SPECIAL OFFER: Rallye Raid Toolbox for 1200 GSA, W-I-T-H pictures!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zebra

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
8 Shropshire Street, Paarden Eiland, Cape Town
Bike
BMW (all models)
SPECIAL OFFER: Rallye Raid Toolbox for 1200 GSA

These boxes were R2000 each, am prepared to do a one-off special of R1500 per box on this Vendor Offers and Promotions thread; the fit the 1200GSA - INSIDE the non-exhaust side pannier racks that come with this bike. Useful for tools / compressor / travel documents (since it is SECURELY lockable), etc

Questions:
are they 100% waterproof? - they seal very well, and the trapdoor has sponge around it, so other than total submersion, they should be dry in rain/wet conditions. All edges of the box are radiussed (i.e. smooth).
how do they attach? -  one bolt (already exists, remove and re-insert) and one clamp, fits over EXISTING hardware.
what are they made out of? - aluminium, riveted and sealed with silicone
what do they weigh? -less than 1 kilogram
can I fit a compressor inside? - our compressors - the Airman Tour - just fits through the door aperture.
what size is the opening? - 139mm high by 60mm wide.
is postage included? - no, we will either courier them to you for R130. 3rd-day delivery.
are they LOCKABLE? -  absolutely, and each box is supplied with TWO keys.
will the rear mudguard catch on it? - it MAY, under heavy loading/full compression of suspension, then remove the mudguard!
can the bleed-nipple on rear housing puncture it under bottoming out of suspension? - this has happened with the (wider) plastic raid box that is slightly fatter - should not happen with this box, please check.
can the RGS1200 ADV decals be removed? - yes, a hairdryer will remove them easily.
can the sticker be removed from the rear door? - absolutely!

Pictures to follow..................................

Questions? let us know
thanks
Chris & Team

Attachments

• Raid box side view 2.jpg
    Raid box side view 2.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 371
  • Raid box front bracket.jpg
    Raid box front bracket.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 370
  • Raid box top bracket.jpg
    Raid box top bracket.jpg