Orange Desert Sky

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxThePanda

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Vespa (all models)
12636460603_de4961a6f1_b.jpg

Remember this? https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=133427.0

Well, The Midget is now a super-enthusiastic little biker fella - he's even been whinnying little high-pitched noises about the Amageza, delusional half man that he is - and he decided that we should schedule a lovely sand-riding bike trip around his annual surf trip (otherwise known as escape from servitude and the drudgery of looking after the 7 little dwarves he has sired recently) to Noup.

crday2_midget.jpg

Tom and I do what we're told, so we signed up. The Mechanical Camel is a stubborn creature and told us all to go drink his urine and waltzed off to engage in some kind of peculiar mind-altering experience in the Amazonian jungle. I don't even ask any more.

Where The Midget leads, we follow, so we fussed, we organised, we extracted ourselves from duties, engagements and things we should otherwise be doing, and got ready. Then the annoying little pipsqueak suddenly announced the surf would be arriving late and he wouldn't be riding any more, but we were welcome to pop in at Noup any time. Little Shit! Screw him and his half-genes, stunted little, dim whitted, knee-eye-level outlook on the world! Hope he drowned.

Anyway, Tom has a shiny new DRZ, to restore his faith in motorcycles after his traumic encounter with all things orange, so we tempted fate, and took ourselves off to the Orange River for a week of wilderness.

I can categorically say that:

1. It is farking hot up there this time of year.
2. We live in the most beautiful biking country in the world.
3. Refer to point 1.

My brain is still fried and I'm busy, so few words and just a little photo essay...

12637840024_144e4bb987_b.jpg