lonerider's alternative route fall saga

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonerider

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
Well folks, you might have read by now that my bike and I went separate ways on yesterday's Alternative Route ride.

I got off lightly with only a sprained ankle - although rest of the body-ache is just starting to kick in...  :thumleft: for good gear - ATGATT rules.

The Pig not that lucky unfortunately. Not going to list its woes, let's wait for the repair quote.

Insurance papers filled in (thanks for the advice Operator), bike now at the local agents for quoting (and hopefully subsequent repair).

sillystunt, she did well - broke my heart when I got up and saw her lying in the dust facing the wrong way. But she brought us home safely, with nary a further murmur of discontent.

Thanks to all the WDs that have PMed, and for the support I got yesterday after the fall. I am new to the rougher stuff (really!), great riding with people that know how much fuss to make (or not make). Hope to be back out there soon! :)

(Pictures and updates to follow.)