da PEEG "was Dead" - now ALIVE !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewse

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT660
SORTED !!!  Now to start the service...

Calling Welsh...   Calling Welsh...

My bike won't start!

There is voltage in the battery
The kill switch is "ON"
The fuel pump 'purrs into life' and then stops (because there is fuel in the tank - although it is "on the Shah's Fart" and VERY low)

When I turn the ignition switch on, the motor turns but it sounds as though there is no spark...

History:
I put it on the GS-911 diagnostic tool and got the following readings (without and then with the engine running):
(After the GS-911 test, I switched off the ignition, removed it from the bike and tried to start it - NADDA !)
ECU Info Report

GS-911 version: 1401.2 Datapack version:1.8 Serial Number: GS60005503 Registered to: Reynolds
Date: 2014-04-05 Time: 11:04:42 AM
ABS Faults:
BMS-C
Manufacturer:ABS2
Equipment:FTE/VDO
Version:1.20
Creation date (yy/mm/dd):96/8/6
ISO version:20

ABS 0 Fault Codes: (2014-04-05)
Fault Codes Report:

GS-911 version: 1401.2 Datapack version:1.8 Serial Number: GS60005503 Registered to: Reynolds
Date: 2014-04-05 Time: 11:05:43 AM

28: Wheel blocking front
The fault is not present now.
1: Warning lamp fault
3: Rear wheel speed sensor

My next steps are:
- ...remove one spark-plug lead at a time and check whether it sparks against the frame
- ...get 5-litres of fuel into the tank...

...BUT !!!!
Even though the ignition IS on and the kill switch IS in the RUN POSITION the GS-911 now tells me the following:
ERROR  -  “Failed to communicate with controller, ensure that the interface is correctly connected to the motorcycle (GS-911 reports ts battery voltage as 0,00V)”

So it's not "seeing" any voltage and not "seeing the controller"

Guys H-E-L-P !!!

I want to go on my trip next week man !