Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: BMW NORTHSIDE MOTORCYCLES What an Insult  (Read 32610 times)

Offline Eddy81

Re: BMW NORTHSIDE MOTORCYCLES What an Insult
« Reply #160 on: March 12, 2014, 12:49:51 pm »
Atleast he came up to you and greeted you, not once but seven times! At Bavarian BMW you can shoot a flare gun and nobody even notices you and purposely avoids eye contact with customers and yet people support them and their bad customer service

Bavarian is so bad!!  But here is the problem,  bike sales have gone down worldwide.  Yet dealers give rotten service everywhere.  Linex yamaha, Honda Westrand, Suzuki toy store etc.  I've had multiple bad experiences with them all. 

I don't think it's brand specific at all.  Just dealers employing the wrong staff. 

Offline Alan

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #161 on: March 12, 2014, 12:53:32 pm »
In this case it IS the Dealer Principal, and NOT the staff..

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #162 on: March 12, 2014, 12:54:25 pm »
Atleast he came up to you and greeted you, not once but seven times! At Bavarian BMW you can shoot a flare gun and nobody even notices you and purposely avoids eye contact with customers and yet people support them and their bad customer service

Bavarian is so bad!!  But here is the problem,  bike sales have gone down worldwide.  Yet dealers give rotten service everywhere.  Linex yamaha, Honda Westrand, Suzuki toy store etc.  I've had multiple bad experiences with them all. 

I don't think it's brand specific at all.  Just dealers employing the wrong staff and not giving away their bran muffins in a friendly and generous manner to young fathers who want to buy their product.

Fixed  ::)
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701R  Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  Yamaha YZ250X BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Offline Pote

« Reply #163 on: March 12, 2014, 01:24:00 pm »
OK FOK tog ek het vir julle almal bran muffins gebak so almal nou hęppie... ;D

Offline Eddy81

« Reply #164 on: March 12, 2014, 01:26:30 pm »

Bavarian is so bad!!  But here is the problem,  bike sales have gone down worldwide.  Yet dealers give rotten service everywhere.  Linex yamaha, Honda Westrand, Suzuki toy store etc.  I've had multiple bad experiences with them all.  

I don't think it's brand specific at all.  Just dealers employing the wrong staff and not giving away their bran muffins in a friendly and generous manner to young fathers who want to buy their product.

Fixed  ::)

For sure! I never tried to justify the way Whyme was treated.  It was wrong.  I'm just stating that unfortunately this is not just a one dealer, one brand and a once off situation.  Just because it was one of the owners and not staff doesn't make it better or worse.  

For owners and dealers to employ staff that deal with clients badly is just as bad.  

« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 01:28:05 pm by Eddy81 »

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #165 on: March 12, 2014, 01:41:43 pm »

I don't think it's brand specific at all.  Just dealers employing the wrong staff. 

it is quite interesting to see that fewer new bikes as a percentage are now being registered than any other vehicle class - one would have expected the opposite considering an all time high petrol price

Offline LisaCap

• Be the change you want to see
« Reply #166 on: March 12, 2014, 01:53:57 pm »
Those percentages aren't a  surprise.

Even if you complain about bad service, do the dealerships take it seriously and just shrug it off like everything else in SA,? I would like to see or hear of apologetic responses from these dealerships and how they have rectified the situation.

Offline Beebop

• Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #167 on: March 12, 2014, 01:58:48 pm »

it is quite interesting to see that fewer new bikes as a percentage are now being registered than any other vehicle class - one would have expected the opposite considering an all time high petrol price

TCO of a bike is still too high, its still considered a luxury item.

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #168 on: March 12, 2014, 02:00:33 pm »

surely not the Chinese bike?

Offline Beebop

• Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #169 on: March 12, 2014, 02:03:05 pm »

I dont even see a lot of them on the streets.
The second hand market may be picking up again.

Offline Guido

« Reply #170 on: March 12, 2014, 02:17:10 pm »
sadly I had exactly the same experience with this dealer late last year when i was in the market for a new Bmw. The salesman i dealt with did not have the time of day for me, in fact, I got the distinct impression I was ruining his afternoon by being there. I must have lasted about 5 minutes in the shop, left, drove a couple of k's up the road to clearwater, where I was greeted by a very friendly salesman by the name of Anton, had a great cup of coffee and a rusk, chatted about the options, bought a new bike from him  that afternoon, and had it delivered 2 days later, never looked back. Unfortunately, the closest dealer to my house in broadacres is this particular dealer, but I refuse to deal with them. My bike has had its first service done, and about 50k worth of bmw accessories fitted, clearwater fetch the bike from my house, deliver it later in the afternoon free of charge, with all the required work done, no hassle. I think dealers should employ people on the floor that have a distinct interest in biking. I ride purely on a social level, I do not commute on my bike, therefor it is not a necessity in my life, but it is a love of mine, I have ridden bikes since I can remember. When I go into a show room to buy a new bike, I expect the sales person to have an interest, as I am there because I have a love for motorcycles, and I am about to spend a lot of money satisfying my love. The least you could do, is great a person imho, SHOCKING.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 02:24:42 pm by Guido »

