Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Kenny Racing Jackets  (Read 2361 times)

Offline Bram

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Beta (all models)
Kenny Racing Jackets
« on: March 31, 2014, 12:14:02 pm »
Don't know if this is under the right section, but since i guess this is more racing related i would rather put it down here.
Does anybody know of suppliers of the Kenny Racing Jackets (of the shelf ones) here in South Africa.
I have tried to deal with Kenny Racing in the UK and when all came together it came to 230 pounds including shipping which is just over R4000 whilst the jacket in itself is normally around 180 Euros which works out to around R2600. This was still OK for me up until they asked me to make up a payment by giving my credit card details to them over the phone??????? This is when i got a bit weary and backed off. So if anybody can assist here with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Offline markdiver

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • It's better to burn out, than fade away!
Re: Kenny Racing Jackets
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 01:56:48 pm »
Don't know if this is under the right section, but since i guess this is more racing related i would rather put it down here.
Does anybody know of suppliers of the Kenny Racing Jackets (of the shelf ones) here in South Africa.
I have tried to deal with Kenny Racing in the UK and when all came together it came to 230 pounds including shipping which is just over R4000 whilst the jacket in itself is normally around 180 Euros which works out to around R2600. This was still OK for me up until they asked me to make up a payment by giving my credit card details to them over the phone??????? This is when i got a bit weary and backed off. So if anybody can assist here with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Bram - I am currently dealing with KENNY in France where they are actually made.  I asked around with many of the Rally boys and they all said the same thing - talk to Nicolas in France.  He has made up jackets for us which includes all design work as you would like it, or you can have him give you an idea/suggestion.  The jacket itself is 300 Euros & pants 100 Euros (excluding postage)  I was able to make payment via EFT and all so far has been above board.  Actually spoke with him yesterday and our order will leave in a weeks time.  So from time of contact to time of delivery is going to be approx 8 weeks.  PM me if you want more details.
Mine - BMW 1200 ADV, KTM 450 RR; HUSABERG TE 300; Goes 320 Quad
Missus - BMW 650 GS.

>< ( ( ((º >`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸>< ( ( ((º >

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 04:06:39 pm »
Thats cool Mark :thumleft:

Can you please post his contact details here?

Also:

How did you measure up sizes?
Were you able to to specify pockets and sizes of pockets etc?
How did you deal with the camelback?

Thanks

Neil :paw:
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline Bram

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Beta (all models)
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 04:33:08 pm »
I have also been wondering on how to do the sizing as you normally wear these over a body armour.

Offline markdiver

• Race Dog
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 06:39:41 pm »

Also:

Thanks

Hey BB

Nicolas at Kenny  - Nicolas@kenny-racing.com & Tel: 0033 322092000

I had fitted Kobus Potgieters jacket at the Amageza, so from that I was able to decide on size.  I would say that whatever jacket size you are normally, you may need to go up one size.
I did not even ask about pockets and sizes as I took it was stock in all rally jackets.
As I also understood it, the camelback fits internally into the jacket from what I saw from Kobus's jacket.
Nicolas will send you proofs of exactly what you want before he starts fabrication.  These jackets are again as I understand it, the Rally type jacket as used by most riders on the Dakar. 
Below is the proof that he sent to me of my kit.  It took only 2 proofs for my jacket to be acceptable, and the other 2 guys who have ordered with me, liked their jackets straight away from the 1st proof.  Their designer seems to know exactly what you want, if you at least give him some idea of what you want.
Missus - BMW 650 GS.

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 09:17:12 pm »
That looks seriously smart. Thanks Mark! :thumleft:

Are the colors true color of what it will look like? I can't wait to see how yours turn out.
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline T9ER

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Adventure R
  • Fortune favors the brave
    • Joeyevans.co.za
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 10:18:39 pm »
Lookin good bro, I can see you getting faster already!
There is something really cool about having your name on the back of your jacket.
The only disability in life is a bad attitude.

KTM 450RR

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 10:30:41 pm »
There is something really cool about having your name on the back of your jacket.
+1

Ja so don't worry if guys keep walking around behind you - they just forgot your name ;) ;D

Offline markdiver

• Race Dog
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 05:14:50 am »
+1

Ja so don't worry if guys keep walking around behind you - they just forgot your name ;) ;D

:laughing4:  Like I have said before - If you don't have real talent, then at least look the part!!  :ricky:
BB - Colors are apparently true, so also looking forward to seeing it in the flesh!!  We should have the gear in about 2 weeks  :P :thumleft:
Missus - BMW 650 GS.

