Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: New BMW Dealer in Cape Town  (Read 4479 times)

Offline max lange

• Bike: BMW (all models)
Re: New BMW Dealer in Cape Town
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2014, 08:51:09 am »
This is an Aprils fools joke isnt it...
2017 BMW F700GS
2013 SUZUKI DR650

Offline BennNevis

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2014, 09:00:34 am »
How will Donfords manage to run another agency?

As far as I know most of the old Atlantic staff have their feet on the ground again (fortunately). Do Donfords split up their staff or recruit new employees?
Donfords seem to be so bloody busy that they still have not returned my numerous calls and e-mails with regards to parts orders.
(Lynn Schroeder did btw, thanks, lightning fast, efficient and super reliable as I have come to know them over the last 14 years!!!)

Two single brand dealers of one make in CT - not sure if that's going to work long term.
This apparently was an issue for Droomers Yamaha in Bellville.
Suzuki & Kawasaki South is a multi make dealership also selling Aprilia & Guzzi, Hopkins has Triumph under their roof. Renegade gone.
Honda seems to have tied their bike business to the car branches (?) - Why the hell does BMW not do this? I remember some seemingly happy years when BMW cars and bikes were sold and serviced on the same premises (downstairs and upstairs) in Dock Road.

Lecap that happens all over, I am still waiting on a reply from you for 2 weeks now!

Be glad you did not order progressive fork springs
Glass houses and people living in them😩

Offline Hentie @ Riders

• Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2014, 09:08:43 am »
Baie geluk Donford en ek weet hulle sal 'n sukses van dit maak  :thumleft:  :thumleft:  :thumleft:

Offline Garfield

• Deleted Users
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2014, 09:24:27 am »
Go to Donfords, see how busy they are then you would realize it could make perfect sense for them.

Would have been nice if it was a competitor rather than just another branch, but will be great to have a dealership in town nonetheless.  Stellenbosch is a bit far for a lot of Cape Town owners.

Time will tell how well it will work, I wish them all the best  :thumleft:

Offline Stofdonkie

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2014, 09:33:34 am »

As far as I know most of the old Atlantic staff have their feet on the ground again (fortunately). Do Donfords split up their staff or recruit new employees?
Donfords seem to be so bloody busy that they still have not returned my numerous calls and e-mails with regards to parts orders.
(Lynn Schroeder did btw, thanks, lightning fast, efficient and super reliable as I have come to know them over the last 14 years!!!)

Two single brand dealers of one make in CT - not sure if that's going to work long term.
Suzuki & Kawasaki South is a multi make dealership also selling Aprilia & Guzzi, Hopkins has Triumph under their roof. Renegade gone.
Honda seems to have tied their bike business to the car branches (?) - Why the hell does BMW not do this? I remember some seemingly happy years when BMW cars and bikes were sold and serviced on the same premises (downstairs and upstairs) in Dock Road.

Lecap that happens all over, I am still waiting on a reply from you for 2 weeks now!

:lol8:
Carpe BM.

Offline Buddy

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2014, 10:11:35 am »
Just don't serve muffins, or put muffins on display, don't even mention muffins.  ::)
The Townkraaier of Kraaifontein

Offline plaky

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2014, 01:21:42 pm »
Hammans in Tygervalley closed becuse thier attitude and service was shocking. My mates and I where treated so bad that we never put a foot in thier dealership after that and have been using Donford ever since for all our needs. From what I hear this happend to 99% of people we spoke to. So thier closeing to me was self inflicted. Auto Atlantic, not sure what happened there. I do not believe that we need three dealers in Cape Town but two yes and one no. Donford loose the servicing apsect for loacal Cape Town guys being in Stellies especially bikes older than 2 years. Not sure if you guys agree!

Offline JustBendIt

• Vendor
  • Vendors
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • cunning linguistic afficionado
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2014, 01:36:35 pm »

I won't say anything in case I get called a miserably failing shit stirrer again ...
The older I get the faster I was

Offline Garfield

• Deleted Users
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2014, 01:40:11 pm »

I won't say anything in case I get called a miserably failing shit stirrer again ...

You have nothing to worry about unless you are one  :pot:  but if you are, you will be forced to lick the spoon every so often...

Offline Grrrr....

• ...eats seeds as a pastime activity.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • If you trim your tree beware the roots.
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2014, 01:45:33 pm »
Thanks for letting us know. Now I know where not to go buy a BMW....

Offline Odd Dog

« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2014, 02:02:04 pm »
Should have been in Century City or close by....that location in CT attracts the highest rentals in the CBD....?

Which is happily passed on to the client. Fok weet, eers kon die kerke een nie grander as die ander wees nie, nou se dae is dit bike shops. Dit maak dinge duur.

Is a black man allowed to have some water here? :peepwall:

Would've Khayelitsha have suited you gentleman better?  :lol8:
If You're going through hell, keep going.

Offline plaky

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2014, 02:54:10 pm »
I e-mailed Leon re this and he came back to me to say it is official. They are only starting the planning now and he could not tell me more. I assume it will be a fully run branch of the Stellenboisch operation. Servicing to me is where a dealer makes their money and that have a large catchment area for this being based in Cape Town. For me I work in Woodstock and service my bike in Stellenbosch, huge plus for me! Well done yo Leon and hos guys. I wonder if John Carr will come to this branch as it is closer for him to home!

Offline Franky3

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2014, 03:23:02 pm »
Does any body know when the new dealer in cape town is opening. My dad has his eye on a R1200 RT and has been looking for a dealer for some time now. Will appreciate it very much.

Offline BennNevis

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2014, 04:21:34 pm »
Does any body know when the new dealer in cape town is opening. My dad has his eye on a R1200 RT and has been looking for a dealer for some time now. Will appreciate it very much.

It is estimated "within 3 months"

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2014, 05:34:53 pm »
Should have been in Century City or close by....that location in CT attracts the highest rentals in the CBD....?

Which is happily passed on to the client. Fok weet, eers kon die kerke een nie grander as die ander wees nie, nou se dae is dit bike shops. Dit maak dinge duur.

Of course, race and BMW is not normally associated with each other. :peepwall:

Offline Crankshaft

• Bike: KTM 1290 Adventure R
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2014, 09:02:35 pm »
Dammit, dit help veel.

So hulle het nog altyd die hef in die hand... :pot:

Hulle diens was nog altyd baie goed... so great en well done Donford.

Ja daars niks fout met die diens nie, maar het hulle genoeg mense en om dieselfde diens te lewer as by Stellies???
Daar's niks fout met 'n bietjie kompetisie in die mark nie.  In hierdie geval sal dit nie gebeur nie. 

Daar's net een keuse en dit is kak en betaal...  :pot: :pot:
KDX 200, YFZ 450, YZ 250F, YZ 450F, WR 450F, R1200GS LC, R1200GS ADV LC, 2nd R1200GS ADV LC
Current: WR 450F & KTM 1290 Sup Adv R

Offline BennNevis

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2014, 08:29:25 am »

Of course, race and BMW is not normally associated with each other. :peepwall:

I know that its not the ready to race  brand, please pay attention daantjie

Offline Buddy

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2014, 10:15:08 am »
Yip, Marco Melandri could tell you that too  ;D
The Townkraaier of Kraaifontein

Online Lord Knormoer

• Knight Kevlar: Order of the Alu Pannier
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Wassie ekkie!
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2014, 11:34:21 am »

Like Donford BMW?

Offline BennNevis

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2014, 12:31:23 pm »

Like Donford BMW?

LKM I dont think Le Cap has been to Donfords😴