The two Dinosaurs Do Namibia

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALLEN I

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
                                                          The Two Dinosaurs Do Namibia

Ok Ok it was two years ago.
                                                                        Any Way.

This is How it came to be.

Mmm so me and Ian (Ian In Great Brak River} is having this lekker  discussion about bikes and all those other lekker gootes that us ous chat about when he tunes me. Hey my china have you ever considered doing gravel roads? Now im a Tar rider who does a bit of the gravel thing to get to the jols and such gootes. So I tunes to him why? Well why don’t I think about it and he tunes me all about this site WD and I must check it out and join up if im interested. So I check out the site and scheme to my self why not. Ian has done a few trips and I checked out his RR’s as well as a lot of other ous RR’s as well, it looks as if these ous are having a moerse jol. And to top it all off I actually dig nature.
So I tunes to him ok im game lets do it.

So what do I need? Duh!! A bike which handles gravel and tar and all of those places those mad ous take there bikes into, as my old but faithful Kawa’s are not made for such riding.

So I check around and me being a bit of a kort gat am sukkeling to find a boney which I smaak and can feel comfy on. Eventually come across an AT XRV 750. For you ous that don’t know, its an Africa Twin, Bit high but I took one look and knew I had found my DP bike and it had all the extras I needed for the trip.

So I get hold of Ian and tune him we on boet, he tunes me what to buy and all those gootes I will need. Lucky I have a lot of those gootes from my rally days.

Cool Hey. So now we are going to Namibia and my first long Gravel Roads.
He makes the plans I buy the necessary kit and all the stuff for the trip and”walla” the time has come to start a new adventure in my life. Little realizing that it would change a lot in my life. (DAM GRAVEL ROADES)

Ian does the planning as im still learning the ropes and I aint got a cooking clue what to expect. Lucky for me I had a couple of cold ones to entertain my self with.

The trip starts
Tune my daughter that she can ride down to George with me and have a bit of a holiday as she has never been down that way.(Her first major long trip on a bike) Needles to say her ass was of.(HE HE) Arrive in George, meet up with Ian at his house and have a few cold ones. Then go and show my daughter the sites and have a bit of a jol and a few cold ones as we show her Ian’s side of the country.

Next day the two Dinosaurs are sitting on the stoep talking kak and discussing the route and such.

Check out this rare photo, Yes im actually drinking some coffee.

Ian had bought us some Ribzz stretches and he tested his out that night on the balcony, I opted to kip on a nice soft bed.

Make arrangements for my daughter who is not chuffed with us as you could see she wanted to cruise with us as she digs bikes just as much as her old man.
But nooit man this is a Buddy thing so got her a bus ticket to go back home to Pretoria.

The day dawns and the two Dinosaurs start there trip.