Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: The two Dinosaurs Do Namibia  (Read 7695 times)

Offline ALLEN I

• Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
Re: The two Dinosaurs Do Namibia
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2014, 04:56:01 pm »
Glad you enjoying it cruizaman, yip a few cold ones always go down lekker, see now you even starting to contribute to the economy of the country . enjoy will continue in a while, gotta go get some cold ones :ricky:
Biking since the age of 11 nothing beats the freedom when u out there on u baby. Been doing it over 40 years now  (that's life)
Born a Biker, Live like a Biker, Die a Biker

Offline Goggakop

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2014, 05:05:49 pm »
Charlie Cooper in BIKE SA is my HERO! If something happen to him you will be my HERO!

Offline ALLEN I

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2014, 05:57:43 pm »
Charlie Cooper in BIKE SA is my HERO! If something happen to him you will be my HERO!

Big bud of mine ol Charlie will tell him next time i check him that you say hi, thanks for the compliment, means im high up on somebody's list. Glad you enjoying it. Read on :ricky:
Biking since the age of 11 nothing beats the freedom when u out there on u baby. Been doing it over 40 years now  (that's life)

Offline ALLEN I

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2014, 06:21:24 pm »
No shade and its bloody hot, come across Ian who has stopped for a breather and is utilizing the sign board for some shade. Bloody genius this bud of mine.

A bit up the road we stop and take a few more lekker pics,

Go past Dorob National Park,

Scheme it was too hot or some thing like minded as we could not check any animals around, not even threw the far lookers, I mean hell man not even a little small tiny one except for us two Wild Dogs (he he).

Offline Vlakhaas

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2014, 07:07:08 pm »
Hi Allen,

I've just read your RR. Great stuff!

It was us four at Solitaire, me, DarkMoll, Knaterwater and the big dude Freddie.

So while enjoying your great pics, I just had to post you a pic of what I'm busy with, from one aficionado of the brew master's to another  ;D

Offline ALLEN I

« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2014, 07:17:38 pm »
Hi Allen,

I've just read your RR. Great stuff!

It was us four at Solitaire, me, DarkMoll, Knaterwater and the big dude Freddie.

So while enjoying your great pics, I just had to post you a pic of what I'm busy with, from one aficionado of the brew master's to another  ;D

My Brothers sharing the cold ones again, so glad to see that you ous in Namibia still enjoy the cold one's, thanks for the help with the screen, still on the bike, you guys are the greatest, regards to the other three. will be doing nam soon, send me your phone no when up that way definitely will get hold of you.enjoy the rest of the RR

Offline ALLEN I

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2014, 07:18:04 pm »
Back on the road again just cruising along lekker when all of a sudden I check out this black stuff ahead of me. I sommer got a moerse skruk and gooi on the breaks.

Stop  and  go check it out . Ian must have thought I had lost it. (he he). It was wait for it wait for it (Tare)

By this time I had actually forgotten what the stuff looked like. Sommer net so, dirt ends and tar starts, enough to give any body a skrik. Now after my initial skrik I get back on the bike and gently ease forward, I take it very slow at first as im not quite sure how my bike is gonna handle this stuff. Mmm seems all right so I gently accelerate to a cruising speed. Still not so sure if I should trust it or not.

Check out the dunes in the vlaktes.
Apparently they called dune 7, why?I aint got a cooking clue. To top it all thereís a bunch of mal ous walking or should I rather tuneĒ trying to get the topĒ.

When they get to the top, they check out whatís on the other side, it must be some thing that gives them a groot skrik because next thing you know they are running back down waving there arms , donnering down, jumping up repeating the whole process until they are safely back down.

Scheme to myself.
Now thatís pretty stupid, to sukkel to the top, only to have the shits scared out of you and then to run and ploeg down and so on just to get to the bottom. No man these ous just arenít lekker in the head.

They have this lekker possie at the bottom that sells cold ones so while I refresh my self, Ian decides to go closer to the dune and check out whatís going on there.

Next thing I check him coming back with a stink spoed, Well as you ous no we are Dinosaurs, we are bikers, we are WD we are moerse tough ous but what ever was on the other side Ian wanted nothing to do with it. Think it still haunts him as he want speak about it.

Offline T Rex

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2014, 07:20:24 pm »
Being a Dinosaur myself......

Thanks for a great RR and the awesome pics... :thumleft:

Offline ALLEN I

« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2014, 09:13:45 am »
Being a Dinosaur myself......

