Groot Marico Brunch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grootseun

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GSA
Although I do not own a Digital camera of any sorts, I will start the Groot Marico Report, I know Journeyman and Funacide took some peektcha’s and I am sure they will post soon.

It was a chilly Sunday morning when we met at the Sasol Pinehaven where thanx to the Think Bike dudes, the coffee is free!! We met some new faces there, bla and myself helped some dude pick up his panniered 1200 (new) off the ground as I think he forgot to put out his stand, his leg was stuck between the pavement and his ‘xorst. After coffee was consumed, we set off at about 08:30

Bla had the route which included some very dusty dirt with some mielie fields on either side. The roads seem to have been freshly graded, with a lot of loose stones and some sizeble rocks in some areas.

The road into groot marico was absolutely awesome….the best I have experienced on a bike.. the pic’s will tell that story. After dodging a suicidal baboon (with baby on her back) and surviving that heart attack of something leaping out of the bushes onto the road while doing 90km/h and braking hard… we arrived in Groot Marico … like everyone said on the forum….that place is dead on a Sunday….we managed to find the only open place to eat, the BJ’s on the N2 Highway…had some lunch and headed home on the highway.

Bla,fun and Zonkel soon disappeared into the distance as Me, Journeyman and Dion stuck to more or less 130-140km/h, just before Rustenburg, we found mr and mrs funacide waiting for us, and joined us where we met up with the rest of the jaagduiwels looking for a place to get off the higway to get to the upperdeck for some cold refreshment.

The upperdeck was packed, and not an open table was in sight. So we decided to head our separate ways.

Thanx to all who attended, Bla bla for the route and a realy enjoyable ride.