GS Adventures Open day - from the Horse's mouth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ou Ryperd

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 890 Adventure R
So yesterday was the first of many open days on Darrel's farm called Danielsrust.  It's a family game farm close to the Sterkfontein caves.  I've left Centurion @ 07:00 to meet the rest of the group under the Rooihuiskraal bridge (as I called it :-[) Everyone understood my directions except Leo who waited under the correct bridge, as  my directions were actually for the Old Jhb rd bridge - SORRY LEO for keeping you waiting!  :-[

Waiting for me was Kykdaar, and  :-[ I can't remember the other names  :-[, and off we went on the N14 towards Krugersdorp.  Ama was waiting patiently on the Lanseria bridge for us. Once we were all together (18 of us!) we proceeded to Wickers. All on tar :-[

Let's start with Wickers.  The last time I was there it was a real nice place, good service & food, with plenty of bikers. This time... It was bad.  Service poor, food portions small, it was just not up there!! All the tables had their food except Leo's table. We were ready to go, and yet Leo & co were still waiting for their food. I cracked myself when Leo called their waiter "Biltong, waar's ons kos? Dit was snaaks gewees, maar nou is dit nie meer fokken snaaks nie." You should have seen the poor laitie's face!  ;D But their food was promptly served.

From Magalies Leo took us on a nice dirt road towards the farm.  On this road someone forgot the golden rule and did not wait for the guy behind and soon there were 6 bikes lost  :eek: As I was riding sweeper, I knew the road and direction, so no harm done. When we arrived on the farm the rest were waiting for us, Coke in the hand.

The game drive on the farm was awesome.  Darrel thought that about 30 people would pitch, but what a surprise!!! I recon about 100 people went through the farm yesterday.  There is a nice camping spot with hot water, flush toilets for the "not-so-manly" and a big buma where one can braai, pitch a tent and relax.  Watch the "Planning a Trip" section for a WD 1-night stand on the farm!!!

What a great day, and thanks for all that pitched.  I know Darrel is keen on becoming a site sponsor as well, and he will get into contact with Michnus. I say let's support him, as with all our site sponsors!!

PS: here's the link to some pictures. Thanks Superjuice. 
https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=14779.0

;)