Thanks for a great RR and the awesome pics... :thumleft:

You see, so the two moerse strong dinosaurs will greet a fellow dinosaur  :3some: glad you enjoying the RR

Offline ALLEN I

« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2014, 09:21:05 am »
So we cruise on, take a quick ride threw Walvis Bay and then we head of to Swakopmund for the night.

Now we still on this black stuff and next to it is lots of sand and next to the sand is this moerse expand of water for all to see.

It even has these moerse big boats on it.

Apparently its called the wait for it wait for it the (Sea).

We find a guest house. Meikeís Guesthouse

All thatís available is the Care takers cottage and his away. So Ian after learning all those lekker moves from me on how to sweet talk a woman finally pays off and he secures the cottage for us. (Im so proud of my protachy).

My knee is by this time giving me hell as well as Ianís arm, so we decide to stay over for 2 days and recuperate and do some minor repairs, like ram mounts, lube the chain and a few other stuff.

Offline ALLEN I

« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2014, 09:37:11 am »
Now im a ou that believes that if one is visiting a foreign country one should at least have the decency to contribute to the growth of that country, so I do my fair share with the cold ones. Oh and Ian also had a few.
Dam that kak C14 hit us hard.

So we play the tourist game. Go to the beach front and because us two ous is moerse honger, we have some sea food, me im an oyster ou so I had my fair share of them whilst Ian had some calamari and of course the ritual of a few cold ones to let our meal settle. (So you see we once again was contributing to the economy of the country)Hell but we nice ous aint we.

Check these other ous goofing in the sea, so I scheme nooit that looks like fun so of to the water I go to join them. Now you ous all should no by this time that we are dinosaurs, we are bikers we are WD we are moerse tough ous ,but shit man that water is so bloody koude that I sommer run away from it. Bang goes that idea. Ian whoís having a good laugh at me and saying whatís the problem china. Tune him (nooit man the only way a ou can goof in that water is if you drink some anti freez before the time as it will sommer make your blood freeze )

The ou rocks up with the wind shield, so later that day I put it on, Mmm that looks better. We take a ride and check out the town.

Nothing much else to do so we go and chill out.

Day two dawns and my knee is acting up, Ianís arm has also got worse so we are now both on antiflametries and pain pills which is interfering with the intake of the cold ones.
But hey we are dinosaurs, we are bikers, we are WD. we are moerse tough ous, so we take it in stride, but we also no that we gonna have to change our route, so out with the map and we change course.

Instead of going on to Upupa Falls we head of for Spitzkoppe which was a stop any way.

See some wild life along the route.

We get to the turn off and take it slow as a fall now could upset one of our injuries and stuff up the trip.

See some locals in there hot rods.(2 donkey power)

Now our supply of cold ones has run dry, so we find this little shop where we can replenish our supply, only to find all they got is hot ones, well a beggar cant be a chooser so we buy some any way. Then this ou tunes us thereís another possie down the road and they will have cold, cold ones (Now thatís what I call a good sales man)

Of we cruise to the other possie.
Nafdol Inn Beer Garden

Now here is a ou with a vision or a bloody good imagination.

The entrepreneur of the year.

Check out the bird hock.

The  swimming pool.

The pool table. (Every Friday night they a pool competition going).

The dance hall.

Check out the roof, shade cloth, it covers the whole area pool table included, so know you ous know why the pool table looks like it does.

We manage to add some cold ones to our stock.

Offline ALLEN I

« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2014, 10:25:00 am »
Spitskoppe here we come, the road in has lots of loose sand, Ian rides ahead to find a camping spot whilst I take a few pics. Marvelous country this.

Spot the dassie.

Ian returns

He has found us a lekker possie to camp, so of we go.
Bit of a shity ride to get there as I said the sand is loose but we get there with no incidents, park our bikes and set up camp.

Now if you really have to go thereís even a room with a view.

Check out this photo, looks like a baboon eating a banana.

Take a few photos of the scenery.

Relax and have a few cold ones with last nights left over pizza.

Check it out, we even brought thees lekker fold up stoele to sit on. (cool hey)
Then we just chill out some more and have a few more cold ones.

Check my boots out, covered them with stockings so they can loose the "reuk" they some how pick up and it sommer keeps all the "nasties" out of them, nothing not so lekker when  you gooi you foot inside it and thereís an unwanted guest for company. Came across this idea whilst having a cold one, so now you ous know how I get most of my "brilliant ideas." Dam these cold ones are good stuff, sommer helps to keep you "koude", and helps to get the old brain into gear to come up with all of those lekker "ideas"

Night time is on its way so we start with our supper.

