Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Harley Davidson - Share your photos and information/news here  (Read 22902 times)

Offline ZooDog

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • ride everything hard
Re: Harley Davidson - Share your photos and information/news here
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2014, 05:38:44 pm »
Well im looking for a harley, like the fat bob or nightster wanting to know as long travelling like cross country are they good enough. Or whats the best for 2 up. Been looking on the net aswell
TIA. this is africa

Offline heinzz

« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2014, 05:41:00 pm »
Ya where the boffs my knowledge is thin looking to learn

What do you want to know. When it comes to Harley's there is lots to learn,but the knowledge available online is freely available if you willing to read a bit.

I have been on my HD today for the first time in almost 3 months. When you are in that frame of mind for a nice cruise there is nothing better and I can do that for hours without stopping. Like all things it is fit for purpose and really enjoyable.  

Offline heinzz

« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2014, 05:46:54 pm »
Well im looking for a harley, like the fat bob or nightster wanting to know as long travelling like cross country are they good enough. Or whats the best for 2 up. Been looking on the net aswell

If you looking for something to do touring with, look at the big twins (soft tails or dynas) 96inch (1600cc). The sportsers is a little short for two up on long trips. On the big twins you can ride all day long.

Offline whitedelight

• Forum Whore
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2014, 05:57:38 pm »

If you looking for something to do touring with, look at the big twins (soft tails or dynas) 96inch (1600cc). The sportsers is a little short for two up on long trips. On the big twins you can ride all day long.

Correct.. The bigger twins make all day riding a breeze. You can easily do 600-800km a day and not feel it .
Rather live one day like a lion than 100 days like a sheep

Offline LLTHB

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2014, 07:56:29 pm »
Durban to Namibia for me the only choice is my BMW Adventure - big screen, good power, adjustable suspension, awesome stopping power, good on dirt highway and tar alike - easy to do 800 plus a day in the saddle - have done Swakop to Durban in 2 days  2700ks (and went jolling on the second night back in Durban).

But, for cruising around town, going for a cup of coffee, a beach front ride - then the Harley comes into play. Have a Fat Bob with Vance and Hines exhaust - simply awesome sound. Great ride, and, rare for a Harley - twin discs up front - no ABS on my model, but really good stopping power. Really is a good ride. Something else about Harley is they dont' "date". You can add farkles and make changes all the time for next 30 years and they still look good.

The wife has a 1200 Sporty Low - a true classic. She is really short and the only bike that she can ride of this size is a Harley. No one wants to ride a 250cc bike on a 6000 km road trip.

Do not ride with the Harley crowd, no interest in HOG etc etc. And, when I ride the BM all the ATTGAT comes into play. But on the Harley, I am normally found in jeans and a t-shirt. Do have good gloves, good helmet and good boots though.
Karoo View Cottages
Prince Albert, Western Cape
Motorbike Friendly
http://www.karooview.co.za/
Discount to Wild Dogs

Offline DirtRebell

• Forum Whore
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2014, 10:00:06 pm »
There is one HD in particular that is not been mentioned and are often not part of related discussions. Not idea why. I for one love them and would not mind to own one one day.

The Night Train.

These I doubt are standard but you get the idea.

Offline whitedelight

• Forum Whore
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2014, 11:43:32 pm »
One of our clubs bikes at Buff concourse,supercharged CVO
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 11:44:43 pm by whitedelight »

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2014, 07:26:01 am »
Stunning bikes, the 'Night train' is indeed a stunning HD! :thumleft:

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2014, 07:30:56 am »
Whitedelight that Supercharged CVO; why? Is it for qauter mile drags or 'just because'?

Offline Bensien

« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2014, 08:36:56 am »
Out of curiosity, how does a pillion get onto the back of these cruiser type bikes when they are fitted with luggage? Must the passenger get on first? I saw a woman trying to get on the back of a Victory yesterday and I couldn’t believe how much she struggled. The rear of the bike was too wide for her to swing her leg over and there wasn’t enough space between the riders back and the boxes to get her leg through. . She could not use the passenger footpeg for extra height, because it was too far forward and positioned under the riders thigh. In the end she stood behind the bike, put her leg over the box on the right, grabbed hold of the rider and after considerable gymnastics got her left leg over on the other side. Surely there must be proper way to do it. If the bike had been fitted with a top box, she would not have been able to do it all.
Why do things that only happen to stupid people always happen to me?

Offline whitedelight

• Forum Whore
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2014, 08:54:38 am »
Whitedelight that Supercharged CVO; why? Is it for qauter mile drags or 'just because'?

He superchargers all his bikes. It makes them a bit quicker for sure.

Offline whitedelight

• Forum Whore
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2014, 08:57:09 am »
Out of curiosity, how does a pillion get onto the back of these cruiser type bikes when they are fitted with luggage? Must the passenger get on first? I saw a woman trying to get on the back of a Victory yesterday and I couldn’t believe how much she struggled. The rear of the bike was too wide for her to swing her leg over and there wasn’t enough space between the riders back and the boxes to get her leg through. . She could not use the passenger footpeg for extra height, because it was too far forward and positioned under the riders thigh. In the end she stood behind the bike, put her leg over the box on the right, grabbed hold of the rider and after considerable gymnastics got her left leg over on the other side. Surely there must be proper way to do it. If the bike had been fitted with a top box, she would not have been able to do it all.

Easiest way is on the tourer with the rear luggage is to like step through,almost like getting on a scooter. Maybe the pillion on the Victory was a noob. But having said that,the rear luggage on the touring victory is quite large

Offline Sylvester

« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2014, 10:47:37 am »

The Road Kings or Electra Glides are what you're looking for.
If force does not help, you are not using enough...

Offline Roxtar

• REV IT UP
  • Aka Sprocket Face
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2014, 11:27:48 am »

For overtaking lol........ :imaposer: Seriously though for me it would have to be the VRod in orange with chequer flag tank design, saw one a while ago and it just sticks to me :thumleft:
Long live the Underdog.........

Offline cloudgazer

• RPMods
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
    • fontera
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2014, 11:53:18 am »
There can be only one!

Cloudgazer our club president from two years ago,built this bike off a scaled model. all done in SA

The second custom was built in the States,this is his missus riding the bike. She generally does not ride Harleys,mostly road bikes. she normally rides a Buell.

gasp! Want!!!

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2014, 11:59:02 am »
 :thumleft:

Offline bronzy

• the older i get the faster i was !!!
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2014, 11:34:05 am »

The Road Kings or Electra Glides are what you're looking for.

fat Bob two up is very lekker just change the seat to a comfort seat and fit a sissy bar for the pillion
me a wifey did ABW to Margate no problem last year.
The fat bob also got the best seating position for the rider as you are not cramped and can stretch your legs further than the bigger bikes   :thumleft:

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2014, 11:43:28 am »
Looks Lekker!! :3some:

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2014, 11:44:28 am »
In can see myself on this one!  :deal: :laughing4:

Offline whitedelight

• Forum Whore
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2014, 02:11:32 pm »
I also really like the package the FatBoy and FatBob offer,and nice looking scoots too.