Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: The new 1200 LC Adv  (Read 21274 times)

Offline Varkboer

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Balls to the walls
Re: The new 1200 LC Adv
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2014, 06:02:54 am »
there is only on thing that i do not like about the  new GS ................................... Idontfuckinghaveone

As I have said before, the new GS is the biggest piece of crap ever build by any bike manufacturer ever!

It will remain such till I get one. 

agree  :lol8:
:imaposer:
 :imaposer:
Baai Geeles

Offline Cobus G

« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2014, 02:31:30 pm »
I managed to get one of these pieces of crap...clearly I have poor taste... :pot: :ricky:
Sometimes it takes a WHOLE tank of petrol to clear your mind...

Offline BLK

« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2014, 02:36:13 pm »
Love that blue.

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2014, 03:06:12 pm »
I managed to get one of these pieces of crap...clearly I have poor taste... :pot: :ricky:

kak mooi!  :thumleft:

Offline nielvn

« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2014, 07:03:46 pm »

Nice congratulations

Offline Bensien

« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2014, 07:18:45 pm »
I read a comparison between the new BMW LC Adventure and the KTM Adventure R in a Spanish magazine. I donít speak Spanish, but  it is close enough to Italian for me to understand most of the article.

These guys were not stuffing around. Some big air and real impressive riding in the photos. Overall the KTM won the shootout by a small margin, but the surprising part was that the bikes scored equal in the suspension department. Not really surprising to me. I have personally seen what the LC can do.
Why do things that only happen to stupid people always happen to me?

Offline Lord Knormoer

• is nog 'n kinders :-)
  • Wassie ekkie!
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2014, 08:20:04 pm »
I read a comparison between the new BMW LC Adventure and the KTM Adventure R in a Spanish magazine. I donít speak Spanish, but  it is close enough to Italian for me to understand most of the article.

These guys were not stuffing around. Some big air and real impressive riding in the photos. Overall the KTM won the shootout by a small margin, but the surprising part was that the bikes scored equal in the suspension department. Not really surprising to me. I have personally seen what the LC can do.

No surprise to anyone that's ridden one. Both great bikes though :thumleft:

Offline nielvn

« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2014, 10:58:51 pm »
I donot think it is fair to compare these two bikes, it is totally dependent upon what your needs are.

The reason why i ride a gs, is very simple, last year on a 5000 odd km 10day trip through Botswana and Namibia, i decided one morning at 08:00 i am returning to Pretoria from Luderitz. Got on the bike travelled 900 odd km to Upington, the next morning early i got on the bike and did another 800 to 900 km to Pretoria, upon my arrival in Pretoria i was ready for another trip. The question in now, at the age 50, would I have felt the same on a different bike, i am not so sure about this.

I am not ridding a gs to push the limits on technical ridding, i do because I would like to get from point a to point b comfortably and not being concerned whether it is dirt or tar....... :thumleft:

Offline Lord Knormoer

• is nog 'n kinders :-)
  • Wassie ekkie!
The new 1200 LC Adv
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2014, 11:05:26 pm »
I donot think it is fair to compare these two bikes, it is totally dependent upon what your needs are.

The reason why i ride a gs, is very simple, last year on a 5000 odd km 10day trip through Botswana and Namibia, i decided one morning at 08:00 i am returning to Pretoria from Luderitz. Got on the bike travelled 900 odd km to Upington, the next morning early i got on the bike and did another 800 to 900 km to Pretoria, upon my arrival in Pretoria i was ready for another trip. The question in now, at the age 50, would I have felt the same on a different bike, i am not so sure about this.

I am not ridding a gs to push the limits on technical ridding, i do because I would like to get from point a to point b comfortably and not being concerned whether it is dirt or tar....... :thumleft:

Given that the 1190 and the GS/A competes for the top selling spot in the 1200 class adventure bike I cannot imagine a more suitable comparison. Read the June issue of Offroad & Adventure for a similar comparison.

