Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: 1190 and the Bushbuck a short story  (Read 2912 times)

Offline Wolweseun

• Forum Vendor
  • Vendors
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XR650R
  • VannieBaai
    • Bikes n Bits
Re: 1190 and the Bushbuck a short story
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2014, 09:55:26 pm »
The buck only died a short while after I hit it
It was laying in the road kicking and blood everywhere, it was very unpleasant and took a few minutes to die, I dont enjoy killing animals in any manner or form.

To the people who say I should have taken it, do you actually know how big a Bushbuck ram is, bit difficult to tie on the back of a bike but someone stopped and quickly loaded it up

Looking back I think I had some divine intervention looking after me
Things that helped
21" front wheel
Very good suspension
Crashbars that took the knock and saved my legs

I hit the buck between 80 and a 100Km/h and think I connected his head as his jaw was broken
I rode over his neck and my foot caught on his back where the white spot is and broke the brake lever between my foot and boot
When I saw him bolt I braked harder and when I saw I was going to hit him I let go of the front brake which I instinctively do from many years of mountain biking which releases the fork to work over the obstacle ahead and was looking for the softest spot to crash as I knew I was going down but the bike just went straight over, I looked back and saw him lying kicking in the road and turned back and stopped

Afterwards I still  went on to take some photos of the heat shields but they are generally horribly overexposed and I obviously didnt realise how shook up I was and still had to tell Manic I fucked up his bike.

In Hindsight I was going to fast...
"Life is like a penis - simple, relaxed and hanging free...

it's women who make it hard"

www.bikesnbits.co.za

Offline >>Thump°C

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2014, 06:42:59 am »
Glad you OK Craig.
I hit a small buck on the klr one night ±4 months ago between noordhoek and skoenies.
Luckily just felt like a speedbump, but buck died instantly.
Never nice.

Extra sleg when on someone else's bike, eish.
And btw, u can't go too fast on those bikes.
Especially when you need the centrafugal force to spin the cobwebs out the spokes.
Boys will be Boys.
And girls are darn thankful for that

Offline Knucklhead

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • aka: Mooseknuckle/ knucky/knuckles/philistine
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2014, 06:56:02 am »
Glad u ok craigie, manic won't sig he neva rides his bike in anycase , always at the dealer or a trailer, I always say happens for a reason, cud been a bus around the next corner :-)