Making a RAM mount for the AEE S51 Action camera

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanB

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Just thought I would post a quick note for those of you that took advantage of the recent sale of AEE action camera's.

The camera comes with a set of stick-on adapters for gluing to flat and curved surfaces (two of each), but none of those is really suitable for connecting to a RAM mounting system.

However if you look closely at the packaging, the camera comes in a clear plastic box mounted on a little mounting post, which can be unscrewed from the plastic box.

I used that little mounting post and attached it to a spare RAM diamond mounting plate I had lying around.
GRAD.jpg

All you need is:
4 x M3 13mm cheese head screws
4 x M3 nuts
1 x large 12mm ID  45mmOD fender washer

Total cost (assuming you already have the RAM diamond mounting plate) R7 odd.

Takes about  20minutes to make.  All you need to do is measure the holes in the little plastic mount post carefully and mark those up on the large washer accordingly, and then drill the holes with a 3mm drill.  Then cut a slot through to the centre of the washer (slot needs to be 11mm wide).  File down all sharp edges and assemble to taste!  :biggrin:

P1010899.JPG

P1010895.JPG

P1010896.JPG

P1010897.JPG

P1010898.JPG