Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: BMW NORTHSIDE MOTORCYCLES What an Insult  (Read 30936 times)

Offline BOER!

• is 'n GS neersletterende
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • What's Updog?
Re: BMW NORTHSIDE MOTORCYCLES What an Insult
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2014, 09:58:45 am »
It's a sad situation that a BMW dealer gets judged on somebody with a lack of manners on the floor

I agree, name and shame the person.  Surely, there should have been eye witnesses from the dealership that could have stepped in.

Lots of witnesses but I doubt any of the stuff members would ever side with me. The lady who came to diffuse the situation told me to either lower my voice or get out! which is when I left.

Unfortunately I did not get his name, I suspect he might be the dealer principal. I suspect he judged me based on my looks and fact that I look young-ish and came to conclusion that there is no way I would be a potential customer. Maybe should have had on my forehead written, "I am a previous owner of 1200 GSA Anniversary Model"

Assuming he might be dealer principal is there any other way I can report him, do I just call and ask for dealer principal?

Second time you mentioned your looks, that should be irrelevant anyway. Plus I think you said you had your two year old daughter with you.

I think I would have stayed calm under any severe accusation of eating anybody's muffin, but with my kid around even more so.

Hope you get this sorted.

My point was, somebody insulted you based on whatever reason.  It shouldn't reflect on BMW dealer.... unless it was the dealer principle.
Sorry Boer, stem nie saam nie ............ this does reflect on the dealership, this person was employed by the dealership and should have been trained. No matter what, in a sales enviroment like this, the customer is not always right, BUT he is the customer. That kind of arrogance is what kills brands, it is becoming all to evident and common place in SA. We just accept it and walk away, I for one will not accept that behaviour. I will loose my cool, sorry just me, but I am a customer wanting to spend money ...... none of this BS story of walk away spend else where. This ass hole will just continue to destroy the image of the dealership.

I was thinking more along the lines of some third party holding  a promotion and having muffins there.  Like the caterer maybe.

My hart kom affie plaas, Waar die Wind en die Son en die Stilte my speelmaats was.

Everybody falls off. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't.

Offline Goose

• NAPIER Country life is great!
  • Shop Mods
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2014, 10:44:48 am »
send them the link here and let's get their side of the story?

stacey.bond@bmwdealer.co.za

"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ‹(•¿•)›

Offline hayleyscomet

• Always Keen to Ride
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2014, 11:12:07 am »

SOunds like YOU acted like a TWAT in front of your kid bud

From YOUR First words as you admitted

Offline Whyme

• Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2014, 11:14:42 am »
send them the link here and let's get their side of the story?

stacey.bond@bmwdealer.co.za

Hi Stacey

I am not sure if you remember me, but I came to your dealership on Saturday morning with my 2 year old daughter to buy parts and also to take a look at new GSA as I am previous owner of 12GSA anniversary model.

I remember you coming to diffuse the situation, when I was in heated argument with genlteman(not 100% sure of gentleman's name) but I have been made aware that his is part owner of the dealership, I apologize if it was not him I spoke to on Saturday.

Just to highlight again, what happened.

I came into your dealership and went to have a glass of water, at which point gentleman came and immediately asked if he can help me, I then greeted him 3 times saying "How are you Sir" on all 3 occasions he did not greet me back but insisted on how he can help me and then out of the blue without me even trying to eat any of the food/muffins on the table he told me "Listen here, the food is only for customers" to my shock, my immediate response to him was "How am I going to deal with his now" and I went on to ask him if I could get into my car and drive to dealership just to have a free muffin?"

Later on when I was in parts division where he followed me you came in, me thinking you are here to diffuse the situation and understand what had happened but you simply gave me an ultimatum that I either I lower my voice or leave, to which I immediately did, I left.

I had also asked him if he is the owner and told him that if he did not want me in his dealership he must tell me to leave but I will not accept his behavior towards me and his assistance.

