A very close one!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corkscrew

Puppy
Reaction score
This weekend I finally convinced my wife to go for a ride with me (2 years after getting the bike), she's scared of riding and generally not to keen on bikes.

So we go to the dam and back and everything's going pretty well. :) On the way back past swartkoop race track I'm following this car at a decent distance and just for one second I look to my left to check something out. When I look ahead again the guy in front had slowed right down to pull off on the gravel. :eek: I heard my wife shout, swerved right and just missed him (in fact I remember thinking that my panniers where gonna hook his bumper). Didnâ??t even have time to brake. Got a big fright and so did she. First time Iâ??ve had a close one in 3 years of ridding, and it had to be the one time that I take my wife with me! I cant remember if I saw the car first or if I heard her shout first, but I think she might just have prevented us from having a big prang. Felt really really stupidâ?¦
Anyway, I donâ??t think sheâ??ll be coming along again any time soon. :(

Donâ??t even want to think about what wouldâ??ve happened if Iâ??d rear ended him doing 70km/h. Just one secondâ??s inattention is all it takes.

Be careful out there guys.