Sunday cruise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlouVark

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
I'm no writer so bear with me.

Sunday at around 11, being bored out of my mind, I got on the bike with no real destination in mind. I just had to get out. A short dirt ride should do the trick. So I took Lynnwood down to the R25 towards Bronkhorstspruit & then onto the dirt towards Vaalbank.

c01.jpg

Passing over the N4 the fun started.
c1.jpg

I love railroads.
c2.jpg

c3.jpg

c4.jpg

Crossing the tracks the fun continous
c5.jpg

Ain't she purty :D
c7.jpg

Why take a tankbag on such a short trip you may ask?
A 6 pack cooler fits very nicely thank you, with new compressor(must take housing off)
The Red Bull's are for picking the bike up :D :D
c7a.jpg

Nice road with some sandy patches.
c8.jpg

Something to look forward to.
c9.jpg

Some scenery.
c9a.jpg

Some ostriches.
c9b.jpg

The view coming down with Cullinan in the back ground.
c9c.jpg

Turning towards Sybrandskraal there was plenty of this.
c9d.jpg

This sign was long past it's sell by date.
c9e.jpg

Smoke stop
c9f.jpg

Some bad light in this one.
c9g.jpg

Some bad focus.
c9h.jpg

Some ugly bastard with camera
c9i.jpg

Did not even know I left GP.
Did a loop via De Tweedespruit to Zambesi Rd turning back on dirt towards Cullinan. Then Boschkop, Vaalbank & home just after 4.
c9j.jpg

Did 334km of relax dirt riding on some beautifull roads. I took roughly the same route a couple of months ago but I forgot how much I enjoyed it.
The one bonus of dirt roads is that the road condition changes all the time. :D

Just a note about the TKC 80's. I'm really impressed, excellent in the loose stuff, corners on loose dirt is no longer a butt clenching affair & once back on tar, you can lean it quite far. Only down side is the wear rate. The rear got just over 3000 k's on it & I doubt I'm going to see another 2, the front looks brand new. Will I fit them again, hell yes.
Must learn to have a gentler throttle hand :oops: .
c9k.jpg