Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: BMW NORTHSIDE MOTORCYCLES What an Insult  (Read 31088 times)

Offline Whyme

• Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
BMW NORTHSIDE MOTORCYCLES What an Insult
« on: March 10, 2014, 08:49:45 am »
Hi Guys

I am not writing this to establish how many people have had good or bad service from Northside Motorcyles in Fourways, I am only relating my experience.

Early Saturday morning I decide to pay them a visit with my 2 year old daughter as I wanted some parts which BMW Centurion didn't have and also to take a look at new GSA.

So I waked into the dealership and decide to grab a glass of water and out of the blue a gentleman(dont think hes salesman, manager/owner maybe) appeared while I was pouring myself a glass of water and he immediately said the following:

Sir from Dealership: "How can I help you"
Me: "How are you sir"
Me: "How are you sir"
Me: "How are you sir, Sir I am greeting you?"

Now what came next caught me by absolute surprise and I felt greatly offended, at which point my heart rate shot up and my calm thinking ability was lost.

Sir from Dealership: "Listen!, the food is only for customers"  He was referring to the muffins and other stuff which was on the table, I was not even thinking of having any of his precious food, but only wanted a glass of water as I was very thirsty.

Me: "How am I going to deal with this now!" was my initial response
Sir from Dealership: "THIS STUFF IS ONLY FOR CUSTOMERS" He shouted at me
Me: "DO YOU THINK I CAN DRIVE MY CAR ALL THE WAY TO YOUR DEALERSHIP JUST TO HAVE FREE MUFFIN!" I completely lost it at this point
Me: "NO YOU MAY NOT HELP ME, I CAME IN HERE GREETED YOU SEVERAL TIMES, TO WHICH YOU DID NOT RESPOND?"

To cut long story short, after much swearing, I eventually walked out of the dealership, without buying parts I had came for. But I was really angered by the treatment I had received. Maybe the gentleman from dealership judged me on my looks I don't know, I would understand maybe if I had indulge myself on his food, maybe he could have had the right to treat me like a dog!

What I would like to know, apart from Hello Peter where can I complain about the gentleman at this dealership.

Thanks

2010 BMW 1200GSA Anniversary - Sold
2007 BMW G650 X Challenge

Online AntonDP

• Bike: Kawasaki Versys
Re: BMW NORTHSIDE MOTORCYCLES What an Insult
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 08:51:35 am »
Name and shame.  Did you get his name?

Offline BFG

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Ride- crash-fix-repeat
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 08:55:01 am »
That's unacceptable. Take it up with the dealer principle, if it wasn't him.

Offline Hinksding

• is beslaan met ligte hoefysters
  • Bike: Honda XR125L
  • Die aai van Loeriesbaai
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 08:59:14 am »
Sjoe! A few year back I bought my bike second hand, but the bike was parked at Northside, cause me and the seller was not trusting each other. Northside helped me in various ways that day, which I had much appreciation for.

Sad to read something like this.
Take it up with the principal and sort it out.
Eet vleis! 'n 1 000 000 jakkalse kan nie verkeerd wees nie.

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 09:02:51 am »
Not like them, always been very good with me???
A founding member of the Witwatersrand Anchor Society.

Offline Lem

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 09:03:07 am »
seems as though you were talking to a robot or an alien of some sorts

what happened to just greeting someone "Good morning, sir, how may I help/assist you?"

Faith is not knowing what the future holds, it's knowing who holds the future

Offline BOER!

• is 'n GS neersletterende
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • What's Updog?
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 09:04:59 am »
It's a sad situation that a BMW dealer gets judged on somebody with a lack of manners on the floor

I agree, name and shame the person.  Surely, there should have been eye witnesses from the dealership that could have stepped in.
My hart kom affie plaas, Waar die Wind en die Son en die Stilte my speelmaats was.

Everybody falls off. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't.

Offline ETS

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Adventure S
  • Die Punda van Prieska
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 09:10:57 am »
Faaaark someone had an off day!!!
If i had to explain you would not understand anyway......

Offline Whyme

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 09:15:14 am »
It's a sad situation that a BMW dealer gets judged on somebody with a lack of manners on the floor

I agree, name and shame the person.  Surely, there should have been eye witnesses from the dealership that could have stepped in.

Lots of witnesses but I doubt any of the stuff members would ever side with me. The lady who came to diffuse the situation told me to either lower my voice or get out! which is when I left.

Unfortunately I did not get his name, I suspect he might be the dealer principal. I suspect he judged me based on my looks and fact that I look young-ish and came to conclusion that there is no way I would be a potential customer. Maybe should have had on my forehead written, "I am a previous owner of 1200 GSA Anniversary Model"

Assuming he might be dealer principal is there any other way I can report him, do I just call and ask for dealer principal?

Offline Hinksding

• is beslaan met ligte hoefysters
  • Bike: Honda XR125L
  • Die aai van Loeriesbaai
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 09:21:08 am »
Of BMW muffins is baie duur!
Eet vleis! 'n 1 000 000 jakkalse kan nie verkeerd wees nie.

