Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: BMW NORTHSIDE MOTORCYCLES What an Insult  (Read 32590 times)

Offline immigrant

Re: BMW NORTHSIDE MOTORCYCLES What an Insult
« Reply #180 on: March 13, 2014, 03:56:22 am »
If the events portrayed are true and you didn't stash some muffins in your pocket, then it does surprise me - I've been dealing with Northside for many years and on many occasions with all of the floor staff - never had anything less than good service and interactions. I can add that the ol'man who doesn't really work there but shows up from time to time does have a bit of a different approach to the regular staff. Steve in the workshop is the man and the prime reason I keep going back.

And that is great, but the point made is that it seems if you are young, black and is dressed simply - you are treated differently.  And that dear friends is the point of this thread.

Northside have sold Bikes to many black clients - I was there the day a brand new 1000RR was being collected - no hint of racism any of the conversations. Generalisation is inappropriate.

Maybe he did not help himself to a glass of water before the purchase, else things could have turned out differently
Yamaha Super Tenere, Yamaha FZ8, Yamaha Grizzly, Yamaha Viking, Honda CRF250L

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • We need a strong man. Strong like Stalin
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #181 on: March 13, 2014, 06:13:47 am »
If the events portrayed are true and you didn't stash some muffins in your pocket, then it does surprise me - I've been dealing with Northside for many years and on many occasions with all of the floor staff - never had anything less than good service and interactions. I can add that the ol'man who doesn't really work there but shows up from time to time does have a bit of a different approach to the regular staff. Steve in the workshop is the man and the prime reason I keep going back.

And that is great, but the point made is that it seems if you are young, black and is dressed simply - you are treated differently.  And that dear friends is the point of this thread.

how u know he is young or even dressed simply?

:pot:

Called reading what was said, before posting. You must try it ;D

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #182 on: March 13, 2014, 07:00:16 am »
I see the core of the problem here, it lies is the fact that Whyme went to :grab" a glass of water. Now this "grab" thing makes people nervous, with even Malema advocating all
sorts of "grabbing" practices, even up to farmland!!
This BMW guy was just protecting the dealership from a "grab".

PLease note that this is meant as a joke, and not to piss people off. [new 2StrokeDan disclaimer and detente/diplomacy policy]

Offline Bensien

« Reply #183 on: March 13, 2014, 07:48:59 am »
Im not saying that BMW dealerships pre judge potential customers, but in 2008 I tried on two occasions to buy a GSA and both times they just assumed that I was a time waster.
Why do things that only happen to stupid people always happen to me?

Offline Sithe

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • gewig versplasing
« Reply #184 on: March 13, 2014, 08:21:29 am »
Some sales people thing they have the ability to tell who is gonna buy and who is wasting time

I was actually told once by a KTM dealer principal ... he said he has been in the business so long he can tell real buyers from time wasters ....

I believe in the old theory ... treat a potential customer like he is not gonna buy and he won't buy

I operate at a level supreme to the devil

Offline White Rhino

• Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • Save the White Rhino
« Reply #185 on: March 13, 2014, 08:24:58 am »
Some sales people thing they have the ability to tell who is gonna buy and who is wasting time

I was actually told once by a KTM dealer principal ... he said he has been in the business so long he can tell real buyers from time wasters ....

I believe in the old theory ... treat a potential customer like he is not gonna buy and he won't buy

Too true .... :thumleft:
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy
Nothing clears the head like a throttle twisted and the fresh air on the tip of the nose

Beta 300RR, WR450 Rallye, KTM990 Adv, HP2, HPN635, 1200GS LC

Offline pieman

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #186 on: March 13, 2014, 08:27:21 am »

That's why I'm not riding a KTM.  KTM treated me like crap, so I bought my GS (great service from ANOTHER dealership).

Offline KaTooMatt

« Reply #187 on: March 13, 2014, 08:58:25 am »

That's why I'm not riding a KTM.  KTM treated me like crap, so I bought my GS (great service from ANOTHER dealership).

And that's why I ride a KTM.  Northside could not understand that I wanted a 800GS.took three visits and more phone calls to get a test ride. By the time this had happened a mate had loaned me his KTM and I was hooked. They treated me like a time waster purely because when I first went in in January I was honest and said I would be buying come March. Finally got to test ride a bike in May - after eventually talking to (I suspect) the same owner. It did not come close to the KTM so next day bought a KTM.
"These are not machines for the meek. Ride it like you stole it, cane it within an inch of its life. It will require a bunch of maintenance and generally tend to be, shall we say, harsh? It was bred for racing, after all. It will devour rear tires and its lust for fuel will astound you. It will suffer indifference and carelessness very poorly. Like heroin and Asian girls, it's not for everybody, but when you absolutely, positively, GOTS to beat every m*****f****** in the race, accept no substitu

Offline ETS

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Adventure S
  • Die Punda van Prieska
« Reply #188 on: March 13, 2014, 09:34:34 am »

And that's why I ride a KTM.  Northside could not understand that I wanted a 800GS.took three visits and more phone calls to get a test ride. By the time this had happened a mate had loaned me his KTM and I was hooked. They treated me like a time waster purely because when I first went in in January I was honest and said I would be buying come March. Finally got to test ride a bike in May - after eventually talking to (I suspect) the same owner. It did not come close to the KTM so next day bought a KTM.

