Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Harley Davidson - Share your photos and information/news here  (Read 24010 times)

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
Re: Harley Davidson - Share your photos and information/news here
« Reply #160 on: April 29, 2014, 11:46:04 am »
Mooi man!!  :laughing4:

Offline 2-Stroke

• Forum Vendor
  • Bike: Britten (all models)
  • The Bike Show
    • The Bike Show
« Reply #161 on: April 29, 2014, 11:49:32 am »
Harley Davidson Street Glide:
Simon Fourie is riding this bike down to Africa Bike Week in Margate this weekend, but was not using it this past weekend, so I used it.
For anyone who doesn't know the Street Glide, it is one of those massive touring Harleys this one, for example, weighs exactly 367 tons, but this isn't too big a problem, because the seat height is approximately 15mm off the ground, so even a 3-foot garden gnome like me can handle it with relative ease. In fact, it becomes a fun challenge. When I took it home, I decided that I would do the responsible thing and reverse it into my garage. After a 97-point turn, and three hernias, the beast sat magnificently in my garage, ready to be ridden out the next morning when I was undoubtedly going to be rushing because I'd be late for work. Still, I was high-fiving myself more than Kanye-West at my bike manoeuvring skills.
It has a massive stereo system, made more excellent by the fact that I could plug iPhone into it and play actual music, much like radio stations nowadays don't. You can control volume and track selection on the fly via a little button on the Playstation controller situated next to the left handlebar, which is better too, but there is a problem with having a stereo on a motorcycle: when you stop at a traffic light, everyone can hear exactly what you are listening to, and on my phone that day, I happened to accidentally only have the best of Toto on it, so I sat at the light, with the huge Harley putting away majestically, with I'll Supply The Love trumpeting out of the two huge speakers.
I could feel the judgemental stares from the people in their cars, and I even caught the look from the resident beggar out the corner of my eye, who was decidedly condescending.
Right I stopped in at the office, downloaded a whole lot of Led Zeppelin and returned to said traffic light to restore my dwindling pride. I sat with Immigrant Song blaring, yet still failed to notice any recognition from the passing motorists, who were still giving me a perplexed look. I then caught my reflection in the window of one of the cars - the Harley, matt-black with ornate engine parts, looked spectacular, but I was wearing blue jeans, black takkies, a sporty red and black Kevlar jacket, my red and white Arai Chaser superbike helmet, absolutely no rock n roll leather and a look of desperation. Even Led Zeppelin couldn't solve this level of uncoolness. To make matters worse, my phone was set on Shuffle, thus it returned to Toto for the next song, which was the unmistakeable sound of Without Your Love.
With my ego thoroughly in shreds, I decided to give up on the poser lifestyle and go on a breakfast run, where things got decidedly better. It has a 103 cubic-inch motor, which isn't fast, but it is strong enough to pull a Macdonalds burger out of an American's hands. On idle, it shakes and bounces around in your classic Harley style, but once you are moving, all unnecessary vibrations cease and it becomes an absolute pleasure.
We were riding with a group of gents on superbikes and naked sports bikes, which are tons of fun, but when we arrived in Harties, you couldn't help but notice them taking a few moments to realign their spines, while I was hopping around excitedly, spine still fully in tact.
The Harley is fun too, despite the testimonies of many a sport bike rider. It weighs 367 tons, which means that its wheels sink into the tar and you are, literally, in a groove, so it corners with traction casting a majority vote. This is a problem for the dismissive sport bike riders, who were noticeably quiet after Hold The Line cam blaring around their outside in one of the turns.
The more you ride this bike, the more you get over the fact that it can out-brute a tank, and the more you enjoy it. Simon is leaving on it for Margate this week. I'm actually quite jealous.

Offline Mother

• Bike: Harley Davidson (all models)
  • ...anything with an engine an 2wheels
« Reply #162 on: April 29, 2014, 04:47:11 pm »
Check out this Harley Dual Sport bike

http://www.bikeexif.com/dual-sport-motorcycle
mother ....only half a word ;-)

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #163 on: April 29, 2014, 05:05:47 pm »

Offline whitedelight

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #164 on: April 29, 2014, 07:20:37 pm »
A mate in Langebaan got his new scoot. Not quite what I would buy but he has owned a few out there Harley's