I would also like to apologize for losing my temper especially as I was with my 2 year old daughter but I believe this wouldn't have happened had he not accused me of coming into dealership to have free muffins.

i have also posted on this forum of my experiences and also laid complaint on Hellopeter

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=146821.0

I look forward to your response.
2010 BMW 1200GSA Anniversary - Sold
2007 BMW G650 X Challenge

Offline Whyme

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2014, 11:15:30 am »

SOunds like YOU acted like a TWAT in front of your kid bud

From YOUR First words as you admitted

I accept that, can You find it in your heart to forgive me ;D I already apologized to my daughter and dealership for loosing my cool. Now I am extending my apology to you Sir.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 11:16:51 am by Whyme »

Offline hayleyscomet

• Always Keen to Ride
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2014, 11:19:47 am »

Ahhhhh GOOD man

Well done Bud

:thumleft:

Offline Gypsybaron

• My mind is like an eight lane highway - gridlocked!
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • Pick a direction, not a destination, and ride!
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2014, 11:50:13 am »
Dit was 2strokeDan wat bietjie kom stir het.......
“All education is self-education. A teacher is only a guide, to point out the way, and no school, no matter how excellent, can give you education. What you receive is like the outlines in a child’s coloring book. You must fill in the colors yourself.” Louis L'Amour - The lonesome gods

"It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, it's what you leave behind you when you go." Randy Travis - Three Wooden Crosses

Offline Garfield

• Deleted Users
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2014, 12:14:18 pm »

Me: "How are you sir"

Me: "How are you sir, Sir I am greeting you?"

You were being a chop here...

It is not as if you really care how the person is.

Then based upon the person's reaction it seems you were being rude and loud and they decided it better to get you out of there.

Once again I think we are only privy to one side of the story, as is Helloandfuckyoupeter...

Offline Hooli

• Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • --My faith is in GOD--
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2014, 12:14:49 pm »
It's a sad situation that a BMW dealer gets judged on somebody with a lack of manners on the floor

I agree, name and shame the person.  Surely, there should have been eye witnesses from the dealership that could have stepped in.

Lots of witnesses but I doubt any of the stuff members would ever side with me. The lady who came to diffuse the situation told me to either lower my voice or get out! which is when I left.

Unfortunately I did not get his name, I suspect he might be the dealer principal. I suspect he judged me based on my looks and fact that I look young-ish and came to conclusion that there is no way I would be a potential customer. Maybe should have had on my forehead written, "I am a previous owner of 1200 GSA Anniversary Model"

Assuming he might be dealer principal is there any other way I can report him, do I just call and ask for dealer principal?

Second time you mentioned your looks, that should be irrelevant anyway. Plus I think you said you had your two year old daughter with you.

I think I would have stayed calm under any severe accusation of eating anybody's muffin, but with my kid around even more so.

Hope you get this sorted.

My point was, somebody insulted you based on whatever reason.  It shouldn't reflect on BMW dealer.... unless it was the dealer principle.
Sorry Boer, stem nie saam nie ............ this does reflect on the dealership, this person was employed by the dealership and should have been trained. No matter what, in a sales enviroment like this, the customer is not always right, BUT he is the customer. That kind of arrogance is what kills brands, it is becoming all to evident and common place in SA. We just accept it and walk away, I for one will not accept that behaviour. I will loose my cool, sorry just me, but I am a customer wanting to spend money ...... none of this BS story of walk away spend else where. This ass hole will just continue to destroy the image of the dealership.
Agree with Cocky: Take it up with D/Principal and if he was the DP , then take it up with BMW SA, customer service department. Taking from his attitude he most likely is NOT the DP. If there is any signs saying that the drinks and food are only for customers , then he could have made the calculations and if not then free for anyone walking in there as well.
You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.                          
Bikes: Yamaha TZR250 2S / Katana 750 / CBR600 / CR250 / KTM200EXC / YZ250F / YZ250F '07 / KTM950 SE / Kymco TB100 Mod Scooter / KTM 990 / KTM 200XCW / KTM690E / Husaberg TE300 Current: KTM690 R / Husqvarna FE350.

