A dirty trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph (all models)
With my wife out of town I asked my other lady if she would like a ride. Of course she said yes as long as it's dirty. So I climbed on her and we headed out through Boane to the road to Ponto da Oura. We expected it to be a bit rough and muddy with all the rain and we were not disappointed. Some places where the trucks had messed it up and quite a few slushy puddles. They were not too bad as long as we kept in the tracks made by vehicles and I know she hates lying down in mud or water so just kept it steady.

Worst thing about the trip was where we met on-coming vehicles in the sandy twin-spoor areas as some vehicles just will not shift over. I have found the best is to stop as close to the edge as possible and trust they will go past slowly - which they normally do. One GP Toyota with a off-road caravan was a typical a&$3 hole - headed for me flashing lights and hooting when he could easily have moved over a bit onto the soft bank. I just sat there and i am sure he aimed as close to me as possible. Told me "Bikes give way" as he went past. Glad I don't live in GP land with drivers with that attitude.

No! The worst part of the trip was when I checked my Go-Pro and found that the batteries (double pack) were flat after about 10 minutes filming. New batteries and all!!!  GRRRRRR!!

So all I have is some pics when I got home before I gave my lady a good shower. But what an enjoyable ride.

Carrying mud everywhere

https://

At least she kept her eye open

New style "mud-pant"

Muddy selfie