Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Gouws Traffic Ghost squad car at it again  (Read 5026 times)

Offline Garfield

• Deleted Users
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
Re: Gouws Traffic Ghost squad car at it again
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2014, 01:48:07 pm »
Go to the papers. If there is one of you that has been harassed there are thousands. A shit storm will brew and the problem will get solved.  :deal:

What will your story be?

"I broke the law, got caught and now I'm pissed at the cop for doing his job"  ???

No!

I said "Go to the papers. If there is one of you that has been HARASSED there are thousands. A shit storm will brew and the problem will get solved."

Operative word.

I Think you have no recourse if you are the one that has broken the law.

So being pulled over for not having number plates is now harassment?

Never knew that.

Offline Operator

• is a Forum Vendor and a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Official Vendor
    • Vendor
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2014, 01:49:37 pm »
The question is whether this cop have the right to tear up a license disk ?

Offline Sparky

• a darkside
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2014, 01:51:12 pm »

From here:

http://www.iol.co.za/motoring/industry-news/put-on-your-number-plate-or-walk-1.1584338#.UxhbmYU2d3U

Provincial traffic chief Kenny Africa said on Sunday that any car on the road without number plates, either on the front, rear or both ends of the vehicle, would be “immediately discontinued”.

That would mean the car’s licence disc would be confiscated and the owner would be forced to complete a scheduled roadworthy test at one of the department’s centres before the car could be legally driven again.

"Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Offline Garfield

• Deleted Users
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2014, 01:58:57 pm »

True, but if the vehicle was fully roadworthy and legal to begin with this would not have happened.

Not saying the cop was right in tearing up the disk, do not know the laws around that.

And maybe the cop was being an idiot, maybe not, we only have one side of the story to go on.

Offline badseed

• Ride the adventure
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • KTM 990S, KTM690R , Vespa 200GT
    • www.wildwood.capetown
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2014, 02:05:05 pm »
I take my chances with a smaller license plate as well as unlawfull shit like speeding , crossing solid lines , illegal parking and the odd wheely ( usually pathetic attempts) and I'm ok with being copped for my shit. But guys like Gouws ( read Po..) have such a kak attitude when they pull you off. Doing his job is ok and if more of his mates do their jobs the roads would be a better place , but why the attitude . It's not like I slighted him personally .
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 02:12:41 pm by badseed »
Owner WildWood Motorcycle Tours South Africa

Offline MartV

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2014, 02:09:16 pm »

True, but if the vehicle was fully roadworthy and legal to begin with this would not have happened.

Not saying the cop was right in tearing up the disk, do not know the laws around that.

And maybe the cop was being an idiot, maybe not, we only have one side of the story to go on.

+1 don't need the sh&t in my life
KTM 990 07
Husaburg 12
Have been
Husky 450 06
Husky 450 04 Cr 250 98 WR 250 93 IT 250 82 Happiest when on two wheels

Offline RobC

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2014, 04:23:03 pm »
Most bikes don't have the red SABS rear reflector,also required by law

Mine has two!  :sip:

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2014, 04:40:59 pm »

You are wrong. Failure to display a number plate on a bike does not make the bike un- roadworthy.

It does indeed.
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline JC

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2014, 07:18:22 pm »
I had to go to Century City today. Must say I did keep my eyes open for a white GTI.

and I have a numberplate, but LED indicators (that passed roadworthy)

Offline jeff

• Bike: BMW (all models)
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2014, 09:05:21 pm »
Nobody is getting to my licence disc , you need an allen key , and then you need to remove 6x screws . F%$k them :biggrin:
"Love the life you live. Live the life you love"

Bob Marley

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2014, 08:35:28 am »
Nobody is getting to my licence disc , you need an allen key , and then you need to remove 6x screws . F%$k them :biggrin:

I have a colour copy, tear it up and I make another copy.  :biggrin:

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2014, 10:10:20 am »
There use to be this traffic cop in Stellenbosch, Guy, do not remember his surname. This guy would give you a fine and you'll walk away happy.

Friendly, courteous, but firm.

