The Two Dinosaurs are at it Again (The Sea)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALLEN I

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
                                                  The Two Dinosaurs Are At It Again.
                                                                   “The Sea”

Do I need to explain??? Okay okay I will, our asses jukking sommer big time as we haven’t done a trip for a while and we have both (me and Ian (Ian in Great Brak River) being leesing and checking out all of the lekker RR’s and photos  of you ouses trips and goed, and we sommer knew it was that time again, We needed to take the bikes out and do some serious riding and to take photos, and to post the RR, to make you ous jealous and that you sommer want to hop on your bikes and take a trip yourselves.

Not to not make this a boring stuk, a quick summery, get kit ready, make sure bikes are A okay and to make sure we have enough necessities for the road.

This would be a winter trip May 2013 as it was the only time we could both be free from our priorities of the daily grind stone, we would meet each other in Colesburg and decide there where we were going to go as we had a few options to consider.
We had decided to just wing it as we go.
1: Namibia to finish our ride to Upupa falls as it has beaten us 2-0 so we have some unfinished business there. see (The two dinosaurs do Namibia)
2: Go to Botswana and the Northern section of Namibia.
3: The Natal coast through Swaziland all the way up to Eastern Transvaal, (Oop’s Mapulanga) then back to Pretoria.

Now Ian would once again be coming down from Great Brak River, and I would as per usual be coming up from Pretoria. Or is it the other way around? Not quite sure. You ous figger it out.

So Ian’s coming down from Great Brak, he has 700 odd km to do. He decides to do some gravel roads to get to Colesburg. Some photos of his route, lucky bugger was doing gravel most of the way. He was heading for Klaarstroom and then would gooi a right onto the R407 to Willomore turn left for Graaf Reinet for a quick pit stop then via the R63 to Colesburg.

Ian having a blast on the sand roads.

He has a passion for historic/ boere stuff so he spends some time here

It was so tranquil that he just sat down and enjoyed his surroundings.

On the road again to meet me in Colesburg.