Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Had number plate and disc stolen off bike  (Read 1747 times)

Offline KSMITH

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
Had number plate and disc stolen off bike
« on: April 08, 2014, 10:50:59 am »
watch out all.

I had my number plate and disc stolen off my bike on sat.

went and got a new one made R160!  Tannie at the number plate says they are getting in daily plates getting stolen, confirmed while I was waiting 2 other customers came in saying that the number plates had been stolen off their cars.

I went to the police station and was told that a case could not be opened as the reports for stolen number plates are being handled as a sworn affidavit , but given a reference number and written in the charge book , the name of the officer and rank number is also recorded.  let me tell you that the book is full!

went to traffic department and got a new disc issued and paid R80 for the balance of the licence fee till next year, but they did not seem to bothered about recording the "case" number on the system.

down to incompentance- so i hope that all will be well when i get a million rand fine and the R540 odd million invoice for the e-tols as owed by all of gauteng-

SO WATCH OUT WITH YOUR PLATE THEY ARE WORTH A LOT!
Excipio ferro et interius ignem equum sedere in venti intonuit

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Husaberg (all models)
Re: Had number plate and disc stolen off bike
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 10:55:16 am »
SO WATCH OUT WITH YOUR PLATE THEY ARE WORTH A LOT!
Maybe I must sell my plate and just ride without one.  :peepwall: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Just goes to show that you must check your e-toll invoice vs each gantry you pass under.

Online Bundu

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 10:56:00 am »
side effect of e-tolls  :thumleft:

Actually good news in a weird way, as that will create more duplicate vehicles and make Sanrals life a bigger misery and provide more reasons for people to refuse to pay for this e-scam

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Husaberg (all models)
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 10:58:36 am »

Actually good news in a weird way, as that will create more duplicate vehicles and make Sanrals life a bigger misery and provide more reasons for people to refuse to pay for this e-scam

I can just imagine the confusion in the Sanral offices to try and link the plate to the correct vehicle on the images and deal with all the queries.  ;D ;D

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 11:01:49 am »
The disk on display on my bike is a copy, the original is stuck under the pillion seat, keeps it waterproof and safe
:paw:

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Online Bundu

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 11:07:48 am »

I can just imagine the confusion in the Sanral offices to try and link the plate to the correct vehicle on the images and deal with all the queries.  ;D ;D

:lol8: I actually borrowed a mates helmet and jacket over the weekend and tackled a couple of gantries..... In court Sanral will have to prove that I own that helmet and that jacket  ;D

Offline Chukudeer

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 01:05:54 pm »
Exzacally. They must prove it is my bike and me riding it on every gantry, I must just prove that I was elsewhere at the time...... :lol8: :lol8:
KTM 990R
Gas Gas 300 now we cooking
Lisdectia rules ko

Offline BLK

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 01:10:46 pm »
The disk on display on my bike is a copy, the original is stuck under the pillion seat, keeps it waterproof and safe

Last year the cops stopped my in a road block,saw that I had a copy in disc holder and they wanted to lock me up as they said that is FRAUD!!even though guys around me had no number plates,that was not an issue.I wont say how I got out of it.

Just my warning

cheers

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 01:21:48 pm »

Last year the cops stopped my in a road block,saw that I had a copy in disc holder and they wanted to lock me up as they said that is FRAUD!!even though guys around me had no number plates,that was not an issue.I wont say how I got out of it.

Just my warning

cheers

Did you have the original?
Mine gets wet in the holder, so the original is safely stuck to the bike where it stays dry
I dont see fraud in that, its mine and its there to see on request.
Almost sounds like making a copy of your ID could be fraud too  ???
:paw:

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline Lew

• Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 03:47:40 pm »
Also carry a colour copy in my holder and origanal in my jacket.

Offline KSMITH

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2014, 08:43:14 pm »
have had an increase in firelighters been delivered lately- since my recomissioned supposedly unique number/letter combination identitfying my privately owned  maximum 2 persons on it any given time vehicle- naturally none showing any pictorial evidence- which would say a 1000 words.
been doing a lot of driving on the N12 at around 4 am to 8pm every day?

well not my problem .... no time off work, no lost income, no affidavits, no running around  for me and  shelling out cash to have a new unique number sequence of numbers and letter in blue and white made and re-register.... sorry I'm at a braai

when will the madness end???
Excipio ferro et interius ignem equum sedere in venti intonuit