Weird Weather, A Wet foot and Growweblaar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

droffarc

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda NC750X
I had arranged to meet Growweblaar at his home in Bettyâ??s Bay so that he could show me the road I had often passed but never tried to explore.

The weather was quite weird, after all the Heavy blowing of the South Easter it suddenly became hot and today, even though it was raining it was very hot like humid hot.

Because it was raining I opted for my snazzy Leather Forever zoot suit and was instantly sorry because by the time I departed I was wetter inside than the rain outside. I followed the N1 to the turnoff for the butterfly farm where it stopped raining.

bbaybl4.jpg

Just for a â??veranderingâ? I stopped here for a breather.

Even over the Franschoek pass it was relatively dry but had clearly rained. Going over the pass I had my visor open so that I could fully sample the smells of the wet plants â?? an aroma I love.

bbay1wx0.jpg

Then I entered the burned zone â?? not much to look at here but thoughts of Mordor, cracks of doom and rings were in my mind.

bbay2zq9.jpg

bbay3mp2.jpg

bbay4py8.jpg

At the bridge I turned right and then a short left and after a bit a short right towards the van der Stel pass. Here I was passed by someone riding an orange going the other way.
bbay5gw2.jpg

I quite enjoy the van der Stel pass â?? it has its own character.

I was to meet Growweblaar at 14:00 so I had to make on or I would be late.

Just outside of Kleinmond I happened upon someone who had decided it would be better to park in the veld â?? how he got there is another story.

bbay6nj6.jpg

It immediately began to rain quite hard and by the time I got to Stoney Point it was bucketing down so I sought refuge on someoneâ??s stoep and called Growweblaar for directions. He came and fetched bedraggled me but the rain also stopped.

bbay7ab2.jpg

He hopped onto his bike and soon we were on gravel.

bbay8wo0.jpg

bbay9kn1.jpg

So beautiful here, and even more enchanting under the leaden skies with the smells of wet plants and rain.

bbay10lx0.jpg

We went through Kleinmond and took that right turn, you know the one.
This turned out to be quite fun, due to all the water puddles.

bbay11jr6.jpg

bbay12yx3.jpg

bbay13qa6.jpg

bbay14tf9.jpg

We went home for Salt tea, compliments of his sister in law, as we sat on his stoep watching the rain come down in buckets, me trying to get the water out of my one boot â?? that one puddle was surprisingly deep.

bbay15ll7.jpg

When the rain let up a bit and the fog settled in I left for home along the coastal road, arriving at home just as the fog settled in here too.

Fer goodness sake will someone tell the weather people that this is FEBRUARY! Not winter â?? not supposed to have weather like this in FEBRUARY! Darn it!

Thanks Growweblaar for the enjoyable ride, and thanks to your wife for the hospitality.