Ianís having spaghetti and meat balls.

Me im having some type of canned chicken with provitas mixed in.

Looks good hey. Ya right a braai would of gone down much better, but alas no meat, for some stupid reason we forgot to buy.Ē Must have been those pain pills fault.Ē

Sons setting so im out with the camera to take some moerse nice pics to show you ous.

Nothing like a beautiful son set, sommer takes a ous breath away and then you scheme to your self, Now this is why we here, peaceful, beautiful, good company to share the ride and most of all just to marvel at what nature has to offer.

We chill some more drinking in the tranquility of the place.

So relax some more talk some more kak drink a few more cold ones whilst checking out the stars and then call it a night. Next morning up early and of we go.

Offline mtr89

• Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • one grateful dude
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2014, 10:32:13 am »
This is good fun.keep it coming :thumleft:
KX125-sold;DT 175-sold;XT660R-sold;VFR 800-sold;SR250-soldt;2006 YZ 250 2t sold;2009 YZ 250 2t sold; 2013 XT 660Z Tenere-current

Offline ALLEN I

« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2014, 01:36:07 pm »
This is good fun.keep it coming :thumleft:

Cool ok heres more

Offline ALLEN I

« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2014, 01:57:54 pm »
On route we come across this choo choo so we become baby dinosaurs and we play with it.

Stop off at this joint and fill up the tanks and take a few pics.

As the sign says Ö.
Then its off to the Water Berg Lodge for the night.

Shitty place as they adamant that they will not allow the bikes in.

I mean come on the camp site is 150meters away, we are standing there looking at it. Decide what the Hell, we here so we decide to spend the night. Set up camp and have a cold one or two.

Off to the shop to get some meat and stuff for a lekker braai.
Ian ops for some skaap tjops and wors and I get vark tjops as im stukkend hungry, no bread available so we get a tin of sweet corn to go with the meat.

The long trek back to the camp site. A whole150 meters, dam tiring stuff this walking so back at camp am forced to have another cold one. Mmm that feels better so we start the preparations for the braai.
Fire going strong, tin of sweet corn open, gas stoves out torches out so we can see what we have to see (he he). So all thatís left to do now is to wait for the fire to burn its self down. Boring this waiting stuff so I entertain myself with a cold one or two whilst we talk  about our great adventures and ok ok we just a whole lot of kak that buddies normally talk about. Like if only Mr and Mrs Vis Arend was here they could of made us that lekker bread they always making on those bike trips they do and other sukke goed

Fire down to coals so on goes the meat, check out the braai grid thingy.

Canít forget about the lekker Sweet corn so it  also gets taken care of.

Food all done so we get stuck in and graze like only a honger ou can graze! Tummies all lekker full so we just park around talking some more kak and some interesting stuff also. I mean like there aint much else to do.

Next morning 6am, get woken up by a moerse noise, Baboons are raiding the dust bins, Ian does his best to chase them away  (as he knows how I hate it when my sleep gets disturbed and then im sommer grumpy as I havenít had my morning aah.(coffee) ) Eventually he  gives up the bloody baboons have won!!! Ian sucks at chasing baboons away. He he

Offline ALLEN I

« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2014, 02:23:05 pm »
Back on the road, we turn south to Ourab Dam just outside of Rehobath

Excellent place. Challeighs, challeighs with Jacuzzis, swimming pool, paddle boat rides, restaurant, shop which sells all the necessary stuff a ou needs to make ones life easy like meat wood and lots a other stuff inside it as well as cold ones. So we book a challeigh with a Jacuzzi as my knee is doners sore. We want to buy some cold ones but they tune us donít worry thereís a fridge inside the challeigh that has cold ones in it. So cool, we of to the challeigh. Park bikes kit of etc. Aah now to relax, open fridge and to my horror it only has 4 cold ones in it. Well we open 2 of them and wash down the dust.

Then I get a cold one and jump into the Jacuzzi to relax my knee and soak away all the dirt and grime

Next thing I hear Ianís bike start and off he goes. Scheme to myself now where is he going? Not like him to just up and go. So any way here I am lying in the Jacuzzi when it dawns on me. Hey he hasnít had the other cold one so of I go to the fridge. Yes to my luck there it is. Skim to myself man he didnít look that thirsty so im pretty sure he want mind if I zooi the last cold one. Cold one in hand im back to the Jacuzzi. Lying back enjoying the cold one immensely and then I start to feel guilty for zooing the last cold one and  his gonna kak me out, too late now so I drown my guilt and finish it.

