Eden - another perspective

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

letsgofishing

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XL650V Transalp
I had just finished posting 17 pics and captions when my browser hung up :-\ so I"ll be posting this again in sections!

I would like to start by saying thank you TR for including me in this trip - it REALLY is a priviledge to be able to ride in area where most riders will never be able to go. I was very aware of the fact that a couple of noisy bikes or some irresponsible riding will end this priviledge forever. Thanks are also due the TR's father for arranging this in the first place.

The pictures are in no particular order, and merely depict my experience of the ride. I hope you enjoy.

rocksBW_tn.jpg

The fires in the mountains have destroyed large area of pine plantation - yet there signs of new growth almost everywhere.

rockstream_tn.jpg

View of the river bed downhill where the road had been washed away. Beyond the ledge in the distance, the stream falls away into a rock pool. (sorry no pic).

rockpool_tn.jpg

This is where one of the roads ended due to being washed away in the floods last year. What a stunning palce to take a break!

rockferns_tn.jpg

Moss-covered granite boulder in one of the streams.

pathferns_tn.jpg

Shades of green.

leafypath_tn.jpg

This leaf-strewn path follows on from the prevoius shot.

leafpath_tn.jpg

The same track from a different perspective.

Johanlog_tn.jpg

The fallen tree we had to get the bikes under.

fynbospath_tn.jpg

There was beautiful fynbos growing on the southern slopes on this section of the track, yet you go around a corner and on the northern slopes, the vegetation chages almost instantly to ferns and restios.