After market (foam) air pre-filter fitment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinto

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 800 XC
I have a question that needs clarity please...I read some time ago on the forum about the Tiger's 800 XC after-market pre-filter for the air filter made of foam, collects the dust before it gets to the air filter, washable and easy enough to install etc, etc.

I though that is a great idea, I haven't purchased one yet so I don't know how to install it but I have ordered one from the agents (about the same price as other suppliers) and though that I'd just install it but was asked by the agent if I want to book the bike in to have it fitted as the tank needs to be removed...WTF are they talking about?? And thus my question, does the tank have to be removed to install the pre-filter as the pictures that I have seen on the web, the filter fits into place at the base of the tank by the air intake under the seat, easy in, easy out...or does the tank actually have to be removed or is the agent trying to pullone on me?

If the tank does have to be removed it kind of defeats the object of easy access to clean and replace. I could be wrong thus i would appreciate you comments.

Thanks in advance,