Rather live one day like a lion than 100 days like a sheep

Offline whitedelight

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #165 on: April 29, 2014, 07:22:20 pm »
Simon Fourie is riding this bike down to Africa Bike Week in Margate this weekend, but was not using it this past weekend, so I used it.
For anyone who doesn't know the Street Glide, it is one of those massive touring Harleys this one, for example, weighs exactly 367 tons, but this isn't too big a problem, because the seat height is approximately 15mm off the ground, so even a 3-foot garden gnome like me can handle it with relative ease. In fact, it becomes a fun challenge. When I took it home, I decided that I would do the responsible thing and reverse it into my garage. After a 97-point turn, and three hernias, the beast sat magnificently in my garage, ready to be ridden out the next morning when I was undoubtedly going to be rushing because I'd be late for work. Still, I was high-fiving myself more than Kanye-West at my bike manoeuvring skills.
It has a massive stereo system, made more excellent by the fact that I could plug iPhone into it and play actual music, much like radio stations nowadays don't. You can control volume and track selection on the fly via a little button on the Playstation controller situated next to the left handlebar, which is better too, but there is a problem with having a stereo on a motorcycle: when you stop at a traffic light, everyone can hear exactly what you are listening to, and on my phone that day, I happened to accidentally only have the best of Toto on it, so I sat at the light, with the huge Harley putting away majestically, with I'll Supply The Love trumpeting out of the two huge speakers.
I could feel the judgemental stares from the people in their cars, and I even caught the look from the resident beggar out the corner of my eye, who was decidedly condescending.
Right I stopped in at the office, downloaded a whole lot of Led Zeppelin and returned to said traffic light to restore my dwindling pride. I sat with Immigrant Song blaring, yet still failed to notice any recognition from the passing motorists, who were still giving me a perplexed look. I then caught my reflection in the window of one of the cars - the Harley, matt-black with ornate engine parts, looked spectacular, but I was wearing blue jeans, black takkies, a sporty red and black Kevlar jacket, my red and white Arai Chaser superbike helmet, absolutely no rock n roll leather and a look of desperation. Even Led Zeppelin couldn't solve this level of uncoolness. To make matters worse, my phone was set on Shuffle, thus it returned to Toto for the next song, which was the unmistakeable sound of Without Your Love.
With my ego thoroughly in shreds, I decided to give up on the poser lifestyle and go on a breakfast run, where things got decidedly better. It has a 103 cubic-inch motor, which isn't fast, but it is strong enough to pull a Macdonalds burger out of an American's hands. On idle, it shakes and bounces around in your classic Harley style, but once you are moving, all unnecessary vibrations cease and it becomes an absolute pleasure.
We were riding with a group of gents on superbikes and naked sports bikes, which are tons of fun, but when we arrived in Harties, you couldn't help but notice them taking a few moments to realign their spines, while I was hopping around excitedly, spine still fully in tact.
The Harley is fun too, despite the testimonies of many a sport bike rider. It weighs 367 tons, which means that its wheels sink into the tar and you are, literally, in a groove, so it corners with traction casting a majority vote. This is a problem for the dismissive sport bike riders, who were noticeably quiet after Hold The Line cam blaring around their outside in one of the turns.
The more you ride this bike, the more you get over the fact that it can out-brute a tank, and the more you enjoy it. Simon is leaving on it for Margate this week. I'm actually quite jealous.

Yep once you learn how to ride one,cause it is a different ride to most other bikes,they are heaps of fun.
Rather live one day like a lion than 100 days like a sheep

Online DirtRebell

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #166 on: April 29, 2014, 07:45:07 pm »

Hey nice write-up!
Since I've seen a Street Glide in the flesh a coupla days ago it is my new favourite HD! :lol8: 

Offline badseed

• Ride the adventure
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • KTM 990S, KTM690R , Vespa 200GT
    • www.wildwood.capetown
« Reply #167 on: April 29, 2014, 10:44:48 pm »
An old dude on a big red and black Hog with great sounding pipes and a sound system passed me on the 690 just outside Somerset West on Monday morning (Freedom day).  Great sounding machine and took off with pretty impressive acceleration .

But mire impressive was the cool jacket he was wearing.  Red/black with dosens of big bright studs.
Owner WildWood Motorcycle Tours South Africa

Offline ButchH

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Ми тебе тиснути
« Reply #168 on: May 17, 2014, 11:17:21 am »
Ok Ill share this :Gary Scott, riding a Triumph. :deal: :imaposer: :imaposer:    http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/news/harley-dealer-ad-gets-it-wrong?src=SOC&dom=fb   :deal:
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 11:25:42 am by ButchH »
GSA 1150
XL 250
GS 1200

Offline Wayne

« Reply #169 on: May 17, 2014, 03:41:30 pm »
Ok Ill share this :Gary Scott, riding a Triumph. :deal: :imaposer: :imaposer:    http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/news/harley-dealer-ad-gets-it-wrong?src=SOC&dom=fb   :deal:

Damn that's funny

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #170 on: May 17, 2014, 04:24:22 pm »
 :patch: I think somone got fired!

Offline mulder

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
« Reply #171 on: May 23, 2014, 10:08:08 am »
Here are my 2 Babies

My 1999 Springer Softail  just 8000KM

My 2007 Limited Edition 50th Anniversary Sportster just 4000KM
You can't get lost if you are exploring !
1966 Vespa sold,  1981 Vespa  sold
2012 Ducati 848     sold, 2012 Ducati 796   sold
2013 Honda 600rr     sold, 2013 Honda NC700x  sold
2008 KLR 650  CTX200, NC 750X

Offline Offshore

« Reply #172 on: May 23, 2014, 10:23:55 am »
Nice Bikes but the 50th Anniversary was in 1953.

Offline Lem

« Reply #173 on: May 23, 2014, 10:30:08 am »

wasn't it more or less 50 year anniversary of the Sportster name?
Faith is not knowing what the future holds, it's knowing who holds the future

Offline Offshore

« Reply #174 on: May 23, 2014, 10:35:14 am »

wasn't it more or less 50 year anniversary of the Sportster name?
Aha, that could be.

Offline badballie

• Macum Amicum Est
  • www.bikersagainstdrugs.co.za
« Reply #175 on: May 23, 2014, 11:15:54 am »
My mate Varkie's Wyat Earp Fatboy
Cash, Gas or Ass............ no-one rides for free :-)

I did it because I can, I can because I want to and I want to because you said that I couldn't !!!!!!!

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #176 on: May 23, 2014, 12:48:23 pm »
WOW, Fatboy  :drif:

Offline Wayne

« Reply #177 on: May 23, 2014, 06:54:39 pm »
Stunning bike that Fatboy. I would of chosen the single action revolver though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.

Online DirtRebell

• Forum Whore
« Reply #178 on: May 23, 2014, 09:04:21 pm »
So very bootiful. :drif:

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • We need a strong man. Strong like Stalin
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #179 on: May 24, 2014, 06:26:44 am »
 :imaposer:nice one Dan :imaposer: imagine the big Harley with Celine Dion's shrill voice on the speakers :imaposer: :imaposer:  send my regards to Simon plse :thumleft: