Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Gas Gas bought Husqvarna tech  (Read 328 times)

Offline Vintage_Mania

Gas Gas bought Husqvarna tech
« on: February 28, 2014, 07:45:27 pm »
Gas Gas has bought the rights and technology of the previous Husqvarna motors. Needing their own 4T motor this is probably a very smart move. The Husky banger is a super sweet motor.

http://www.enduro21.com/index.php/component/k2/item/1703-ktm-sells-off-‘italian’-husqvarna-engine-technology

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. And doing nothing often leads to the very best kind of something.

Offline StuartC

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 750 Z Super
Re: Gas Gas bought Husqvarna tech
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 12:27:02 am »
you don't want my view do youi?  lol
Life is too short to ride a Honda

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 06:58:47 am »
Gas Gas has bought the rights and technology of the previous Husqvarna motors. Needing their own 4T motor this is probably a very smart move. The Husky banger is a super sweet motor.

http://www.enduro21.com/index.php/component/k2/item/1703-ktm-sells-off-‘italian’-husqvarna-engine-technology

Ok well quite interesting, so did KTM. KTM actually bought the whole company as well as Husaberg and is therefore now very strong on the technology of off roads etc. Seems Gas Gas was not for sale or still not for sale, and Husky had some reserved tech to sell to another companay. How do you ride a Husky or Husaberg these days and still feel ever so proud on your beloved brand when it is already owned by another bigger brand name. Yes it is winning races (roof etc) and shipment already sold out over here and worldwide now a demand but still.....maybe KTM is much smarter than we think.

Gas Gas will hopefully continue with their 2T bikes....they are awesome and my first ever ride on one reminded me of the DT400 enduro and even an old Maico.... These 4T plastics just don't cut the deal for me on ride and reliability. Let's wait and see maybe a real reliable mangrill will be born with this tech.. ???

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 07:03:19 am »
They only bought the rights, for the technology they only have to inspect an older engine, and copy.