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2014, 12:19:32 pm »

Then based upon the person's reaction it seems you were being rude and loud and they decided it better to get you out of there.

Once again I think we are only privy to one side of the story, as is Helloandfuckyoupeter...

Eks nogal geneig om saam te stem. Verwys na my eerste comment  ;)

EDIT: En die feit dat hy heeltyd probeer terug verwys na die feit dat hy wel 'n GSA besit het help nie die saak nie
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 12:20:43 pm by Dwerg »
Current: KTM 690R
Previous: KTM 790ADV, 640ADV, 950ADV, 250XCW BMW F650GS Single, F650GS Twin, F800GS, G450X, R50/2 Honda CRF450X, CRF230 x 2, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail Yamaha BWS100 x 2, LB80 Chappy

Offline Pote

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2014, 12:24:41 pm »
wie hardloop nog na hello peter toe  ??? sorteer jou probleem uit met die betrokke persoon / instansie indien jy voel jy was sleg behandel hellofokkenpeterisnpotkak

Offline Veldbrand

• Super Saaiber Slet
  • Vendors
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Hou die blink kant in!
    • Koedoeskloof Country Lodge
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2014, 12:28:04 pm »
I wonder why you chose Whyme as your handle... :patch:
By the sound of it you went there to find someone who would greet you rather than get some parts and then no-one did.
Too bad they didn't get it but you could have gone anywhere for that. :biggrin:.
The parts dept at Northside is with Steve and not in the showroom.
And he doesn't have muffins laying around, only nasty invoices.
Speak to Steve and find out who the person was you spoke to and confront him to his face.
We're only getting one side of the story anyway.

Co-ordinates: S33 30.300 E21 10.258  http://www.koedoeskloof.co.za/  facebook - Koedoeskloof Country Lodge, Dwarsrivier, Ladismith, WC
Life is like hitch hiking, just when you think you're not going to get a lift, you don't.

Offline Eddy81

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2014, 12:50:13 pm »
Was the person by Northside an older or young guy?  I would like to know who this was for interest sake...

Offline Whyme

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2014, 12:52:06 pm »

You are 100% correct as you were there ;)
Again you are 100% correct, I have only stated my side here, if the dealership wishes to express their opinions here they will. I posted because I was offended as to why I am told food is for customers when I was not even indulging myself on the food. I am also not labeling the entire dealership but only person whom I had experience with.

You are of course entitled to your opinion which is why I am not going to disagree with you ;D

Offline Whyme

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2014, 12:54:33 pm »
Was the person by Northside an older or young guy?  I would like to know who this was for interest sake...

Older guy, I called this morning and they gave me the name. Unfortunately I cannot post his name here as I am not 100% sure it is him, I just described what he was wearing and they told me. If it is him, he is part owner as I have been told.

Offline Buddy

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2014, 02:16:31 pm »
I wonder how many of those muffins get thrown away at the end of the day (or given to the staff), if they are guarded so jealously by a senior manager  :lol8:
The Townkraaier of Kraaifontein

Offline ButchH

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Ми тебе тиснути
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2014, 02:27:05 pm »
 :deal:
GSA 1150
XL 250
GS 1200

Offline brettp

• Blue boss.....
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2014, 02:29:13 pm »
Remember.the customer is always right............ :thumleft:
He who dies with the most toys, wins !!!!!

Offline MARCAL

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2014, 02:35:06 pm »
BMW dealers gee my altyd so angstige gevoel, wil net daar in en dadelik  uit as besigheid klaar is.

Altyd een of twee fancy mannetjies en vroutjies wat op n leer bank sit en muffins kou en jou dop hou .  :peepwall:

Online ETS

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Adventure S
  • Die Punda van Prieska
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2014, 02:37:45 pm »
Remember.the customer is always right............ :thumleft:

D@@s is koning. Die klient is koning So!!!! Al is die klient n d@@s, hy bly KONING!!!!
If i had to explain you would not understand anyway......