Offline Operator

• is a Forum Vendor and a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Official Vendor
    • Vendor
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 09:25:47 am »
Of BMW muffins is baie duur!

..............en dit laat mens gal braak. !!!

Offline Grrrr....

• ...eats seeds as a pastime activity.
  • Forum Whore
  • Wanneer vat ons vog?
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 09:30:04 am »
Ah, good old BMW....

Nothing new. Month or so I was in the market for a new car. Had my heart set on a Subaru Forester and as it so happened one was advertised at SMG Canal Walk.

Arrived on the plaasbike on one of those 39 degree days sweating like a pig, not looking my best. I could tell they were not taking me serious as I looked over the car. Not that I minded really as the car was a absolute DOG! It had KwaZulu Natal plates on and was blinged out with all sorts of k@k inside but the car was dropped which spoiled the whole ride ability, the one thing those cars are famous for. Didn't need two guesses who the previous owner was....

At least they offered me some water, so they weren't all bad....  ;)

But ja, judging a book by it's cover.... I have been guilty of that myself....

Offline BOER!

• is 'n GS neersletterende
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • What's Updog?
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 09:33:07 am »

Lots of witnesses but I doubt any of the stuff members would ever side with me. The lady who came to diffuse the situation told me to either lower my voice or get out! which is when I left.

Unfortunately I did not get his name, I suspect he might be the dealer principal. I suspect he judged me based on my looks and fact that I look young-ish and came to conclusion that there is no way I would be a potential customer. Maybe should have had on my forehead written, "I am a previous owner of 1200 GSA Anniversary Model"

Assuming he might be dealer principal is there any other way I can report him, do I just call and ask for dealer principal?

Second time you mentioned your looks, that should be irrelevant anyway. Plus I think you said you had your two year old daughter with you.

I think I would have stayed calm under any severe accusation of eating anybody's muffin, but with my kid around even more so.

Hope you get this sorted.

My point was, somebody insulted you based on whatever reason.  It shouldn't reflect on BMW dealer.... unless it was the dealer principle.
My hart kom affie plaas, Waar die Wind en die Son en die Stilte my speelmaats was.

Everybody falls off. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't.

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2014, 09:35:57 am »
Klink of iemand 'n houding probleem het. Ek probeer nog uit figure wie  :pot:
Current: KTM 690R
Previous: KTM 790ADV, 640ADV, 950ADV, 250XCW BMW F650GS Single, F650GS Twin, F800GS, G450X, R50/2 Honda CRF450X, CRF230 x 2, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail Yamaha BWS100 x 2, LB80 Chappy

Offline Whyme

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2014, 09:44:23 am »

Second time you mentioned your looks, that should be irrelevant anyway. Plus I think you said you had your two year old daughter with you.

I think I would have stayed calm under any severe accusation of eating anybody's muffin, but with my kid around even more so.

My point was, somebody insulted you based on whatever reason.  It shouldn't reflect on BMW dealer.... unless it was the dealer principle.

Yes I agree with you, I should have remained calm, that I regret as I could have taught the gentleman a very good lesson in mannerism. I promised myself never to loose my barrings in situations like this again but instead dish out a very sober lesson. To be honest I completely forgot I was carrying my daughter, thats how angry I was and yes I accept its not acceptable behavior.

Offline Whyme

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2014, 09:46:22 am »
Klink of iemand 'n houding probleem het. Ek probeer nog uit figure wie  :pot:

Wish I had recorded conversation to make it easy for you.

Online AntonDP

• Bike: Kawasaki Versys
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2014, 09:48:08 am »
Then this decision is easy.  Enjoy your muffins at BMW Centurion.

Offline Takashi

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2014, 09:51:18 am »
I would also have taken my business elsewhere.

I've always had good service from BMW Bavaria, even when I was young snot neus riding a old semi farked Funduro.

Offline cocky

• Ryyyyyy net ASFB.
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2014, 09:53:02 am »

Sorry Boer, stem nie saam nie ............ this does reflect on the dealership, this person was employed by the dealership and should have been trained. No matter what, in a sales enviroment like this, the customer is not always right, BUT he is the customer. That kind of arrogance is what kills brands, it is becoming all to evident and common place in SA. We just accept it and walk away, I for one will not accept that behaviour. I will loose my cool, sorry just me, but I am a customer wanting to spend money ...... none of this BS story of walk away spend else where. This ass hole will just continue to destroy the image of the dealership.
Just because your past did not turn out like you wanted it to does not mean your marriage will not be better than you ever imagined it could be.
Die Kaapse Hoender!

Offline BFG

• Ride- crash-fix-repeat
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2014, 09:58:22 am »
I agree with Cocky, in an industry where customer service is almost as important as the product they sell, especially for the dealer's continued existence, the the guy's attitude was inexcusable no matter how you were dressed or what you looked like. First and foremost, IMHO, is to take it up with the boss man of the dealership. Maybe they'll offer you a free muffin and glass of water.