Offline Varkboer

• Balls to the walls
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2014, 04:06:24 am »
Ek hoorwat julle maar GS bly die beste  >:D
Baai Geeles

Offline Mzee

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • Bikes: DL 650 Suzuki; Honda 250 Suzuki 125; Vespa
    • Mzee-Jaki
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2014, 09:00:09 am »

There much assumption here that at 50 you are, for lack of a better word, physically disadvantaged.  And what is the relationship between age  and a bike? You could be 25 and may not ride 800kms.  I have done 1500m in 14 hours on a V-strom.  Was it the bike, I wonder! :biggrin:

My point is to argue entirely that because a bike is advanced technically and therefore enables one to ride long distances is false reasoning.  Please spell out clearly the technical aspect that makes it possible to ride long distances. :deal:
Life is kind to those who afford it kindness

XT1200Z Super Tenere

Offline Jakkals

• Forum Whore
  • I never get lost, I only discover new roads
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2014, 09:51:39 am »

There much assumption here that at 50 you are, for lack of a better word, physically disadvantaged.  And what is the relationship between age  and a bike? You could be 25 and may not ride 800kms.  I have done 1500m in 14 hours on a V-strom.  Was it the bike, I wonder! :biggrin:

My point is to argue entirely that because a bike is advanced technically and therefore enables one to ride long distances is false reasoning.  Please spell out clearly the technical aspect that makes it possible to ride long distances. :deal:

Ek wil ook nou nie somer net die thread hi-jack nie,, maar om van Luderitz Upington toe te ry en van Upington na Pretoria die volgende dag is nie juis ernstige km's nie, veral nie met vandag se bikes nie,,

Ek is nie bang om lang distansies te ry nie en het onlangs vanaf Luderitz na Upington gery via die Oranje rivier, en van Upinton af die volgende dag George toe, en dit na 'n amper 4000 km trip waarvan daar op twee dae net oor die 700km per dag gedoen was,,

Om distansie op 'n dag te ry is 'n "mind set", 'n Africatwin is nie die gamaklikste nie, maar ek het al met  een vanaf George Jhb toe gery een dag , en die volgende dag Maputo toe, en daarna my trip op in Moz gedoen,,,,
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 09:54:10 am by Jakkals »
Remember that hapiness is a way of travel - not a destination.

Offline paulb

« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2014, 11:03:59 am »
Lyk my hoe dommer jy is , hoe verder kan jy ry per dag.  :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

ps....Ek kan net so 120 km per dag ry.
Better to have it and not need it , than to need it and not have it

Offline Jakkals

• Forum Whore
  • I never get lost, I only discover new roads
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2014, 11:35:54 am »
Lyk my hoe dommer jy is , hoe verder kan jy ry per dag.  :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

ps....Ek kan net so 120 km per dag ry.

Wat !!!!!,

Jy het nog nie gesien as ons om die pot trippies doen met 'n paar koues in die topbox nie,,,, dan is dit net so pyptig,,,, pypenpyptig,,,,,,,,,, met so drie smoke brakes elke 40 km,,,,,,,   :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:
Remember that hapiness is a way of travel - not a destination.

Offline TheBear

« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2014, 05:33:26 pm »

Janee!  Your taste stinks!  That particular blue is the worst of the lot!  SIES!  GA!  POE!

*drool*
.#BRADICAL!

Offline TheBear

« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2014, 05:36:00 pm »
Some immediately pounced and stated that the below is incorrect because (insert excellent reasons here)

You all miss the point.  The BMW is best by far FOR HIM!  As long as it is best for him, it really is the best bike in the world, for him.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 05:38:15 pm by AMZ »
.#BRADICAL!

Offline Edd

• Bike: Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2014, 05:51:39 pm »
Ek voel vanaand soos n klein seuntjie, glo nie ek gaan kan slaap nie ;D

Kry more my Blou GSA K51.  :thumleft:
Face your Fears, Live your Dreams

Offline TheBear

« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2014, 05:55:23 pm »

Vuil uil!  Hoekom moet ek dit weet?  Skande dat jy dit hier post.  SIES!   :ricky:

Baie geluk.  Sou self nie geslaap het nie.  Geniet hom geweldig!
.#BRADICAL!

Offline Edd

• Bike: Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2014, 09:21:28 pm »

My nuwe baba vandag gaan haal.  :biggrin:
Face your Fears, Live your Dreams

Offline paulb

« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2014, 09:26:35 pm »
Baie geluk , myne is nou 2 maande oud en het 11000 km al op  :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
Better to have it and not need it , than to need it and not have it