Even if a KTM dealer treats me like shit i will never buy anything else.
If i had to explain you would not understand anyway......

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #189 on: March 13, 2014, 09:40:36 am »
Hierdie hele storie kan baie erger gewees het. Jy kon actually diens gekry het en dan was jy stuck met 'n BMW  :pot: :peepwall:
Current: KTM 690R
Previous: KTM 790ADV, 640ADV, 950ADV, 250XCW BMW F650GS Single, F650GS Twin, F800GS, G450X, R50/2 Honda CRF450X, CRF230 x 2, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail Yamaha BWS100 x 2, LB80 Chappy

Offline BFG

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Ride- crash-fix-repeat
« Reply #190 on: March 13, 2014, 09:45:13 am »

So Northside did you a massive favor ;)

Offline Buddy

« Reply #191 on: March 13, 2014, 09:59:53 am »
That's nothing, I got so upset with a dealer that I went back and bought a bike from them just to upset them!

Now how's that for one-upmanship on the KTM/BMW debate  :peepwall:  :pot:
The Townkraaier of Kraaifontein

Offline Vlakhaas

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #192 on: March 13, 2014, 10:04:14 am »
Hierdie hele storie kan baie erger gewees het. Jy kon actually diens gekry het en dan was jy stuck met 'n BMW  :pot: :peepwall:

:laughing4:  :imaposer:

Offline Goose

• NAPIER Country life is great!
  • Shop Mods
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #193 on: March 13, 2014, 10:04:24 am »
at the end of the day ........ any product/brand/make is only as good as the service and backup it receives from the supplier/dealer....... no matter whether it's BMW, KTM, YAMAHA etc. etc.

if you like/love/tolerate a brand......... find another dealer that suits your needs.

dealerships must seriously invest in their staff's customer relations....... as mentioned in another post - you need to buy from someone that knows their product, loves their product and will have your best interest at heart........ effectively building a relationship that will stick - not just for the one sale, but for any future dealings......... the true art of being a salesman is lost on many!
"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ()

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
« Reply #194 on: March 13, 2014, 10:12:54 am »

Ha ha, ja die suurknolle het mos nou vir Whyme n guns gedoen....... :peepwall:

Offline Pote

« Reply #195 on: March 13, 2014, 12:13:20 pm »
ek gaan nou oorstap na Yamaha Helderberg en kyk of hulle ook muffins aanhou

Offline Operator

• is a Forum Vendor and a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Official Vendor
    • Vendor
« Reply #196 on: March 13, 2014, 12:15:19 pm »

Hulle gee goeie eerlike diens en hou hulle nie op met stront soos muffins en botteltjies water nie............  :spitcoffee:

Offline KaTooMatt

« Reply #197 on: March 13, 2014, 12:33:38 pm »

So Northside did you a massive favor ;)

Today I know this. Then I was pretty clueless. I thank Northside for the save but it can't help their bottom line much
"These are not machines for the meek. Ride it like you stole it, cane it within an inch of its life. It will require a bunch of maintenance and generally tend to be, shall we say, harsh? It was bred for racing, after all. It will devour rear tires and its lust for fuel will astound you. It will suffer indifference and carelessness very poorly. Like heroin and Asian girls, it's not for everybody, but when you absolutely, positively, GOTS to beat every m*****f****** in the race, accept no substitu

Offline Tiger8

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
« Reply #198 on: March 13, 2014, 05:50:12 pm »
sadly I had exactly the same experience with this dealer late last year when i was in the market for a new Bmw. The salesman i dealt with did not have the time of day for me, in fact, I got the distinct impression I was ruining his afternoon by being there. I must have lasted about 5 minutes in the shop, left, drove a couple of k's up the road to clearwater, where I was greeted by a very friendly salesman by the name of Anton, had a great cup of coffee and a rusk, chatted about the options, bought a new bike from him  that afternoon, and had it delivered 2 days later, never looked back. Unfortunately, the closest dealer to my house in broadacres is this particular dealer, but I refuse to deal with them. My bike has had its first service done, and about 50k worth of bmw accessories fitted, clearwater fetch the bike from my house, deliver it later in the afternoon free of charge, with all the required work done, no hassle. I think dealers should employ people on the floor that have a distinct interest in biking. I ride purely on a social level, I do not commute on my bike, therefor it is not a necessity in my life, but it is a love of mine, I have ridden bikes since I can remember. When I go into a show room to buy a new bike, I expect the sales person to have an interest, as I am there because I have a love for motorcycles, and I am about to spend a lot of money satisfying my love. The least you could do, is great a person imho, SHOCKING.

Guido, Anton is a fellow Wild Dog ; Travel Ant; and VERY passionate about biking and a great guy and proper gentleman to boot. I met him when he was in PE for awhile. His idea of service is excellent.
Don't Sweat the Petty Stuff & Don't Pet the Sweaty Stuff!
Triumph Sprint 1050ST
Yamaha WR450F

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
« Reply #199 on: March 13, 2014, 06:11:55 pm »

YAMAHA is n bike shop.

BMW is n tuisnywerheid. Amper soos "Het deegmeisje"