are doing.

Bad driving causes road rage.
The SO and  I were almost taken out yesterday on Voortrekker Road at the top of the mountain in Pretoria, cos an arrogant box in hie BMW came racing past use cutting into our lane almost side swiping us from the left, the arrogant look on his face when we passed him at the robot just said to me that he thinks he is better than those around him and he saw nothing wrong with what he did, took a lot to stop myself from kicking his door, but the subject of this thread crossed my mind and I just rode on, leaving him far behind in his stupid little "make my penis bigger" cage.
:paw:

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline PierreO

« Reply #215 on: February 17, 2014, 08:43:50 am »
idiot  >:D

http://jozirides.wordpress.com/2014/02/15/motoring-journalist-wishes-bikers-break-their-necks/

This poor bugger did not think before he opened his mouth . He has issued a apology but I think it's a late for that . His e-mail addy and cell phone number is all over social media and I have been told that the oke is now to scared to leave his house .

Offline LeonDude

• A very quiet
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • DR650 - The next adventure
    • Leon de Kock - Author pages
« Reply #216 on: February 17, 2014, 08:45:48 am »
Mikie, that is exactly what I mean by saying the cops should do their job and sort this out. If the people who drive/ride like that are given fines or have their licenses taken away and they then have to redo their licence before they can drive/ride again, a lot of people would cool thier attitudes on the roads.
Great news, my book 'Sniffer' has seen the light of day on Amazon Kindle!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N664WIH
Check out my website for free short stories!
http://www.leondekock.com/short_stories.html

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
« Reply #217 on: February 17, 2014, 08:47:33 am »
Mikie, that is exactly what I mean by saying the cops should do their job and sort this out. If the people who drive/ride like that are given fines or have their licenses taken away and they then have to redo their licence before they can drive/ride again, a lot of people would cool thier attitudes on the roads.

:thumleft:
:paw:

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #218 on: February 17, 2014, 08:49:58 am »

http://jozirides.wordpress.com/2014/02/15/motoring-journalist-wishes-bikers-break-their-necks/

This poor plugger did not think before he opened his mouth . He has issued a apology but I think it's a late for that . His e-mail addy and cell phone number is all over social media and I have been told that the oke is now to scared to leave his house .

Eish.

From grootbek to stilbek...  :imaposer:

probably gonna be a stukkend-bek before too long...  :pot:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
  • Kraaifontein Plugspanner!
    • Music Ramblings by a serial hobbyist
« Reply #219 on: February 17, 2014, 08:51:18 am »

This poor bugger did not think before he opened his mouth . He has issued a apology but I think it's a late for that . His e-mail addy and cell phone number is all over social media and I have been told that the oke is now to scared to leave his house .

The sad thing is that he himself gave out his own e-mail address and cell phone number as part of his apology.

02/02/12 - RIP Glen - the Arrow of Elliot and the little man with the big heart that truly was larger than life.

You have touched us and left us better for having known you - even if it was only briefly.

For grabbing the moment and living the day It's been way too early that you were taken away