Online SteveD

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 04:56:16 pm »
I'm so slow that, with that jacket layout, everybody would call me Kenny  :eek7:
That looks seriously cool  :thumleft:

Offline weskus

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Vrek gewerk!!
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 05:00:22 pm »
Looking good Mark..
Vorige scooters : Suzuki TS 185, Honda CD 200, Suzuki PE 250, Kawasaki Z650, Yamaha 495 IT, Kawasaki KLX 300, BMW F 650 GS Dakar, BMW F 800 GS, KDX200, KTM300, Suzuki GSXR1000, Honda CD200, KTM 1290 Superduke (stukkend geval) tans KTM 990 Adv - toer,  KTM 300 XCW- funrides,Honda Z50 Monkeybike(projek), Honda ST70 Dax, Honda CX500 Custom - bar toe..

Offline bungycool

• Race Dog
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2014, 05:07:08 pm »
WANT! any of the other uk dogs want to do a multiple order?
If your'e going to do something do it with conviction!

Offline washer6

• Pack Dog
  • Whenever in doubt, just hang on to the cables!!
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2014, 11:46:21 am »

Also:

Thanks

Hey BB

Nicolas at Kenny  - Nicolas@kenny-racing.com & Tel: 0033 322092000

I had fitted Kobus Potgieters jacket at the Amageza, so from that I was able to decide on size.  I would say that whatever jacket size you are normally, you may need to go up one size.
I did not even ask about pockets and sizes as I took it was stock in all rally jackets.
As I also understood it, the camelback fits internally into the jacket from what I saw from Kobus's jacket.
Nicolas will send you proofs of exactly what you want before he starts fabrication.  These jackets are again as I understand it, the Rally type jacket as used by most riders on the Dakar. 
Below is the proof that he sent to me of my kit.  It took only 2 proofs for my jacket to be acceptable, and the other 2 guys who have ordered with me, liked their jackets straight away from the 1st proof.  Their designer seems to know exactly what you want, if you at least give him some idea of what you want.

Hey Bru!!
So much of prettyness nè. Looks excellent!!
Sold Bikes: Yamaha YZ 80, Honda CR 125, Kymco 250, Suzuki DRZ 400, Suzuki LTR 450 2008 CBR600 F3, 2009 Kawasaki ZX12, Honda CRF 450 R, KTM 525
In Garage: 2006 Honda CRF 450 Rally, 2012 KTM 990R,'02 Yamaha 426, Arctic cat 400

Offline MaxThePanda

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Vespa (all models)
  • As in 'Even more Panda'. Also likes sharks.
    • Team 525
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2014, 08:56:07 pm »
Don't forget import duties on clothing into SA are very high - like 45% or something. Plus VAT. May be worth looking for someone to smuggle in....  ;)

Offline MaxThePanda

• Race Dog
    • Team 525
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2014, 12:27:38 pm »
Hey Mark - did you get the kit? How did it turn out?

Offline markdiver

• Race Dog
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2014, 05:19:02 pm »
Hey Mark - did you get the kit? How did it turn out?

:thumleft: Turned out better looking in the flesh than I thought.  Both the other 2 jackets were fantastic and there new owners were very happy with them.  However the really big bonus of the jacket is how it wears.  It was such a pleasure not having to carry a camel pack on my shoulders. I find that these back packs tend to restrict airflow onto my body through any jacket or jersey that I am wearing. The jacket is extremely light in weight & the air flow through the jacket is immediately noticeable.  I wore my full body armour under the jacket, which works well for me.  The 3L camel pack bladder slips into a insert on the inside of the back of the jacket and works like a charm.  There is absolutely pockets everywhere you look inside and outside of the jacket.  I loaded up my jacket with 3L camel pack bladder, all food rations, some survival kit, phone, my glasses, spare gloves & other bits & pieces and even my tow rope fitted into back pockets, and then I still had about 4 pockets that I had not used.  So all in all excellent value for money in my opinion.  Jacket was shipped straight to my house, no imports even asked to pay.  Could not be happier.  :thumleft:
Missus - BMW 650 GS.

Offline MaxThePanda

• Race Dog
    • Team 525
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2014, 08:27:47 pm »
Awesome! Some pix with it on? Is the material decent quality you think? Are these the jackets most of the dakar guys are wearing?

Offline Koos van den Heever

• Race Dog
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2014, 09:45:59 am »
Looks really nice!    :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
KTM 990 Adventure S
KTM 690 Enduro RR
KTM 450 RFR
KTM XCF-W 350

Offline Sláinte Mhaith