BIKERS AND ATTITUDE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pierrer

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
This morning just again reinforced my preference of riding with a small group of likeminded people.  We decided to take Darrel of GS Adventure up and ride the 'tracks' on his farm as riding on a game farm is an experience one do not get to do every weekend/

We arrived relatively early and whilst enjoying some coffee quite a number of bikes arrive.  Interesting to note that quite a few bikes (most from one brand) came in sliding and spinning on the loose sand / wet grass, but that is their prerogative.  Just before we left on the outride we were requested to follow the 'leader", stay on the route and keep it "civil" especially when we get close to the game.  We were 8 all together, the "leader", our group of 3 bikes and a group of 4 bikes.  Not use to riding with other bikes imagine my surprise when all these guys went "racing" off spinning their rear wheel but what really surprised me was that they nearly immediately when into the standing position (and no they did not ride BMW's).  For most of the ride they continue to spin their rear wheels whenever the urge became too big.  Quite annoying when one are taking a leisurely ride and all one hear is the continues revving of engines and spinning of rear wheels.  What was also annoying is some of them moving up and down the line of bikes or stopping in order for a gap to open and then race as if they are trying to win the Dakar.

The purpose of this mail is not to bash any brand but what really annoyed me is they were riding the brand that bash the BMW's the most.  Quite interesting that they were wearing the latest branded AGATT and were standing more that we all three of us did together on what was any relatively easy outride.  BMW's usually get accused as posers but it will be great if someone can inform me WHAT MAKES YOU SO SPECIAL TO SPOIL THE MORNING FOR OTHERS because you ride a capable bike?

Thus next time before you slate another brand than your colour, take a moment and realise that there is a lot of idiots that ride all brands of bikes. 

I know I'm probably going to get flamed due to this but I'm glad that this is off my chest.  I know and have seen that there are many good guys out there that ride a variety of bikes that will agree with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.