What an unpleasant experience to meet up with a cop on a power trip. Like a very short mini-abduction, in which you have no voice.

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2014, 03:40:51 pm »
Guys I am all for the anti e-toll thing and whatnot, but you should listen to yourselves.

You're the same guys who complain about the state of lawlessness in this country, high crime rate, the terrible taxis, the power freaks in their 4x4's, the road rage twatwaffles etc. ::)

Now put yourself in Chief inspector's Gouw's position. He is equally gatvol with the same things I mentioned and really wants to see people having some respect for the law as you do but the difference is he keeps meeting arrogant bikers giving him self-righteous lip about stolen number plates, e-toll etc. etc. all the INVALID reasons you can think of why you should break the law. Bet you he has been vloeked at many times too. So of course he will have a chip on the shoulder. Imagine doing that job for 10 years or whatever. How could anyone not need a little bit pissed off?

I bet you his car is roadworthy, and he probably drives at the speed limit as well, stops at the 4-way stops etc. I think that gives every right a right to be the moer in with you clever guys who break the law.

Now I am also a guy who rides around without plates, but I also accept if I am busted I must take the the good with the bad.

It like being busted for smoking at school in the old days. You take your 6 of the best and that is that.

Complaining about bad treatment, and losing your disc? Come on guys. You can't have your cake and eat it.
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline Ortos

• Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
  • "Ride to Ride another day"
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2014, 04:25:50 pm »
No. 1 - I don't have the disc on the bike its in my wallet - they get stolen at work
No. 2 - Faark.....SCAMRAL, and all the E-Troll`s - my plate reads "Fok EToll"
No. 3 - I've been riding with it for years and will for many more
- Some people are like clouds, once they fuck-off it turns into a
  beautiful day!

Offline JC

« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2014, 08:21:40 pm »

It like being busted for smoking at school in the old days. You take your 6 of the best and that is that.

That is what everyone wants. Just give the punishment and drop the attitude.

If his job stresses him out I suggest a career change.

Online Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Kraaifontein Plugspanner!
    • Music Ramblings by a serial hobbyist
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2014, 12:13:15 am »

That is what everyone wants. Just give the punishment and drop the attitude.

If his job stresses him out I suggest a career change.

Ja - like an internal IT auditor

:bluduh:

02/02/12 - RIP Glen - the Arrow of Elliot and the little man with the big heart that truly was larger than life.

You have touched us and left us better for having known you - even if it was only briefly.

For grabbing the moment and living the day It's been way too early that you were taken away

Offline Heddles

• Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2014, 07:21:45 am »
Must say, I have either been very lucky or am a very obedient rider..  I have been stopped maybe five times in the 23 years I have been in Cape Town. Yes, twice has been for wheelies.. Of which one, a two ish kilometer wheelie, I was simply fined for neglecting to keep both wheels on the ground and the other, it started to rain and the oke didn't like the big cold drops on his bald pip, so wrote my reg number down on the back of his pad with the make of the bike and left me to rekit in the rain..

I have never got FOS with cops.. They have a job to do and yes.. It's a kak job but it has to be done. Reality is that it is a bunch of shite which has been brought into being, because of the progress of technology but the people who operate these devices are of differing discipline. To add to the shambles, we have a huge growth in the number of people who are out there operating these machines.. 

SA will never be Oz or Europe in a million years so don't even compare it. The pride in our people is just different. But in among the officers of the law are those who believe they can change everything and they are probably sick of being tarred with the same brush that the corrupt ones are. If Gouws gets taken out by someone, be it through any possible variety of circumstance, there will just be another to follow in his footsteps.. Who remembers the old codger who shot the oke at Newlands..? Well he is an office jockey now..
So yes, We are all rebels in our own right and I don't agree with the way that a lot of things happen around us but you will never change them. Just put your indicator on and drive around trouble.. It will save you a lot of stress and blood pressure problems..

Then just while you are browsing through this.. Take a look at this article.. I believe just a sign of the times.. 50 years ago, a clever man was one in a thousand.. One in a thousand is a lot of clever men in today's society..

« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 07:24:12 am by Heddles »