Offline Lord Knormoer

• is nog 'n kinders :-)
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Wassie ekkie!
« Reply #171 on: March 12, 2014, 02:28:31 pm »

Most families still need a car so the bike is an additional cost.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #172 on: March 12, 2014, 02:29:42 pm »
sadly I had exactly the same experience with this dealer late last year when i was in the market for a new Bmw. The salesman i dealt with did not have the time of day for me, in fact, I got the distinct impression I was ruining his afternoon by being there. I must have lasted about 5 minutes in the shop, left, drove a couple of k's up the road to clearwater, where I was greeted by a very friendly salesman by the name of Anton, had a great cup of coffee and a rusk, chatted about the options, bought a new bike from him  that afternoon, and had it delivered 2 days later, never looked back. Unfortunately, the closest dealer to my house in broadacres is this particular dealer, but I refuse to deal with them. My bike has had its first service done, and about 50k worth of bmw accessories fitted, clearwater fetch the bike from my house, deliver it later in the afternoon free of charge, with all the required work done, no hassle. I think dealers should employ people on the floor that have a distinct interest in biking. I ride purely on a social level, I do not commute on my bike, therefor it is not a necessity in my life, but it is a love of mine, I have ridden bikes since I can remember. When I go into a show room to buy a new bike, I expect the sales person to have an interest, as I am there because I have a love for motorcycles, and I am about to spend a lot of money satisfying my love. The least you could do, is great a person imho, SHOCKING.

Exactly! And I would expect a motorcycle sales person to also have a love for motorcycles.

Offline TheBear

« Reply #173 on: March 12, 2014, 02:45:15 pm »

Bavarian is so bad!! 

Here is the problem.  In the vast majority of cases, the bad service is just perceived.  Eddy81 believes Bavarian is bad.  Most believe they walk on water.  Which is it, or is the really bad, or really good service purely a perceived expectation?

Exactly! And I would expect a motorcycle sales person to also have a love for motorcycles.

Agreed!  Which is why I have great respect for Bavarian Motorcycles.  Not only is their service excellent, but they all ride.  In fact, in the 2013 BikesSA 24-hour they ran two teams.  Sales Team and Workshop Team.  Ran 10th and 12th overall (if memory serves) and 1st and 2nd in class.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 02:47:58 pm by AMZ »
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Operator

• is a Forum Vendor and a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Official Vendor
    • Vendor
« Reply #174 on: March 12, 2014, 03:01:47 pm »
I want to give WhyMe a

I salute you for not making this a racial issue and being the gentleman and seeing the bigger picture  :thumleft:

Offline Garfield

• Deleted Users
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
« Reply #175 on: March 12, 2014, 03:03:39 pm »
I want to give WhyMe a

I salute you for not making this a racial issue and being the gentleman and seeing the bigger picture  :thumleft:

Operator as die insurance game jou ooit faal, politics....

:peepwall:

Offline Eddy81

« Reply #176 on: March 12, 2014, 03:12:12 pm »
Correct AMZ,  I have often wondered that too.  I really don't have any respect for Bavarian anymore.  I have given them allot of chances to change my opinion.  They have just gotten worse. 

Can it be that dealerships only like doing business with people they know? Or people that are friends with their clients?  Luckily we have options with most of the bigger brands, if one dealership doesn't give you goo service, one can just take your business elsewhere.

Offline Operator

• is a Forum Vendor and a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Official Vendor
    • Vendor
« Reply #177 on: March 12, 2014, 03:17:54 pm »
I want to give WhyMe a

The reality is that WhyMe never ever mentioned the racecard...............it was started and instigated by others.

Give credit where it is due. ;)

Offline Garfield

• Deleted Users
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
« Reply #178 on: March 12, 2014, 03:21:58 pm »
I want to give WhyMe a

The reality is that WhyMe never ever mentioned the racecard...............it was started and instigated by others.

Give credit where it is due. ;)

You have a point, it is the truth, which excludes politics then  :thumleft:

Offline White Rhino

• Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • Save the White Rhino
« Reply #179 on: March 12, 2014, 03:22:21 pm »
If the events portrayed are true and you didn't stash some muffins in your pocket, then it does surprise me - I've been dealing with Northside for many years and on many occasions with all of the floor staff - never had anything less than good service and interactions. I can add that the ol'man who doesn't really work there but shows up from time to time does have a bit of a different approach to the regular staff. Steve in the workshop is the man and the prime reason I keep going back.

And that is great, but the point made is that it seems if you are young, black and is dressed simply - you are treated differently.  And that dear friends is the point of this thread.

Northside have sold Bikes to many black clients - I was there the day a brand new 1000RR was being collected - no hint of racism any of the conversations. Generalisation is inappropriate.
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy
Nothing clears the head like a throttle twisted and the fresh air on the tip of the nose

Beta 300RR, WR450 Rallye, KTM990 Adv, HP2, HPN635, 1200GS LC