Now I hear him coming back and start to think up all of these excuses to tune him, like the cold one was calling me or it just happened to come to the Jacuzzi all by its self and forced me to drink it or some other kak excuses like that.

Now to all of you ous out there, this is what one calls a bloody good buddy. He actually went all the way to the shop which is about 3km away (nogal all by him self) and returned with, wait for it wait for it a ďdozen cold ones.Ē
Now I ask you ous is that a Great Buddy or what???? 

So an hour or two later bored as hell, was even playing with the cold ones in the Jacuzzi.

Get out of the Jacuzzi as by this time I was looking like a prune, to walk around the corner to find Ian lights out, shame the old ou must have been moerse tired from that long ride to the shop and back, so I leave him to sleep.

Sun starts to set, take some more mooi photos.

By this time the moeg ouk has awakened and we head of to the restaurant and have a bloody good meal and ok ok you guessed it a cold one or two.

Ian even fed his sweet tooth with an ice cream

Offline ALLEN I

« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2014, 03:13:27 pm »
Next morning up early, kit packed and of we go.

We had decided to cut the trip short due to our injuries and head towards the border. One long monotonous road and its as hot as hell and we riding in a dwaal  not even the cold ones are helping, so we take a break, every 30km just to wake up a bit, shit stuff this tar riding.
Reach the border go through no probs, nothing to worry about as I drank all my cold ones on route.

Spend the night in Upington , next morning off to Brits Town where we kip over in the shitiest bed and breakfast possie around, but we had the lekkerste graze of the whole trip at (the trans Karoo Lodge), should of booked in there, and they have nice lekker cold ones.

Next day we up, have a good breakfast, say our goodbyes and we head off in opposite directions, Ian to Great Brak, me im off to klerksdorp.

Distance traveled: How the hell must I know, all I know is that it was Moerse far.
Petrol usage: A Moerse lot.
Food intake: Skaap tjops, Vark tjops, Wors, sweet corn, ice cream and the list goes on.
Beverages: Aaah Water, mmm cold ones, coffee, cold drinks etc.
Tyres: The ones on the bikes.
Cost: A Lot.

Ps: Once again no damage to any Fauna and Flora, oh ye except when I bit the dust.
Pss: No damage to any of the beer bottles on the trip, except to emptying them out.
Pss: Damage Report.: One Wind Shield : My pride.
Psss: An excellent buddy to ride with. 

Well once again thatís it guys and dolls.

The two faithful steeds

The Yammie

The Honda

The two Moerse strong Dinosours.

Ian ( Ian in Great Brak River)

Me (ALLEN I)

For more action related RRís about the two Moerse Strong Dinosaurs
See them on a computer near you

ē   The two dinosaurs take a trip  HIGHWAY TO HELL  Published by ALLEN I
ē   Southern Namibia Ride Published by Ian in Great Brak River
ē   The Klein Karoo Meander Published by Ian in Great Brak River
ē   Anti-Clockwise to St. Lucia Published by Ian in Great Brak River

Till next time.

Offline Ian in Great Brak River

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2014, 03:54:16 pm »
Well said my china, well said. So it is Dinosaurs: 0, Namibia: 2!

Damn we will have to return asap to get some more Windgat Lager down our throats.

Thanks for eventually getting your shit together and sharing.

8)
1978. It's 6am, mid winter...two up on a XL 185S ... off to my first casino ever with all of R40 and we've got a full tank of fuel, so enough to get there we reckon.... that's determination...

Old bike: '82 Eddie Lawson Replica
Other bike: '05 Honda Varadero 1000
New bike: '16 Honda Africa Twin.

Offline ALLEN I

« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2014, 04:57:15 pm »
well what can i say, Can or "bottle" agree with you those cold ones seem to taste better over there.
But yip definitely need to get back there and try to even out the score.
Ya i know i suck, should of done the RR along time ago, but Okay Okay i suck , no excuse. will start on the coastal RR (The two Dinosaurs are at it again)
                                        "The Sea"

Offline subie

• Local Mods
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • Liberalism is the ideology of Western suicide.
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2014, 06:16:53 pm »
Very enjoyable read Allen  :thumleft:
I ran some of those roads, slept over at Ourab dam etc also in 2012.

:puke_l:
Worst camping meal  . Canned chicken mixed with provitas   :lol8:
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 06:17:56 pm by subie »
As time washes by, our footprints are all for naught