Had number plate and disc stolen off bike

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KSMITH

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
watch out all.

I had my number plate and disc stolen off my bike on sat.

went and got a new one made R160!  Tannie at the number plate says they are getting in daily plates getting stolen, confirmed while I was waiting 2 other customers came in saying that the number plates had been stolen off their cars.

I went to the police station and was told that a case could not be opened as the reports for stolen number plates are being handled as a sworn affidavit , but given a reference number and written in the charge book , the name of the officer and rank number is also recorded.  let me tell you that the book is full!

went to traffic department and got a new disc issued and paid R80 for the balance of the licence fee till next year, but they did not seem to bothered about recording the "case" number on the system.

down to incompentance- so i hope that all will be well when i get a million rand fine and the R540 odd million invoice for the e-tols as owed by all of gauteng-

SO WATCH OUT WITH YOUR PLATE THEY ARE WORTH A LOT!